Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Playing WoW in a diffrent way?

Hello guys,

the last few days I had a idea, which mainly attracts casual players.
    Over the past 8 years Blizzard has created so much content, but most of the players only experience the most recent content. At the moment it's the X-Pac Mists of Pandaria.

My idea is to play through all the content once more, but alot slower. Why play WoW and miss the most of Stuff that makes Azeroth alive? That means I'm looking for players who want to play everything. From Classic to MoP. That means we are going to to pause at 60,70,80, 85 and 90 and do all the content. But to slow down and to give every player the chance to join the leveling in their own speed, I want to do some smaller pauses, which means we are not going to level from 0-60+ instead i want to do it this way:

1-45
    --- pause 1 week ---
    45-58
    --- pause 1 week ---
    58-60
    --- pause until TBC ---
    60-64
    --- pause 5 days ---
    64-69
    --- pause 5 days ---
    --- pause until WRATH ---
    70-74
    --- pause 5 days ---
    74-79
    --- pause 5 days ---
    --- pause until CATA ---
    80-84
    --- pause 1 week ---
    --- pause until MoP ---
    85-87
    --- pause 5 days ---
    87-89
    --- pause 5 days ---
    --- pause until WoWx6 ---

Rules:

-To make a unique experience for everyone, Heirlooms are NOT allowed in this Guild. Not while Leveling and not in Raids either.
    -You are only allowed to go to places that are part of our Content at the Moment. That means, no Shattrath or Dalaran in Classic. Also all instances that are not part of our content are not allowed to be completed or visited.
    -We want to raid together, so dont be boosted through any Raidinstances.
    -Before using the Dungeonfinder-Tool ask in the Guildchat for someone who maybe wants to join.
    -You are NOT allowed to use any Enchants, Sockets and so on that are not available in our current Content. (No Beserking at Level 60 or 70!)

I want to do more pauses between the "Level-Caps", because I want everyone to be able to keep up with the others.
    I also came up that we not going to any zones that are not our Content. That means we won't go to Dalaran when we are still in classic. Also we're not going to use any Enchants or Sockets that are not from the X-Pack we are currently in. ( In Classic only use Classic enchants!)

Please answer this short survey
    http://surveymonkey.com/s/9YFP6VF

-----------------------------------------

The wait is over!

The project will now start and you can be a part of it!

Join "The Order of Nozdormu" on Argent Dawn EU Alliance!
    Whisper Kortarael, to start you Adventure!

PS:
    If i did any mistakes in my post, please tell me, I'm still learning english
    Last edited by mmoc0f4b7c4548; 2012-11-20 at 02:28 PM.

Lightbulb

Nice idea...i quit wow so I don't answer your question but few suggestion here...

from level 1 to 90 don't skip any quests
    Do all achievement in your path (raid, quests everything but you can skip some major PvP and raid achievement like shadowmorne, rare mount etc.)
    Complete all raid with required level only. For example ICC with level 80 only
    No heirlooms

Get 25 people and go on
    at the end earn selfmade title : Allrounder

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 12:44 AM ----------

Nice idea...i quit wow so I don't answer your question but few suggestion here...

from level 1 to 90 don't skip any quests
    Do all achievement in your path (raid, quests everything but you can skip some major PvP and raid achievement like shadowmorne, rare mount etc.)
    Complete all raid with required level only. For example ICC with level 80 only
    No heirlooms

Get 25 people and go on
    at the end earn selfmade title : Allrounder

Deleted
    Actually thats whats I've thinking about aswell

No Heirlooms
    All Raids

And yes, i would love to build a guild around this

Deleted
    I would love to be a part of something like this. I joined in cata have constantly been going back to old content (not just for mounts and achievs) just to experience, granted it's at a much higher level, but I still want to see everything.

However, actually being able to play content as if it were current would be a quite amazing I think. Shame I'm not subbed right now, will be soon though.
    My tip would be to not use LFD until whichever expansion it came in (I dont actually know :P).

Love the idea \o/, but EU or US?

-Should all races be allowed to be played?(Draenei, Worgen, Blood Elf, Goblin, Pandaren)
    A: I dont see why we would deny people to play these races, people should be able to play the race they find fun to play

-Would you join a Guild like this?
    -Is this a good idea?
    A: yes and yes

But, i dont remember or havent checked, but didnt blizzard reduce the amount of players needed for old raids? (atleast aq 20 is "aq 10" now).
    And with a guild like this, it might be a problem when going from (maybe 40man?) into 10man karazan tbc, not everyone will be able to join etc -> drama (already lived it once, dont look forward to it>_<)
    Other than that, i love the idea
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Yes, they have made AQ20 to AQ10. But actually think you won't need more then 20-25 People to clear the 40-man raids.
    Karazhan should also be done by 5-8 People easily. If it is the case that 40 People want to Raid want to raid, we should be able to split our Raidgroup into 4 10-Man raids.

Im most likely going to do this on EU servers.

Deleted
    I would love to be a part of something like this. I joined in cata have constantly been going back to old content (not just for mounts and achievs) just to experience, granted it's at a much higher level, but I still want to see everything.

However, actually being able to play content as if it were current would be a quite amazing I think. Shame I'm not subbed right now, will be soon though.
    My tip would be to not use LFD until whichever expansion it came in (I dont actually know :P).

