Deleted

Need help in Arena´s and PvP (e.g. 1v1, bgs etc.)

Hi Guys,
    First of all, I need to tell you that my english isn´t Perfect. Maybe you think that my english skills are good or bad, but I´m really sorry if I made some mistakes. If I made some mistakes I would love to be rectified by you guys.
    I was for a long time just a quite reader and I finaly decided to join the Club of PvP people (WoW) in MMO-Champs.

Now Back to the Thread!
    I Play Warrior since July (Cataclysm), in Cataclysm I just played 2s and did some random BG´s.
    Since 3 Weeks I play 3s (ArmsWarrior/FrostMage/Restro Druid) and we managed to get once 1,7k and after that we won very less of our matches and ended up with 1630.
    I personally think that my team and I have problems with CC´s neither we do good CC Chains and neither we can counter the other Teams, we just stuck into CC Chains. My Teammates say that the damage is very important and our damage is too low, only if we manage to do more damage we could worry or try to use more CC´s. In my opinion I think using all CD´s for a fast kill isn´t skill. I have noticed that sometimes it works but looking at it overall it´s not a good strategy e.g. the other team somehow manage to survive it because the use CC´s or heal or bubble it. According to the thinking of doing more damage, I think getting CC´ed is one of the things what minimizes our damage. Our damage actually is/could be good as team if we wouldn´t get CC´ed too much. By the way the Mage and Druid say that they were in BC (Druid) and Wotlk or Cataclysm (Mage) at a raiting of 2k or more. Both are people who didn´t played together until I formed the 3s team.

Arena´s:
    1. I want to know your opinions about what I wrote above.
    2. What could we do as a Team to avoid getting CC´ed?
    3. What is a good CC Chain we could use as Warrior/Mage/Restro Druid? How could it look like?
    4. How could we open (opener) a Match?
    5. What do we need to do to get better Raitings and reach 2k or even 2,2k+?
    6. Should we as Mage/Warrior/Restro try to kill the heal first and/or atack the Dps separate to keep the healer under pressure and switch later together on
    one dps to kill him?

Help in 1v1, bg´s etc.:
    I want to get better with my warrior, I want to get extremly good like Bajheera, Klinda, Thorrior, Reckful/Anticide and all the other rank 1 and Gladiator Warrior´s. They don´t just use their CD´s at once to kill someone in a rush, they use their CD´s wisely. The Rock in every PvP situation and play very good in PvP (1v1, BG´s and Arena). I think i do less damage as other Warriors do like Bajheera Reck they do extrem damage even at the time they had only the T1 Weapons. I know a lot of you guys will probably say "practice " but how and what should I practice especially!? I always watch streams of Reck and I could pick up 1 or 2 things/tipps to use.
    I know two things that I really have to learn to improve my skills: 1. I still have to keybind all my Spells. 2. I need to master circle strafing (I´m always having the prob with camera. I think my camera is moving to fast)
    Questions:
    1. What else can I do to improve my skills as a Warrior to get better and even one day gaining reaching almost to the skills of the Rank1s and other people I
    mentioned aboce!?
    2. What could be my optimum CC Chain as a Warrior e.g. in 1v1?
    3. How can I do the most/maximum damage and most pressure in 1v1, BG´s and Arena´s?
    4. How do I beat Warlocks, Mages and Hunter? (For example my Team mate the Frost Mage always beat me in 1v1)
    5. How can i maximise my time on a Target?
    6. Is it better to use CD´s varied and if it is what should i use together and what separate?

I hope you guys read everything and are able to help me, I´ll be very thankful for every help I can get!
    And please don´t attack me as a troll or something like that because I´m writing these thread to get help not answers like "L2P" or " Warriors are OP just One Shot everything"

I'm not a Glad or Rank 1 myself, but I've been a PvPer since I started, and have gotten a lot better as I went. The first obvious answer you already mentioned, which is definitely practice. Practice always helps out a ton, but when I say practice I don't mean "Just keep doing what you're doing until you're a gladiator." No, you need to go out and practice every single aspect of what it takes to be good at PvP. The best advice I can give is to give yourself little challenges. One thing I noticed that helped me a huge amount that I wasn't doing nearly at all early on was using the "set focus" function. Focus is a hugely helpful feature that isn't inherently obvious to a lot of people , or there are those that feel they don't need it. Big mistake. You can use [@focus] modifiers in macros to (for example) beat the shit out of some melee, and without changing targets Charge his healer in the middle of a big heal, or hex/cyclone/whatever and fear him or stun him with Shockwave, etc. So go into random BGs by yourself, take on 2, maybe 3 people alone, and see how long you can inconvenience them (or maybe even kill 'em all, which is a nice ego boost) by swapping between strong offensive, and careful defensive play. You'll be surprised how well you can do at taking over a cap point by yourself if you aren't just tunnel-visioning the healer while his DPS kill you, and focus helps a lot with this.

