Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    It seems the biggest problem is your 150 socials draining the guildbank with those 100 g repairs (which also seems like a lot, we offer 50 g but we're also a social guild), but I'm curious, because at least the 7 hc dungeon challenges should be covered by your regular raiders for VP cap, or do they all prefer doing dailies for cap?
    To fix it I would just remove the repair for the socials, they may be unhappy, but it seems your main focus is raiding with 4 raid nights, and if the social part is compromising the integrity of your raids the choice seems fairly easy to cut the perks of being a social.
    Last edited by Lillemus; 2012-12-05 at 08:21 AM.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,924
    The nerf to old world instance gold actually makes a pretty big difference in the amount of gold your guild bank gets. Dozens of people in our guild were making thousands of gold and because of cash flow the guild bank use to get a pretty penny for it. With the 'change' however we aren't getting nearly as much gold.

    The feast/flask change is a big culprit as well. I wish they would at least bring cauldrons back into the game, sigh.

  3. #23
    We're still living off mount/title/gear sales from last xpac. We tried selling ToES attunements (first 3 ToES bosses are easier than last few HoF bosses), but that didn't work...

    Turn off repairs for non-raiders. There's no reason to pay for those. Turning it off for raiders is kind of a dick move, though.

    Depending on your guild's culture, you could invite more randoms (but don't be afraid to boot them). They bring in some good cash with the guild perk and completing guild challenges that your core group would not have.

  4. #24
    Honestly? Just use the (good) feasts. You lose a total of around 300 stat points for the entire raid combined. In the meantime your raiders can spend way less time farming mats for food and more time farming gold.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    It seems the biggest problem is your 150 socials draining the guildbank with those 100 g repairs (which also seems like a lot, we offer 50 g but we're also a social guild), but I'm curious, because at least the 7 hc dungeon challenges should be covered by your regular raiders for VP cap, or do they all prefer doing dailies for cap?
    To fix it I would just remove the repair for the socials, they may be unhappy, but it seems your main focus is raiding with 4 raid nights, and if the social part is compromising the integrity of your raids the choice seems fairly easy to cut the perks of being a social.
    Yesterday (Tuesday EU time) before the reset, 1 dungeon challenge had been completed and the raid challenge and that's it. Our raiders cap from clearing all the raids, doing LFR for the few missing pieces and dailies.

    Yes our main focus is raiding and it always has been.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    We're still living off mount/title/gear sales from last xpac. We tried selling ToES attunements (first 3 ToES bosses are easier than last few HoF bosses), but that didn't work...

    Turn off repairs for non-raiders. There's no reason to pay for those. Turning it off for raiders is kind of a dick move, though.

    Depending on your guild's culture, you could invite more randoms (but don't be afraid to boot them). They bring in some good cash with the guild perk and completing guild challenges that your core group would not have.
    As I said earlier, none of the raiders wanted to boost random people to stuff they didn't earn and looking bad, we should have done that. But we didn't foresee the drastic changes to several otherwise reliable income.

    99% of the socials are friends of someone, we don't really want to invite random people. Our reputation means a lot and we don't want that many socials.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Honestly? Just use the (good) feasts. You lose a total of around 300 stat points for the entire raid combined. In the meantime your raiders can spend way less time farming mats for food and more time farming gold.
    That's not an option. While we're not Paragon or Method, we're still a heroic progressed guild and having 0.2% wipes, every single added stat counts. And it would most likely not make them spend that extra time farming tbh.

    Still wanting to hear, how the rest of you are actually making gold in MoP though?

  6. #26
    My guild did a give-away for the top 3 biggest givers off mats inn the guild. The 1# guy got gear of his choice, title etc.

    In total the givers proboaly farmed/gave away 500k. Then again my guild is also rather big.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,058
    But that was before MoP I presume?

  8. #28
    Why do you feel any pressure to provide the socials with anything?

    They are just random pixels in an internet game. WHEN they start to interact they become more than that but tbh 150 socials and not even dungeon challenges complete? Thats a joke.

    I'd wager that most people are taking the piss and just leeching of your guild because it gives socials free repairs. Don't feel bad about stopping it. "Free" is never free, activities pay for it and if they aren't active then no rewards.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Tekkommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,244
    I started a new Guild for MoP, only have 10 raiders, and we have had a few problems here and there.

    We started with 20k, we are now 90k+, I only supply repairs for the raiders. I sell Blood Spirits, but give out Sha Crystals free of charge to raiders. I also sell patterns, but they don't sell for much, but they sure drop a lot.

    Poeple bring own food/flasks.

    I would keep repairs on for your raiders, but it's probably your socials bleeding you dry with 100g repairs (if you have a lot).

