Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    What we did in our old guild was guild repairs were turned OFF ALWAYS. The only time repairs were turned on was for people of raider level or higher (meaning the people actually raiding) and only at the end of the raid. So basically repairs were only used to repair damaged gear from the actual raid. Outside of that you were on your own. The guild repairs of a raid guild should be for raiders to repair from raids. If you just wonder around and die 10 times doing your dailies YOU should be responsible for paying.

My current guild doesn't do this but I do it myself by only using guild repairs during raids. Otherwise I pay for it myself. It sucks dropping 100g of my own money because I was stupid during my farming but that's my fault not the guilds.

Deleted
    I can't believe any of you raiders actually wanted the crafted gear. Most of it's terribly itemized and certianly not worth anything close to what you can sell blood spirits for.

I imagine you got 3 pretty ropey upgrades that were replaced within a week or two and that cost you 100k+.

My guild provides repairs (cap 1k), food and flasks. OS gear is never DE'd and we're still breaking even.
    Last edited by mmocfafd1d9a5a; 2012-12-05 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 12 Raiders and about 10-15 other players in our Guild. We started in MoP with about 1000g in our Guild Bank. We allow Repairs up to 400g / day / char (including twinks and non-raiders). Our Cash Flow Contribution is about 3000-4000g / Week. We raid 2.5 nights / week. We don't do farmruns / sellruns either. We're at 5/16 HC right now.

We do the same thing everytime a new content comes out: Sell the first 1-2 BoE Epics that drop on the AH and sell every "Raid-Crafting-Material" (Blood Spirits this tier) on the AH. The first Blood Spirits were sold for like 10-15k/piece. Right now, they are worth about 4k on our realm. We still continue to sell them. We had 1 Epic BoE Bracers Drop this Tier so far. We made about 200.000g this way.

We provide Feasts (that 275 Pandaren one) and Potions for all Raiders. We even spent about 50k on Darkmoon Trinkets and Enchants for some Raiders. I just recently bought/crafted 2 Stacks of Flasks for every Raider. Our Guild Bank is now at about 40.000g with 50 Stacks of Feasts left and every Raider has about 12 Stacks of Potions left. Plenty enough till the next Raid Tier. Then its just rinse & repeat.

---

The way I see it, you don't need the first Blood Spirits that drop. Those 2 Items you can afford in like 3-4 weeks of drop are just not worth the money they cost. At least if you buy them really early in the tier where prices are insane. And if its some sort of BiS stuff or people really need them, they can buy them off the guild for a reduced price or off the AH. If they have the money that is.

Same goes for the random boe epic drops. Some are great, but some are just not really that big a deal. We had those BoE plate healing bracers and our pally didn't really need them that much. So we sold them on the AH for I believe 40.000g. As luck has it, he upgraded his bracers the next id.

But if you really don't wanna sell Bloodspirits / BoE Items early in the tier, you're fucked. No way you can make enough money to even float your repair bills. At least that was our problem the first 2 weeks.

---

A little trick to support those Feasts:

- Have your raiders park their ALTs (LvL 85+) at Sunsong Ranch. Have them plant Pink Turnips. With 2-3 85+ Chars / player it will come to roughly 800 Pink Turnips / day. Have their Main Chars plant Motes of Harmony which basically guarantees their cheap Flask supply.
    - For those Soy Sauce you will need: Every Alt (85+) can do the cooking quests at sunsong range, up to the first 525 Skill food of every school. It will net you 14 Ironpaw Tokens = 14 Soy Sauce PER CHAR. Mats / Gold for those cooking Quests are about 2000g / Char. Flip 3-4 Soy Sauces on the AH and you are even. Still resulting in 10 Sauces / Char.
    - Raw Tiger Steak can be farmed quite fast on that island you do the flying-dragon-dailies on. Just have your raiders farm abit every week.
    - Jewel Danio: Just dont bother and buy them on the AH.

That way, you only really have to buy Jewel Danio on the AH to make Feasts for everyone.

Just see if casuals inn you're guild would be interested inn a contest OP, here I'm mainly thinking casuals. I'm sure this could be some fun. As I mentioned earliere we did that in my guild, and it quit many people bothered with it (It was earlyish MOP, food mats only).