Another one that helped me a lot was a side-effect of the first. Tunnel-visioning is a huuuuge roadblock for the PvPer that wants to improve his skills. Say you get a DPS to like.. ~30%. The guy starts popping CDs, and you don't care. You keep trying to aggressively play matchmaker between the dude's head and the business end of your axe. No bueno. This is where you perform a hard switch, because the advantage here is this: The guy is gonna be taking way less damage, and you aren't gonna kill him. The healer is gonna outheal your damage easily while his CDs are blown, and you may have wasted yours trying to kill him through it, to no avail. By using a hard switch to let's say the healer, or the other DPS, you're now putting twice the pressure on their healer, because he has two targets that are in danger of dying, so he'll have to burn through a lot more mana and GCDs and perhaps his own CDs in order to save them. Also, if you are being kited, rather than chasing the guy into next xpac, just turn and hit something. Any time spent not beating someone's face in is wasted potential for pressure, and high rated teams will very likely take advantage of this. Kind of embarrassing to get Deep Freezed and blown up behind a pillar because you wanted to be the hero.

Another piece of advice I can give is, as far as burning down the healer goes, it's not exactly black and white, but it doesn't always need to be your first target. Their healer isn't going to kill you or your healer, their DPS will. If you're staying on the DPS, you're putting a lot of pressure on said healer, it's a lot easier to keep the DPS near you since they're always going to be in LoS of whoever they're trying to kill, or in melee range, etc, and it makes it much easier for their target to kite them if you're up their ass. That said, if you're doing this, and the DPS goes on the defense and blows CDs, and you hardswitch to the healer and notice he's kinda squishy, you may just blow him up while his attention is elsewhere.

As far as CD use goes, it's best to try and force their CDs out early, especially defensive ones, before you've used your offensive. If you can get a hpally to blow their bubble, or a mage to ice block, etc. And you haven't even used Avatar/Recklessness yet? Easy kill. Nothing feels worse than charging in (no pun intended) blowing everything, and then getting kited until it all falls off and now you have nothing when you manage to get someone to 30% and they root you or whatever. That said, watch for their offensive CDs, and try to mess 'em up with interrupts, dispels, stuns, disarms, fears, etc. Don't be afraid to kite people and LoS etc, even as a melee. Just make sure your healer is in range so you can peel for 'em or if you need heals, etc.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is communication. If you watch videos of Bajheera and the like from Arena, they're using Skype (<-- important) NOT Vent. This is because Skype has no lag, and requires no push to talk. Another thing you'll notice is none of them shut up the entire match, but are usually calm, cool, and collected. There is ALWAYS something you can do better, even if you win. Rather than cast blame, or start yelling, discuss the match. Discuss what went well, what could be even better than 'well,' and what you did poorly on. An important part here is to be critical of yourself first and foremost, so your teammates don't feel picked on and have lower morale, but at the same time be honest. Invite others to speak up as well. EVERYONE has to communicate in an arena. One guy calling out everything never works. I've been that guy far too many times.
    Last edited by Egitel; 2012-12-09 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Sorry for the long post, but I was just trying to think of whatever I could ><

Quote Originally Posted by Bhagin View Post
    Questions:
    1. What else can I do to improve my skills as a Warrior to get better and even one day gaining reaching almost to the skills of the Rank1s and other people I mentioned above?
    2. What could be my optimum CC Chain as a Warrior e.g. in 1v1?
    3. How can I do the most/maximum damage and most pressure in 1v1, BG´s and Arena´s?
    4. How do I beat Warlocks, Mages and Hunter? (For example my Team mate the Frost Mage always beat me in 1v1)
    5. How can i maximise my time on a Target?
    6. Is it better to use CD´s varied and if it is what should i use together and what separate?
    1. Just keep practicing, if your team mates enjoy playing arenas just play as many as you can. Try out different things when you play the same team again and see what works.