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Why do you feel any pressure to provide the socials with anything?

    They are just random pixels in an internet game. WHEN they start to interact they become more than that but tbh 150 socials and not even dungeon challenges complete? Thats a joke.

    I'd wager that most people are taking the piss and just leeching of your guild because it gives socials free repairs. Don't feel bad about stopping it. "Free" is never free, activities pay for it and if they aren't active then no rewards.
    I think 150 is over the hill tbh, it's probably close to 70ish or so. But yes, social repairs was heavy toll and you are right that with only 1 dungeon challenge done it really is lazy. Guess I have to be a bit more harsh then but I'd still like to know, how the rest of you are making any gold.

  11. #31
    As we're a small guild it isn't so bad, but we've got a 40k loss since the start of MoP, that's up from the 80k a few weeks back. Selling blood spirits is the main source. We've got tons of feats from guildies getting master of the ways and a lot of have been trading spirits to the lotus which has been helpful.

    Would like to see the return of some BoEs however, just makes it that much simpler to earn gold.

  12. #32
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    35
    Provide Flasks for the Raid and turn off Repairs.
    That way your guild only provides something for raid only while Repairs are also available at the other 3 days of the week.
    If you see the Gold growing, you can think about buying Mats for the best Bufffood of your Members.

    Do it step by step, and always keep it balanced.
    Ehrmantraut | Vamonos | Shiq | Bolg
    EU - Blackmoore

  13. #33
    Find out who is the AH goblin in your guild and make him a banker.He/she should be in charge of liquidating non progress (and in some cases progress too) related mats.I did the same in my guild about 90 days before MoP hits and made about 300k with stuff that we would have deleted after MoP.You would be surprised to find out that even MoP was imminent, people were still buying Zandalari BoE's at a respectable price.

    Also provide to the banker low level enchants such as Crusader/Mongoose/Black Magic/+29+30 spellpower etc.In most realms (especially mid/high pop) they tend to reach more than decent prices.Be ready to offer the banker a 5 to 10% cut of the selling profits,because he/she will spend a lot of time playing the AH.Be careful on your person of choice though,for obvious reasons.

    Also ask socials to provide mats for the bank,and reward the top 3 contributors with patterns, a spot in your alt run,award him a BoE, ZA Bear Run etc.Obviously someone will have to keep track of the contributions and be precise with the amount of mats.

    Make old raids fun runs with the socials for xmog gear while you keep for the guild whatever BoE pattern/recipe drops from there,to sell it later to the AH.Ofc you have to state it to the socials that such thing will happen.If someone wants the BoE pattern he/she would get it 15 to 20% cheaper than the last known AH price.

    Hope you find any of this helpful.
    Last edited by FeuerFrei; 2012-12-05 at 10:38 AM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    That's not an option. While we're not Paragon or Method, we're still a heroic progressed guild and having 0.2% wipes, every single added stat counts. And it would most likely not make them spend that extra time farming tbh.

    Still wanting to hear, how the rest of you are actually making gold in MoP though?
    Your only current options are: selling boosts/gear, selling blood spirits/sha crystals, buying gold with rl money, and playing the AH as an individual with the guild money. You know that anyway, there's no secret to it. Most guilds planned financially for MoP months in advance.

    And curtailing the food is an option, and it's the only one. You sound like somebody heavily in debt unwilling to accept the reality of the situation and cut back spending. 300 buff food costs an absolute fortune and is completely unsustainable in current times. You didn't do boosts, you didn't do the DMC thing, you're obviously not that serious about progress or your raiders would individually sort out their 300 food. 300 food is just not sustainable in your position.

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Your only current options are: selling boosts/gear, selling blood spirits/sha crystals, buying gold with rl money, and playing the AH as an individual with the guild money. You know that anyway, there's no secret to it. Most guilds planned financially for MoP months in advance.

    And curtailing the food is an option, and it's the only one. You sound like somebody heavily in debt unwilling to accept the reality of the situation and cut back spending. 300 buff food costs an absolute fortune and is completely unsustainable in current times. You didn't do boosts, you didn't do the DMC thing, you're obviously not that serious about progress or your raiders would individually sort out their 300 food. 300 food is just not sustainable in your position.
    You didn't read the posts did you? cause if you did, you would have known, that the guild bank does NOT fund food - the raiders provide for their own food and flasks in MoP. But yeah, obviously we're not that serious, we're kinda casual with only 7 heroic kills......

    And fyi we did actually make some gold before MoP, again you failed at reading. The problem is, that the reliable ways of making gold i.e Cash Flow for instance has been nerfed by a fair amount due to the much lower gold rate you get from doing older content or the fact that the VP cap is so low and there's a shit ton of dailies people had to do to raise their rep - capping VP doing that.

