Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    there is a reason behind Crushridge
    it was (alongside Hakkar and part of Runetotem) the server where the italian comunity was
    when they opened the brand new italian servers two months ago (Nemesis and Pozzo dell'Eternità), everybody got free transfers from Crushridge and Hakkar
    I still have a char on Hakkar, and I've NEVER seen more than 35 ally players in all the server at the same moment
    very useful for rare mobs, brawler's guild invitation, darkmoon arena and rabbit, Galleon cross realm, many many other things

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the EU-Crushridge guy looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's a good concept, but goes against human nature.

Blizzard really needs to hire a psychologist and sociologist to understand the human condition and their bonds.
    They want WoW/Titan to be like facebook. Most people who have facebook friends don't just friend the people that they know or have relations with IRL. They want the next gen MMO to essentially be a giant social site with killing dragons as a side add in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    there is a reason behind Crushridge
    it was (alongside Hakkar and part of Runetotem) the server where the italian comunity was
    when they opened the brand new italian servers two months ago (Nemesis and Pozzo dell'Eternità), everybody got free transfers from Crushridge and Hakkar
    I still have a char on Hakkar, and I've NEVER seen more than 35 ally players in all the server at the same moment
    very useful for rare mobs, brawler's guild invitation, darkmoon arena and rabbit, Galleon cross realm, many many other things
    The invasion of Italiens on Hakkar was the reason I transferred (read: rerolled as I did this during the time transfers weren't available) back in the day. It was horrible for a non-Italien person on that realm. Even trade chat and everything was in freaking Italien!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    They want WoW/Titan to be like facebook. Most people who have facebook friends don't just friend the people that they know or have relations with IRL. They want the next gen MMO to essentially be a giant social site with killing dragons as a side add in.
    For a MMORPG that won't be successful due to how set MMO players are of their preferences. It's a very closed and controlling market.

I know I wouldn't use it, as I don't use Facebook at all (and sure not going to start for WoW/Titan). It's pointless. Networking to me is with RL people (like my family in Vent right now chit chatting away), not pixels on a screen.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

The concept of servers (realms, shards, whatever) is an outdated one, and the new generation MMOs are wising up and getting rid of this dinosaur. Separating player communities by server is always going to result in some servers getting all the attention (and thus bring massive lag), and some servers bleeding players and dying a slow death.

With WoW having so many dead or one-sided servers, Blizzard keeps ignoring this problem simply because its MMO is still the 400-pound gorilla in the market. They haven't done anything to help those dead servers other than slapping "New Player" tag onto them and hoping new players will be stupid enough to roll on them.

They don't even entertain the idea of server merges (which is strange that they did it for Taiwan region, several times) and they love getting extra money from all the paid server transfers. This business practice is unsavory and would have been taken outside tarred and feathered by the gaming community, if there was any decent competition in the MMO scene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    The invasion of Italiens on Hakkar was the reason I transferred (read: rerolled as I did this during the time transfers weren't available) back in the day. It was horrible for a non-Italien person on that realm. Even trade chat and everything was in freaking Italien!
    Crushridge! When i played horde in cata, if you got more than 2 players from crushridge in random heroics, you were doomed to fail. Especially when running ZG/ZA. And almost everyone spoke just italian in chat.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2012-12-05 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Still laughing at EU-Crushridge. 296 lvl90 Characters total.
    stop taking realm pop accurate after i found my warrior stuck at lvl 85 for a bit over a month before realmpop found out it was 90.

sure its still not much. and thats why blizzard should do someting about it.

IMO, most of the servers people posted here are not 'dead'. The alliance:horde ratio may make it seem dead for the lesser faction on that server. Somebody said exodus was dead...there are tons of horde guilds. Come on now.

A dead server is where barely anybody is even 6/6, or not really any heroics going on at all. Those EU servers posted are pretty accurate. US servers tend to fair better, but there is still:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/warsong
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/gallywix
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/blackwing-lair
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/azshara
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/chromaggus
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/draktharon

Yikes. Merge these servers into one big server and you'd have something positive.

Deleted
    Daggerspine-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    IMO, most of the servers people posted here are not 'dead'. The alliance:horde ratio may make it seem dead for the lesser faction on that server. Somebody said exodus was dead...there are tons of horde guilds. Come on now.
    A realm can have many players listed on it, but if most are parked alts it does little to help.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Demon Soul (US) Alliance side is pretty ridiculous. At prime time there were a total of 42 people online for Alliance, not just 90s but everyone in total. I don't really understand how it got that bad, the server was so lively in BC and even in Wrath to a much lesser extent. But once Cata hit there was literally nothing left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle View Post
    Demon Soul (US) Alliance side is pretty ridiculous. At prime time there were a total of 42 people online for Alliance, not just 90s but everyone in total. I don't really understand how it got that bad, the server was so lively in BC and even in Wrath to a much lesser extent. But once Cata hit there was literally nothing left.
    CRZ didn't help.

When it was released there was a lot of traffic of new level 1 guilds with "new to the realm" adds. So those from other realms rolled on Shandris. Even if they didn't transfer their mains over, they now play on a different realm.

That solution to meet and greet with more players is like a bandaid on an ulcer, it either doesn't heal at all or heals very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkins View Post
    Holy crap, this is the BEST geared person on Crushridge-EU

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...shridge/Neroni
    :'|

/10char
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Sporeggar-EU is in horrible shape. It's a shame really, because it was an amazing roleplaying server back in TBC when it first started up.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

the thriving days of Mug'thol with Void, Odyssey, THE CHETS, Dark Asylum, Popsicles in the Cellar, and Shadow Syndicate are long over. she's dead as a door nail. Think Void is still kick around though,

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/the-venture-co
    Ppl only logg on for raid and dailys, so dead.

Deleted
    Genjuros - EU! There are just a couple of guilds raiding atm. Yesterday I bought the pass for the Brawlers Guild for just 1600. The AH sucks and the community is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    They ARE doing something. They are collecting ridiculous amounts of money from frustrated players transferring their characters away. Dead servers(really most servers offer a greatly diminished gameplay experience long before they would be considered actually "dead") are probably the most lucrative aspect of server transfers, especially since you cant transfer characters in bulk so unless players want to abandon all their alts it gets really expensive. working as intended. $$$
    The only downside to their strat is they have to offer free transfers a couple months later to move people off of high pop servers because the majority will move to high pop. This causes them to do the work twice instead of once. Not to mention blizzard would free up a lot of virtual server space if they condensed their servers.
    The only hangup I see with doing that is they don't want the bad PR of somebody coming back to the game and thinking their toon got deleted because it was moved from X server to Y server while their account was inactive.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Sporeggar-EU is in horrible shape. It's a shame really, because it was an amazing roleplaying server back in TBC when it first started up.
    I started out on Scarshield Legion and my guild formed a horde guild there when TBC launched. The guild didn't survive on either server for long. I still have an alt there but it's pointless due to complete lack of economy - compared with the alt I levelled on Runetotem who managed to fund all his flight etc through gathering while levelling...

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/the-venture-co
    Ppl only logg on for raid and dailys, so dead.
    This was the other realm I started on in vanilla.

From memory these are all RP-PVP realms, so that may be a factor but it's still not good and we were complaining about realm population since the end of TBC and Blizz were always saying they had something to address it but they've had years and they've still not tackled it directly.