View Poll Results: Do you Need, or Greed on greens and lockboxes?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Need - All de time!

2 8.70%
  • Greed - Yup, its what i do.

20 86.96%
  • I set my loot options to pass all the time.

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Need or Greed on Greens - Lockboxes?

When you are in a random 5 man dungeon, do you usually need, or greed on the greens and lockboxes that drop?

Personally, on my characters I hit greed, except when im on my paladin or rogue, (as they are both capable of unlocking the boxes), and on my lock i need on all greens because i can disenchant them.

What do you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    I need on boxes or a green if I like the model.

Deleted
    is this another flamebait thread?

Do you NEED the green, as in, is it an upgrade? No? Then you're just greedy and should hit greed. The system is self explanatory. Same with lockboxes and anything else that might drop.

Deleted
    Greed or DE if available on greens and i always pass lockboxes becos im to lazy to find a rogue to open them or make keys on my alt.

Greed.

I open my loot window for boxes to see what others are rolling if one guy needs ill need and ask the party to /roll.

Tired of greedy players thinking because they have a rogue it's theirs.
    The all so important Mage discussion...
    "Yeah sure sounds great it should also make all our frost bolts for 30 seconds instant cast and let us fly in battlegrounds." - *MagicMert*
    "Haha!! You made drink come out my nose" - *Grondath*
    "Don't do that again! I almost spilled coke on my keyboard, lol." - *Diesta*
    "Just do it like the rest of us... dont stand in it" - *Frostphoxx*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Do you NEED the green, as in, is it an upgrade? No? Then you're just greedy and should hit greed. The system is self explanatory. Same with lockboxes and anything else that might drop.
    My rogue / paladin are capable of opening all lockboxes, hence the need on lockboxes. I only need on greens if its my lock to ensure DE.

Are you saying you would not take the lockbox if you are a rogue and miss out on 30+g?

I pass, because I can't be bothered to either a) find a rogue or b) buy a key.

In short, zero f#$ks given.

In other news, need shouldn't even be an option for greens in dungeons. Not ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    My rogue / paladin are capable of opening all lockboxes, hence the need on lockboxes. I only need on greens if its my lock to ensure DE.

Are you saying you would not take the lockbox if you are a rogue and miss out on 30+g?
    Under this logic if you have enchanting you should need on everything and no one else should get anything.

I greed (./gasp even when I am on my Rogue and my Pally, yes he is a Blacksmith as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Under this logic if you have enchanting you should need on everything and no one else should get anything.

I greed (./gasp even when I am on my Rogue and my Pally, yes he is a Blacksmith as well).
    I always get stuck with people like that.
    Last edited by Revox; 2012-12-04 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    Pssst, OP is one of the reasons why LFD is so full of lowlife, needing on greens and other stuff, as they are completely illiterate and don't know what word "need" stands for in WoW, neither do they know what does "group efforts" mean.

Deleted
    i need every thing i can in raid finder, in heroics i need all lockboxes and most greens.

if i have to put up with the people in the group, im going to make as much gold as possible

mostly because its greens, the people in there should not need them. if someone has enchanting and needs the mats, ill usually pass.

I greed unless someone rolls DE. Then I need. Im the one that leveled that shit, it pisses me off so much others get use it for free.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Even on my rogue and pally which can also open them (BS ftw), I still greed on them, as I do not NEED the box to advance my character. The 30g is hardly make or break, and even on a toon that can't open them, that doesn't mean they don't know someone who can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greed. Unless some douche rolls need for no other reason other than greed.

Anyone can acquire the keys used to open lockboxes. With that in mind, no, you should never roll need on it because it is not an upgrade and everyone else in the group has just as much use for it as you do. Rolling need on it is greedy.

Keep in mind: Enchanters can DE items. Should they roll need on absolutely everything they can just because they can DE it? No, they shouldn't. The same applies to lockboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    Check out the large variety of threads created by Jaylock and your answer will be obvious: Yes.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2012-12-04 at 11:04 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

"Need - All de time!"

There is no excuse. Don't be that douche.

I would love if Blizzard would hold you to that "need" roll. You roll on a green. The game removes your purple, deletes it, and puts the green in that item slot. LOL now that would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Skeleton Keys aren't soulbound so you could use that argument for ANY char.
    It requires a blacksmith to use them.

When you are in a random 5 man dungeon, do you usually need, or greed on the greens and lockboxes that drop?

Personally, on my characters I hit greed, except when im on my paladin or rogue, (as they are both capable of unlocking the boxes), and on my lock i need on all greens because i can disenchant them.

What do you do?
    I tend to not be an asshole so I greed on greens and wait till everyone has chosen before picking one on lockboxes, if they need I need if they greed I do the same, regardless if I am on my rogue, BS, or Enchanter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greed on all greens. Need on lockboxes only in LFR