Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Hey now....Stop comparing country peens here.
    My country has a bigger land mass than yours does!

Na na a boo boo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    This is sick.
    Someone (South Korea) need to get rid of that monstrous entity.
    Sure, if you want to start WW3. Face it, China will be very pissed. Don't know about Russia, but still... Anyway, NK just proves humans are the most despicable species.

If you haven't read his book yet I highly recommend reading it, Escape from Camp 14. I read it over the summer and it's pretty powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Can't wait for the movie!

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 02:17 AM ----------

Did you just forget that French Canadians exist?
    its a joke!
    Not at all, but anglo Canadians and Americans are basically the same. Quebec makes Canada a real country IMO. Without it, Canada is like a big US state

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    And while we're on the subject of North Korea
    Vice Guide, part 1-3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw46Ll-Zy4s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJj85K_7MQ

Definitely worth watching. A bit less gutwrenching than the story of Shin, luckily
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    yet the world ain't doing shit about it...that's reason enough to realize the world is run by money aka greed

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    One thing that really disturbs me is the fate of family after going public as dall said.

"He was tortured because his mother and older brother were accused of trying to escape. He was just 13 years old at the time. "

Whats going to happen when they see him rubbing their faces in it on national television? Death wont come soon enough
    His family was killed not long after his torture was finished. He said at first that he felt they deserved it and showed no emotion when retelling the story, but after being exposed to society and family life on the outside world he later admitted that he turned them in himself

Pretty messed up, brainwashing is just atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    His family was killed not long after his torture was finished. He said at first that he felt they deserved it and showed no emotion when retelling the story, but after being exposed to society and family life on the outside world he later admitted that he turned them in himself

Pretty messed up, brainwashing is just atrocious.
    Not hard to imagine honestly. His family wasn't really significant to him in a great way, and the camp authority was probably more of a father figure to him than anything else. Pretty messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Not hard to imagine honestly. His family wasn't really significant to him in a great way, and the camp authority was probably more of a father figure to him than anything else. Pretty messed up.
    Oh yeah, I can totally get his reasoning and the circumstances. Just a horrible situation all round but at least it's brought some attention to the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    yet the world ain't doing shit about it...that's reason enough to realize the world is run by money aka greed
    How does money or greed come into play here?

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll find that most Americans are completely in favor of liberating North Korea. However, it's usually followed by "...but only if China stays out of it".

That's pretty heartbreaking, not knowing what love is.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Im surprised that your surprised slavery isnt still common. Did you know saudi arabian men now get a text anytime their wife leaves the house (its a law)? Plenty of places with issues you personally view as bad, but thats why you didnt migrate there, right?

Please no nation bashing, its in the rules. Ive been infracted multiple times for saying much less, id edit
    It's not nation bashing when the nations in question are doing horrendous acts. Said acts deserve criticism, and I don't think even my country is immune from critique.

And no, you don't get to use cultural relativism as validation for torture and prison camps. It was wrong when the Nazi's did it, it was wrong when the United States and Canada did it, it was wrong when Japan did it, and it's wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone keeps talking about dealing the NK issue. That's ok.

A likely bigger issue is how do you deal with a population which supposedly has been indoctrinated for ages. If they are in fact in this state, in this mental prison, "liberating" them will just mean crashing their world.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    After reading this, it's hard to believe nothing has been done about it. Especially by America, we seem to love being in everyone's business. :P
    Only when it works out to our benefit... If it has anything to do with genocide or prison camps we usually look the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    It's not nation bashing when the nations in question are doing horrendous acts. Said acts deserve criticism, and I don't think even my country is immune from critique.

And no, you don't get to use cultural relativism as validation for torture and prison camps. It was wrong when the Nazi's did it, it was wrong when the United States and Canada did it, it was wrong when Japan did it, and it's wrong here.
    Whoa don't bring Canada into this. We've never tortured political prisoners. Worst we've ever done was open up mass immigration from Japan so they could build our railway for pennies, but that was voluntary, not slave labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Killing 900k of you own people with gas (900k = wmd dummys) in iraq isnt applied in this situation i guess...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Media is simply amazing, isn't it? Just pour some information reflecting your views on the situation and you can pretty much rule the world.
    And the millions will think what they came to that conclusion you want them to all by themselves.

P.S. This not about N.Korea or whatever they doing, just off topic thoughts after reading few post here, the one what demanding blood and another invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Whoa don't bring Canada into this. We've never tortured political prisoners. Worst we've ever done was open up mass immigration from Japan so they could build our railway for pennies, but that was voluntary, not slave labour.
    Canada had Japanese internment camps at the same time that America did.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Sure, if you want to start WW3. Face it, China will be very pissed. Don't know about Russia, but still... Anyway, NK just proves humans are the most despicable species.
    China won't be if it didn't become Americans fighting up to their borders with threats of liberating China from communism. Russia won't care. And neither want WW3 either.