Or you could see if you got a good AH player inn you're guild that can spend some cash for previlges such as gear over others, if that dosent cause drama

Anyway...dont really see how you can have gold problems inn the first place - If you want free AH tips from a guy that was so poor he had to do daylies just to afford crafted BOE's around Mid-Ulduar time in WOTLK, and now made 1.5+ million gold casually since about ICC times, feel free to ask. AH playing it not hard at all, infact its proboaly simplere to learn than playing a new class.

I think you should also take a talk with you're raiders. If they are serious, they will pay there own repairs for a while, and donate to guild bank. If they all donate 500g, witch is nothing, it helps. And dont treet casuals as just someone whoes inn a guild for just fun...they can help to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I can't believe any of you raiders actually wanted the crafted gear. Most of it's terribly itemized and certianly not worth anything close to what you can sell blood spirits for.

I imagine you got 3 pretty ropey upgrades that were replaced within a week or two and that cost you 100k+.

My guild provides repairs (cap 1k), food and flasks. OS gear is never DE'd and we're still breaking even.
    I agree that we probably should have sold some Blood Spirits and maybe even some Sha Crystals at the beginning but we didn't think gold would become an issue at the point. Upgrading blue or LFR items with 496 items was however worth it, if you only look at it from a progression PoV.

But it really seems like social repairs in raiding guilds aren't that common, I kinda thought everyone did this tbh. To not make the social members feel "cheated" when they (at least in Cata) brought in gold via Cash Flow and challenges.

Deleted
    You definitely shouldn't be paying for social repairs. Especially when they make up for 90% of the guild.

Just tell them that during progress they've got to help with the war effort. Even if they're not on the front lines.

Deleted
    All our socials get a 250G repair limit, although i'm not sure they ever get close to utilizing it.

You seem to imagine that if you turn off the social repair limit you'll suddenly be flooded with gold though, which i don't think is the case. Like i said you've used well over 100k worth of mats on crafted gear, it's not surprising that your gbank can't support that kind of outlay over a short timescale if not prepared for it.

This is the exact reason that serious progression guilds do spend the end of each tier selling mount runs, achievement runs and loot, to fill the gbank with gold to spend in the next tier.

EDIT: I don't think it was ever blizzards intention that raiding alone could support all raiding consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Favorite View Post
    You definitely shouldn't be paying for social repairs. Especially when they make up for 90% of the guild.

Just tell them that during progress they've got to help with the war effort. Even if they're not on the front lines.

if 90% of the guild is socials then 90% of guild income that comes from guild perks (loots and dailys) comes from them, and you want to cut them off? telling them to help with the war effort?

how about telling your raiders to help with the war effort by doing daylies and farm a little bit rather then coming on line 5 minutes pre raid and log off 5 minutes post raid and yank the guild bank for everything they need to raid?

My guild is actually making tons of money in MoP. We sell Normal MSV, HoF, and ToES boosts with our alts (10 man) for 40k per instance. Buyers get all MS and OS gear and can buy Blood Spirits / Sha Crystals for 20% off AH price. A lot of casauals who play the AH buy boosts because for the same price as a DMF trinket you can get 4-5 pieces of 496 gear.

16/16 N is easy enough that you can pretty much 9 man it with 490+ ilvl.
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2012-12-05 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    if 90% of the guild is socials then 90% of guild income that comes from guild perks (loots and dailys) comes from them, and you want to cut them off? telling them to help with the war effort?

how about telling your raiders to help with the war effort by doing daylies and farm a little bit rather then coming on line 5 minutes pre raid and log off 5 minutes post raid and yank the guild bank for everything they need to raid?
    Yeah but according to OP they're not doing anything other than just playing and somehow they're still losing money. I don't know, just throwing ideas out what they could do. I'd assume the raiders are doing dailies for rep/farm etc anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    All our socials get a 250G repair limit, although i'm not sure they ever get close to utilizing it.

You seem to imagine that if you turn off the social repair limit you'll suddenly be flooded with gold though, which i don't think is the case. Like i said you've used well over 100k worth of mats on crafted gear, it's not surprising that your gbank can't support that kind of outlay over a short timescale if not prepared for it.

This is the exact reason that serious progression guilds do spend the end of each tier selling mount runs, achievement runs and loot, to fill the gbank with gold to spend in the next tier.

