Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Most dead servers on WoW?

I remember at the end the cata logging on one of my old chars and only finding 4 people in org with /who org
    Are there still any dead servers?

loooolololol shutdown sporeggar and make free moves from there

15+ Year Old Account

atleast wait til i have my relic hunter and Glorius achivement :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    seems so. If blizzard could only adress the issue with dead realms and actually do something. Cross realm Zones dont help them at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egrus View Post
    seems so. If blizzard could only adress the issue with dead realms and actually do something. Cross realm Zones dont help them at all.
    I don't think they will do anything now.

My prediction for their next MMO is that the concept of realms will go. You login, and new world instances are dynamically spawned depending on the number of people online (so at 4am there might only be a dozen or so world instances; at 7pm on a Wednesday there would be hundreds). As soon as you group up with people you are all automatically and seamlessly moved to the same world instance (same as CRZ works now). You'd have a 'preferred' world instance (hidden from you) that you would be put in to when logging in, so that at busy times you'd tend to see the same people in the cities and out in the world. Something like that anyway.

Everything is pointing to something like that anyway - CRZ, cross-realm raids, cross-realm friends lists etc.

Just think how easy guild recruitment would be - no more server transferring required. Any faction imbalance would be minimal. The money they lose on server transfers would be recouped by the vastly reduced costs of maintaining multiple realms most of which are dead or half-dead.
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2012-12-04 at 11:23 PM.

You could try Anub-Arak(US) alliance side.

I think there's like 25 or so alliance 90s total on the entire server. Horde side isn't much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I don't think they will do anything now.

My prediction for their next MMO is that the concept of realms will go. You login, and new world instances are dynamically spawned depending on the number of people online (so at 4am there might only be a dozen or so world instances; at 7pm on a Wednesday there would be hundreds). As soon as you group up with people you are all automatically and seamlessly moved to the same world instance (same as CRZ works now). You'd have a 'preferred' world instance (hidden from you) that you would be put in to when logging in, so that at busy times you'd tend to see the same people in the cities and out in the world. Something like that anyway.

Everything is pointing to something like that anyway - CRZ, cross-realm raids, cross-realm friends lists etc
    It's a good concept, but goes against human nature.

Blizzard really needs to hire a psychologist and sociologist to understand the human condition and their bonds.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    You could try Anub-Arak(US) alliance side.

I think there's like 25 or so alliance 90s total on the entire server. Horde side isn't much better.
    I'll check it out.
    I want Warrior Tier3 but its WAY too expensive on my server's BMAH

I would actually save money paying 50$ for transfers between the 2 servers

Quote Originally Posted by Genetikz View Post
    I'll check it out.
    I want Warrior Tier3 but its WAY too expensive on my server's BMAH

I would actually save money paying 50$ for transfers between the 2 servers
    Just watch out, last time i checked (might have changed) you were only able to move 10k when server xfering. if the server is that dead you might have a real hard time getting the gold you need on the other side to even get the minimum bid for the items you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahvanar View Post
    Just watch out, last time i checked (might have changed) you were only able to move 10k when server xfering. if the server is that dead you might have a real hard time getting the gold you need on the other side to even get the minimum bid for the items you want.
    There is no gold restrictions on guild banks for server transfers.

The Scryers - US

15+ Year Old Account
    And I thought Naz'fail was bad....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Ahvanar View Post
    Cap without guild bank is 50k
    Which is enough to buy helm + shoulders on a dead server

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, this is the BEST geared person on Crushridge-EU

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...shridge/Neroni

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have characters on Blackwing Lair (US), and it's quite dead.

Still laughing at EU-Crushridge. 296 lvl90 Characters total.

Medivh - Horde side is pretty bad, outnumbered 5:1 along with a damn low pop at this point.

cho'gall (us). im usually one of 3 people in stormwind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by egrus View Post
    atleast wait til i have my relic hunter and Glorius achivement :P

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:03 AM ----------

They ARE doing something. They are collecting ridiculous amounts of money from frustrated players transferring their characters away. Dead servers(really most servers offer a greatly diminished gameplay experience long before they would be considered actually "dead") are probably the most lucrative aspect of server transfers, especially since you cant transfer characters in bulk so unless players want to abandon all their alts it gets really expensive. working as intended. $$$