I wouldn't worry so much about doing well in 1 v 1 to be honest. If you want to be a duel hero, that's one thing. Sometimes you need different talents/glyphs/etc just for certain duels... I'd say just focus on arenas and you will improve much faster than by dueling people.

If you find yourself struggling against certain classes or want to learn how other classes work - download the PTR. You can make instant level 90 characters and full malevolent gear is free at the vendor. Playing a class is the best way to learn how it works and how to counter them.

2. Not sure what you mean by this

3. One popular warrior playstyle is to try and stack your TFB to 3, then use cooldowns against someone in a stun

4. Frost mages are tough to beat 1 v 1. I don't have any tips but I'm sure there are some MoP videos of war vs mage

5. Keep slows up, you've got 3 options for slows - Glyphed heroic strike/cleave, Hamstring or Piercing howl

6. I think the pressure a warrior can cause while stacking cds together is very powerful and it's probably better to do that

Deleted
    As a warrior you always want to use all your CD's at the same time, simply because you're going to hit hard very hard if you do that. The problem is that people know that and thus try to CC you. Since Avatar has no immunity to roots and snares anymore they'll try to CC you as much as possible to counter that. And here starts your problem already.

You're playing with an Druid, who's an nice healer in his own right. The problem is that he doesn't give you what a Paladin for example would give you. The druid can get you out of roots/snares once every 8 seconds at most. A Paladin could tremendously increase your uptime and thus dmg and pressure through hand of freedom.

So since you lack all of those it's up to the mage, whom many people are going to focus as he isn't going to do much aside from trying to survive and thus shouldn't do much damage either. That leaves you in a pretty bad spot.

From what I see your team synergie simply isn't where it's great. Not saying you can't play that combo but you lack some very convenient abilities that could help you quite a bit. Also you're saying that your team is CC'd. What the hell is up with that? You have an Druid and a Mage on your team. They shouldn't be CC'd. They should be the ones doing the CC'ing!

So in conclusion. Swap Druid for Paladin, Swap Warrior for Destru lock, then swap Paladin for Shaman because Shaman and Destru Lock go well together, at last swap Mage for a better Mage. Dunno where that would leave you but that's what I'd do. Alternatively get your team mates to reroll DK and Hpaladin respectively. Then just use all your CD's at once and simply focus something down.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns View Post
    4. Frost mages are tough to beat 1 v 1. I don't have any tips but I'm sure there are some MoP videos of war vs mage
    Fmage vs Warrior 1 v 1 in 5.1? If they've equal gear and skill I'd always put my gold on the Fmage. I do have one myself and without the avatar immunity and glyph of gagorder warriors became a whole lot easier. Still more difficult then an wind walker monk, but to me one of the easiest class to beat, as they ought to be, as a fmage.

Deleted
    Guys, thank you very much!
    Well here are some quick informations:
    1. I´m not anymore playing with them in a team, we just didn´t connect good with each other
    2. I´m thinking to transfer my Warrior from a Pve Realm to PvP realm, what you think guys is it a good idea!?
    3. What you think is the best comp (3v3) for Warriors to get high rated in Arena?

Egitel: Thank you very much, dude you helped me a lot with your answer. One of the best things I could learn from your ansewer was the hard switch, because I try to burst them down even if they are using there Def CD´s .
    I´ll try to 1v2 etc. etc. in bg´s and I´m sure that I´m gonna die several times but I also think after some bg´s it will get easier.

Guns: Thank you Guns, you helped me a lot! In the first question you answered to download the PTR but isn´t it closed for customers since MOP launched? And is BETA MOP = PTR? I downloaded the BETA MOP and if it isn´t the same, where do I have to download the PTR and do I have to get again permission for the PTR?
    The second question was, how could a good/effective CC Chain from a Warrior e.g. in 1v1 or 2v2 look like!? And thanks, for CD advice because the sustained dmg isn´t good as a warrior and the only way to kill good players seems to be using all at once!

Deleth: Thank you for your answer, you also helped me a lot like the other 2 guys above you!
    You´re absolutly right with the fact that a Paladin would be much better but the problem was I just wanted to play 2v2 and 3v3. I tooked almost everything I could get and Paladins who play Holy good in PvP are not available on my realm. And one of the big problems in my team was, that the druid never tried to get me out of roots/snares and the mage trieed to do dmg and kill´s but nothing more just sometimes he countered and all the other CC´s he used on the target we wanted to burst, because so he could deep him and bomb him. I tried to teach them the fact that CC chains > trying One Shot (without CC´s or using in last sec before Burst).