EDIT: I don't think it was ever blizzards intention that raiding alone could support all raiding consumables.
    Well this was the first expansion for us as a guild and as such I think we got a bit surprised but that's not saying that we expected the gold to come solely from guild perks. But yes, we did think that we'd have enough gold to last us longer than what would be the case, if we don't close social repairs for now.

Gold is not a issue in Mop i can make 4k aday in about 2hrs of farming im sure you have herblist and miners and also a few 90s to go clear old content for boe greens and blues and woot some times a epic just effort and gold will roll in

If this was the first xpac as a guild, I'm sure other raiders should have known that the start of every xpac is a huge gold drain. You have to understand that more gold will be going out than coming in so you should have done a better job of setting yourself up during Cata.

I may have missed it but chances are you're guild is prob getting around 3-5k a week in cash flow. 75% of that is coming from your raiders. Cutting off repairs for casuals is the first step. If they want repairs tell them to do challenges. Lower the repair amount for raiders. If they want a higher amount tell them to do challenges. There is 9500g a week in just challenges, that is being wasted. Also you should turn off repairs when you're not raiding. You will see 2g here 5g there will start to drain you down.

As for mats sell them all but keep enchanting mats, and give raiders free repairs. Stop saying you must use 300 food as feasts are just as good cause you're not a cutting edge guild. It will save your raiders a lot of gold and they won't mind having to pay for repairs during non raid hours or it might even give them time to do other things to bring the guild more money.

Selling disenchanted gear from Mogushan Vaults mainly... It has been a struggle as far as I know though. Our guild has only been able to supply flasks so far this tier with many raid consumables being generally pretty expensive. I'm pretty sure this was how it was during T11 too with the opening of Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    If this was the first xpac as a guild, I'm sure other raiders should have known that the start of every xpac is a huge gold drain. You have to understand that more gold will be going out than coming in so you should have done a better job of setting yourself up during Cata.

I may have missed it but chances are you're guild is prob getting around 3-5k a week in cash flow. 75% of that is coming from your raiders. Cutting off repairs for casuals is the first step. If they want repairs tell them to do challenges. Lower the repair amount for raiders. If they want a higher amount tell them to do challenges. There is 9500g a week in just challenges, that is being wasted. Also you should turn off repairs when you're not raiding. You will see 2g here 5g there will start to drain you down.

As for mats sell them all but keep enchanting mats, and give raiders free repairs. Stop saying you must use 300 food as feasts are just as good cause you're not a cutting edge guild. It will save your raiders a lot of gold and they won't mind having to pay for repairs during non raid hours or it might even give them time to do other things to bring the guild more money.
    lol ain't gonna stop using the best available food, just so that the raiders can save some personal gold - not the way it works. Having 0.2% wipes just confirms this and it won't change.

Again, I've been asking about ways to make gold as a guild here in MoP and mostly I just get "you should have done a better job before MoP). Well I kinda get that but it's a bit too late for that now......

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    lol ain't gonna stop using the best available food, just so that the raiders can save some personal gold - not the way it works. Having 0.2% wipes just confirms this and it won't change.

Again, I've been asking about ways to make gold as a guild here in MoP and mostly I just get "you should have done a better job before MoP). Well I kinda get that but it's a bit too late for that now......

If you really think that having 300 food vs 275 food is going to make or break a kill then you're sadly mistaken. 0.2% wipes have nothing to do with a food buff and have everything to do with mechanics. There is a reason that almost all second kills are vastly cleaner and faster than your first kill. People understand the mechanics and understand what is going to happen when and where and they don't panic. In fact most people don't even flask or food after the first two kills are still are able to do it even faster than with flask/food.

Also we have given you tons of options on how to make gold. We are just simply pointing out that you could have been better prepared and a content patch isn't as gold draining but can be a gold drain on a guild. So prepare before 5.2 and you guys will be in a lot better shape than you are now.

Stick to strict main spec loot shard off spec loot, Repairs in a raid isnt free. And you honestly cant expect to have 150 people being your worker bees to keep up the repair gold for the elite 13.

Best solution is no repairs for anyone. And if your raiders cant stand to take 200g in repair costs for an evening they arent real raiders anyway. having your food, Flask and repair money for the raid night is what should be expected of any serious raider.

If you arent in to selling runs and gDKP loot for $$$ of course you will be short on $$$. Raiding isnt free free repairs are NOT free make sure your raid team understands that.