10+ Year Old Account

BIS weapons for DW Frost? (Non-heroic)

So I'm just wondering since the legendary gem is unique equipped, would best in slot weapons be...

The Sha-touched weapon with the legendary gem for main hand and another sha-touched weapon without the gem for offhand...

OR the 496 amber shaper weapon for offhand (since it has a gem socket you can actually use but is the same item level)

Just wondering what you guys think.

Sha Touched + Ambershaper Weapon

The socket is worth it

Actualy duel sha touched weps gives more strength and mastery (assuming you use a purple str+hit gem to activate the socket in Scimitar) so yeh, duel sha touched is better even though you can only use 1 gem on them.
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Zarosia View Post
    Actualy duel sha touched weps gives more strength and mastery (assuming you use a purple str+hit gem to activate the socket in Scimitar) so yeh, duel sha touched is better even though you can only use 1 gem on them.
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...:170;2:1:1:1:0

Scimitar is better than a second kilrak.

What would be better in the case of heroic elegon, the fanged cresent or normal kilrak, jaws of terror with gem? Currently using that combo but curious if 2 fanged cresents would be better... thanks for any help in advance!

Deleted
    I would always take Jaws of Terror with gem in OH. Since the MH DPS is the one most important, in stat value, OH DPS is lower stat valued then strength so that +500 strength can compensate for the ~190 DPS loss between Jaws of Terror (n) and Fanged Crescent (h) for example.

Only as an orc it will be close to equal that comparison in OH since the lower expertise needed might make you get that 340 into haste. So it will be +340 haste +190 DPS vs +500 strength and/or different reforge/gem.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2012-12-07 at 10:29 AM.

Offhand expertise is almost irrelevant because threat of thassarian strikes always land.

But yes, if using a legendary gem is an option you're going to want to do so.