Edit: It appears I do have a sub at the moment. I just checked my account and it turns out battle.net renewed my sub from my account without me realizing. I guess I should have remembered to actually cancel it -_-.

Deleted
    This sounds fun. Would be nice to do raids at correct lvl instead of doing them later. Started to play in Wotlk so could be a fun thing to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Novembius View Post
    This sounds fun. Would be nice to do raids at correct lvl instead of doing them later. Started to play in Wotlk so could be a fun thing to try out.
    they aren't ANYTHING like what they were though. you can do them at level with about 33% of a raid at every level. it's a great idea until you try it and it's depressing which is why so many 60/70/80 guilds die

Quote Originally Posted by Novembius View Post
    Doing them at the correct level is one thing (I've been there and seen them all). But with all the gameplay, mechanic, and class changes, it makes for a very different experience. As someone earlier said: You can underman virtually every old raid, just due to the changes in character power and scaling over the course of expansions. Even without any gear from the next expansion, a Level 60 in Level 60 Raid Gear now is at least 50% stronger than one was back when Level 60 was the cap.

Great idea though, if you can find enough like-minded individuals. Closest the folks in my guild are going is doing a Herald of the Titans run with a group of 80 alts we all have leveled/are leveling.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    they aren't ANYTHING like what they were though. you can do them at level with about 33% of a raid at every level. it's a great idea until you try it and it's depressing which is why so many 60/70/80 guilds die
    Dont forget that this not a Project to stay at a certain Level forever. It's to do all the Raids together at the certain Level before reaching max Level some day. As I said above this is NOT for super uber-pro player but more for casual people that never got the chance to see the Raids or ever had the chance to raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    My idea is to play through all the content once more, but alot slower. Why play WoW and miss the most of Stuff that makes Azeroth alive?
    WoW doesn't offer tools like EQ2 does. From Chronomages to back level toons for as long as they wish in 5 level increments (yes, back level to hang out with friends leveling their toons, plus have the benefits of end-level abilities and gear...and get XP and AA credit); to on-the-fly slider bars to adjust XP or stop XP on the spot (especially if you're a tradeskilling and farming for rare mats, and don't want to out level the tier. I stopped leveling for 2 weeks just to harvest mats, especially rare Cobalt to make my own Mastercrafted gear to level with).

Again WoW needs the features that are enjoyed in other games, so players can choose how they wish to level. Despite EQ2 having 25k players, you will still see levelers and end-gamers in low level areas, as they entice them to come back by removing the barriers...and without the need for CRZ. They have a shiny system that pays out oodles of plat for rares, let alone a harvest system where even low level harvest mats are in such great demand. Selling things like Feysteel (something like Khorium/Titanium in WoW, but EQ2 has Khorium/Titanium at every tier) can make a player earn 2k worth of gold in WoW, for each. That doesn't include the plat for the lesser mats, too.

Want players back into the world, want to have more leveling options...give players the tools to do so.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Loved the idea. What server would you do this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    LFD came out during WotLK. It wasn't an initial feature, but it came out with patch 3.3 (when ICC and the related dungeons were released). I would also suggest not using LFD. I leveled a warrior from 15 to 55 without ever leaving Orgrimmar. Just queue as a tank and speed run every dungeon. It's an okay way to level if you don't want to see any content, but obviously that is the exact opposite intent of this guild. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of newer players have never used a summoning stone outside a dungeon.

Deleted
    I've been leveling my Character on EU Argent Dawn 'tyrisflare' in a different way.

Play lvl 1- 60 Then freeze XP.
    No more exp gain until each dungeon and raid from Vanilla is complete. Preferably with people of the same lvl, but this is not always possible.

Un-freeze xp then play to lvl 70 then freeze xp again.
    Now complete each Dungeon normal and heroic, and raid from Burning Crusade.

Un-freeze xp then play to lvl 80 then freeze xp again.
    Now complete each Dungeon normal and heroic, and raid from WOTLK.

Once I had completed all this, I was playing Cata. I finished all the content before MoP was out so I didn't need to freeze my xp

-------------

But I'd love to create a guild where all the members did the same and we could all do the content from each expansion together.

I suppose I could join in this

You have to choose a server though, and maybe make a guild

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    I suppose I could join in this

You have to choose a server though, and maybe make a guild
    Well if I see some interest in this idea I think I will make a guild on an EU server. I'll look into it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Im most likely going to do this on EU servers.
    B'aww, that counts me out then. :<

Deleted
    There are a lot of players and guilds who do something similar. But why those 2 week pauses after level 64, 69, 74 etc.? Seems to me to be a weird level to take a break for 2 weeks. I mean what do you want to do? Auchindoun non-heroic for 2 weeks?

Deleted
    Sounds like a marvellous idea!

For a server, I'd kick it on an RP Server. Maybe Argent Dawn? With the amount of 'down' time RP servers has something valuable which PvE and PvP servers don't - entertainment! Even for a non-RP'er (as long as one conducts themselves nicely and does'nt run around trying to spoil other peoples fun) the world and especially the city is ALOT more alive and active.

I'm a RP'er though so maybe I'm biased. But yeah, awesome idea! I strongly support it =)