10+ Year Old Account

Corsair K90 issue

I just got the K90 today and it is great except one thing. My media keys will not work with itunes in all games. They work when not in game such as browsing the web or in an emulator. They work in Portal 1 and 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Borderlands. Will not work in Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Darksiders, Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013. Volume and mute work fine just cant pause,play or change tracks while in most games.

So does anyone know how I can fix this? I have tried the mmkeys dll, and hktunes and neither of those helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    That is what i have downloaded from Corsair since the k90 does not come with a driver disc. So unfortunately that's not the issue, but thanks anyways for the help.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    That is what i have downloaded from Corsair since the k90 does not come with a driver disc. So unfortunately that's not the issue, but thanks anyways for the help.
    Just to be sure, did you run the firmware update flash or you only installed the driver?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to be sure, did you run the firmware update flash or you only installed the driver?
    I installed the drivers, then I saw this thing about updating the firmware as well. I flashed that, should I have re installed the software after that or?

I installed the drivers, then I saw this thing about updating the firmware as well. I flashed that, should I have re installed the software after that or?
    Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service to the left pane of the window and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

Since it worked on another PC, it could just be the service needs to be restarted. Let me know the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Click on the Windows Start Button and navigate to the Control Panel. Start up Administrative Tools and click on Services. Scroll down to Human Interface Device Access and ensure the service has started up. If it is not, click on restart the service to the left pane of the window and change it to startup automatically by double clicking the service.

Since it worked on another PC, it could just be the service needs to be restarted. Let me know the results.
    I did that before I did anything else. I had this issue with a logitech keyboard on vista years ago and thought about that first. I uninstalled the software and re did it and still the same. Could it be an issue with itunes?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:42 AM ----------

So now I have itunes updated, holy shit itunes 11 is a fucking mess. That might make me make the jump to winamp or WMP. This is just garbage lol.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 01:18 AM ----------

Well fuck. Winamp is doing the same thing. I have tried the "fix" on the corsair forums and it is doing the exact same thing.

I have done the following:

Latest Firmware flash for k90
    Latest Software update for k90
    Went to admin tools>services>HID, it is enabled and set to start automatically
    Latest version of ituunes
    Latest version of Winamp
    I also tried the mmkeys.dll
    I also tried hktunes or w/e it was called.......

This is starting to baffle me now lol

Deleted
    Could be an issue with the games/Windows as well. I know I can't always use my media keys, may it be through my K90 or my controller. I know with VLC my controller only works if VLC is the current active application.

15+ Year Old Account
    did you enable global hotkeys in winamp?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    did you enable global hotkeys in winamp?
    Yes. That was the fix corsair had on their site for it.
    I am unable to find the beta drivers for the k90. I could only find the m90 ones. But I did try the USB thing and that did not work either.

Yes. That was the fix corsair had on their site for it.

I am unable to find the beta drivers for the k90. I could only find the m90 ones. But I did try the USB thing and that did not work either.
    Just give safe mode a try..