    We're a 10 man guild, so obviously we couldn't really have done the DMF trick, since only a few have Alchemy. But nice that you bother reading, before posting nonsense like this.....

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    You didn't read the posts did you? cause if you did, you would have known, that the guild bank does NOT fund food - the raiders provide for their own food and flasks in MoP. But yeah, obviously we're not that serious, we're kinda casual with only 7 heroic kills......
    My bad; you should be relatively sustainable then. You've gone in the right direction with cutting off socials repair, you may have to loan the guild some money but I'm sure you can make it back when we get boe's back.

    And fyi we did actually make some gold before MoP, again you failed at reading. The problem is, that the reliable ways of making gold i.e Cash Flow for instance has been nerfed by a fair amount due to the much lower gold rate you get from doing older content or the fact that the VP cap is so low and there's a shit ton of dailies people had to do to raise their rep - capping VP doing that.
    Obviously not enough as you're running into problems now. Cashflow was never a reliable way of making gold, it was just a nice little offset for providing repair bills.

    We're a 10 man guild, so obviously we couldn't really have done the DMF trick, since only a few have Alchemy. But nice that you bother reading, before posting nonsense like this.....
    We were a small 10m guild too. Our DMF income was 1.6M. We did it by giving alts free lvl to 600 inscription kits.

    As an aside, why so aggressive?

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    My bad; you should be relatively sustainable then. You've gone in the right direction with cutting off socials repair, you may have to loan the guild some money but I'm sure you can make it back when we get boe's back.



    Obviously not enough as you're running into problems now. Cashflow was never a reliable way of making gold, it was just a nice little offset for providing repair bills.



    We were a small 10m guild too. Our DMF income was 1.6M. We did it by giving alts free lvl to 600 inscription kits.

    As an aside, why so aggressive?

    Because it's annoying as hell, when people post without even bothering reading the original posts. And saying that "you could have done x or y" isn't really the topic either.

    Cause the matter of the fact is, that regardless of what could have been done - we're still in a situation where we're spending a crap ton more than what we make per week. That's why I was interested in ways of making making the income of gold flow more reliable again.

    Also, the benefit of Cash Flow really depended on how many active members your guild had, so while it may not have contributed a lot to your guild, it did to ours. But none of us thought gold would be an issue like this in MoP and we never cared about just stock piling gold for the sake of having it. So no, we've never had tons of it but at least we've been doing okay.

    Again, the issue now, is that the changes to the game has made it, so that people don't run as many dungeons, they don't earn nearly as much from Cash Flow and nobody cares about Scenarios, when they can just do LFR.

    So to sum up, camping the AH would be an option or maybe the lottery thing - if enough people wants to participate that is. There's no telling, if we're going to see more BoE's in the next Tier, so holding out until then might not be the best idea.

    Anyways, didn't mean to bite your head off.

  18. #38
    One thing you could do is simply lower the amount of gold raiders get for repairs each day. Our guild gives all of us 300g a day for repairs. That extra 500g a day your guild saves will really add up.

  19. #39
    We only have guild repair on during raid times. Any repair needed outside of raiding is up to each individual to pay for, and the guild really shouldn't have to pay for that, in my opinion.

    As for solutions to let your guild earn more gold, let the repair for socials and the like be a reward. You say people no longer do dungeon runs and the like, make an additional rank for socials that only those who contribute to the guild get promoted to. Those who create a guild group and run scenarios/heroic runs thus generating the guild gold, can have free guild repair?

    Another solution, something we used to have before all the guild perks was added, back in Wrath. Each week every raider could, if they so chose, donate gold to the guild bank in exhange for a bit of extra EP (we're using the EPGP system to distribute loot). It wasn't much, just about 200 gold per person was allowed, per week, but still enough to have a steady cash flow that the guild could use.
    Last edited by Chaozu; 2012-12-05 at 01:29 PM.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome -Raer-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Matrix
    Posts
    598
    Well if you look at the simple math: You mentioned about 70 people with a cap of 100g per day, and 13 with 350 per day. Those 70 people could have theoretically spent 490k gold 10 weeks into the expansion. This isn't counting the raiders. If you count them that's another 318.5k since MoP hit. (This is assuming they cap repairs every day.)

    It's good that you've turned off social repairs. Lowering raider repair or only turning it on only during raids would greatly reduce the drain on your bank. The 2 guilds my toons are in have a general "bank officer" that pretty much sells all the unwanted/unused/excess items from the bank. They also do not have repairs for friend/social/alt ranks. (as an aside they're both 25m with a large friends/family section.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •