Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gawdofrawr View Post
    What you meant to say was, no.
    Three years of using the same toon? I'd count it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I kind of wish I hadn't, but when Wrath came out I really wanted to use my hunter's (first character) name for my new DK, and I never really played the hunter anymore, so I deleted him to free up the name.

And then I ended up switching back to a hunter before I even got my DK to 80.

The rest of them were mostly victims to the 10-character-per-realm restriction and my altoholicism. >.>
    I still have my 2 Original Characters I still play, But I have move server, faction changed alot throughout Cata , but from Vanilla (Beginning) - Wrath (End) I was with the same group of people we just merged with other guilds.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

This all took place during the very start of the ICC patch
    When I first started, I made a toon on a friends realm and we levelled human paladins together. I got to level 10. Then all my friends from other games started playing and so I asked another person who I knew played WoW, what their realm was and since it was an Oceanic realm I decided to reroll on it with most of my friends. Made an undead mage (wanted to be belf but my raf partner didn't have BC yet and I was a noob so though that meant I had to make the same race as him).

Played my mage up until Firelands in Cataclysm where I was perm banned (long story). Started from scratch on a new account and rolled mage again, am still playing it now . Never changed realms for more than a week, Frostmourne-US will always be my home. Never faction changed my mage but I've race changed multiple times; undead -> belf -> goblin -> undead (current).

Wouldn't dream of changing mains due to all my vanity items and due to certain achievements etc. Plus mages have always been very solid since I've played, though the recent fire nerf made me sad hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    A curious thought came to me as I sat browsing my list of half finished reputations on my character today. I've recently re-rolled from my main after five long years and I've done so much on my former main that I thought i'd never put in the work again for another but I'm really enjoying playing it.

Anyway it got me thinking about how many people still play their original character, be it in vanilla or from cata. And not just that but how also many people still play on the same server they started out on.

I've been on a total of 4 different realms and even changed sides at one point. So is there anyone who can say they are still loyal to their char, their server and yes, even their faction?
    My main has been my Warlock for the past 6 years... ironically my very first toon was also a Warlock which I deleted because I didn't like to depend so much on a pet, I wanted to do the damage myself... Different realm though (had to get away from the person who introduced me to WoW, he never shuts up!). Have been Horde from day 1 though.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-12-05 at 04:52 AM.

I did switch mains in BC and Wrath but the very first character I created was my main in Vanilla, Cataclysm, and currently is my main in MoP.

I dunno really. When i first started i probably ended up deleting close to 20 characters, because i wanted to have the same name every time and try different classes. But my first ever character that i actually leveled past 20 i still have, i think hes at level 83 atm. I dont really play at him all too much nowdays, since i dont enjoy hunters anymore, but i just cant bring myself to delete him. So many good memories on him.

In cataclysm my main was a prot warrior, i loved the spec and the class so much, but then blizzard completely ruined prot warrior tanking, it became boring and very unrewarding. My main atm is a brewmaster monk.

Started on my priest in vanilla, about 6 months before BC hit. Did some raiding, had fun. Rerolled a paladin day 1 of BC and although she was always my achievement main, I kind of split time between the two now. (Combined achieves make it so much easier). Working on collecting the priest's tier 3 set off the BMAH since I always wanted to raid Naxx in vanilla but our server only had one guild in there and it was nearly impossible to get into it.

I did finish my Naxx attunement a few weeks before BC hit and went in with a few friends to kill the cat and wipe on trash, so I can say I "raided Naxx in vanilla." =)

Character no(tend to get bored), Server (Been on Mok'Nathal since it opened), Faction....Hell no.

I swapped from my hunter to my druid while it was still Vanilla. Honestly, it was meant to be. I leveled a hunter as my first class as a suggestion from my brother because they were "easy to level and had a pet". I leveled a mage alt to 60, but it wasn't very interesting. Then, when I leveled my druid, I fell in love with it. I loved the hell out of the game when I was playing my hunter and was still new to the game, but when I leveled up a druid and started playing that, it was like it was a new game entirely. I played my hunter pretty much just to raid after about 2 or 3 months of being 60 on my druid. I brought my druid to every possible guild thing that they would let me, even if it meant I was healing (which it usually did). I guess you could say I was having an affair. I would never delete or leave behind my hunter, though, and I always level him up at some point during expansions, and have done so every single one so far.

I've swapped main speccs a lot, but been mostly balance. I was feral in vanilla, balance in the beginning of TBC, resto for the bulk of it, balance by the end of it, balance for WotLK with a feraltank offspecc, balance for Cata with a feraldps/pvp offspecc, and I'm balance now with a guardian offspecc.

I'd never change faction, but I do have a worgen druid hiding somewhere. Honestly I'm not sure how I ended up leveling him all the way up to 85 during Cata, and I will probably eventually level him up to get the double agent achievement, but if anything he's just my druid-away-from-home. The guild he's in speaks French and I don't know anyone there. I'm also regularly put off by humans and their boring structures and annoying voices. And elves. And gnomes. And draenie. Honestly, I just like dwarves. I'd be a dwarf druid if I could.

The only reasons I've server swapped were to stay with my guild. I do not consider server swapping to be an option for any other reason. Nothing to do with loyalty, really, it's just tons of money and time. I level alts for professions, and I don't have 150 dollars to transfer my druid, my hunter AND my profession mules, so when I transferred to Zul'jin, I had to relevel alts and relevel professions, so I'm not doing that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    I've been on a total of 4 different realms and even changed sides at one point. So is there anyone who can say they are still loyal to their char, their server and yes, even their faction?
    Kevyne is my main and really the only reason I came to play WoW -- to play a full time healing paladin.

Sis ensures I'll remain on Shandris (despite many attempts to persuade her otherwise).

And I'll never get the Ally+Horde achievement. Every last toon on 3 accounts are Ally (can not be loyal to two masters).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same character, same faction. Free xfer to Ragnaros when Latin American realms opened, so only 2 servers.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

10+ Year Old Account
    No my first player got deleted. Now my current main was my bros main in wrath which I.... Acquired off him since it was on my account lol. I have changed mains a lot. I could never picture me playing the same toon for 7+ years. Longest toon I have played is my hunter from icc to this teir. Even then I tanked firelands on my warrior. When I stopped raiding I changed to "my" rogue .
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Started 5months after Vanilla came out. So something like 6 or seven years now ?
    Same server, same faction, same main (druid), same spec (moonkin) though i do sometimes switch my offspec from healing to tanking depending on the needs of the guild. Also in the same guild since levelling up to 60.

That being said, i do play alts and have one of each class at 85 (except monk). Not having much time to play them in MoP though, only one alt levelled to 90 for now :/

I Have been playing a paladin for almost 8 years my first two toons where a warrior to level 6 then a Mage to level 8 then it was pally to 60,70,80,85, and now 90. Been on the same server and I changed his haircut once then changed it back. He would never go horde way to loyal to my toon.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

I'm not even faithful to the game itself, let alone to a particular toon, faction or server....the one really nice thing about MoP is that I don't have to achievement farm on my old main anymore if I don't want to due to shared achieves.

I've never been a one-character kind of guy, but I still have both of my original characters from Vanilla. I've moved servers, however.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-12-05 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    I made an undead priest when WoW was released, leveled him to around 40-ish. Then my mates and i rerolled on a pve server, where i rolled an orc shaman. I've changed appearances a couple of times, and ive tried going for another main several times, but allways coming back to the shaman. Now with the sick reputation grind, "officially", my monk is my main, but i want my shaman to have the reps sorted out. So... Yea.
    Oh, and ive ever been in 2 guilds since WoW release and have allways stayed on the pve server

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've rerolled since I started in every shape and form.
    I must have played on something like 5 servers (Across both factions), rerolled from one faction to another more than once, gone through numerous name changes, changed main classes heck I've even changed which system I prefer between PvP and PvE. I've definitely deleted my "mains" on probably two occasions?

That was kinda my first year in a nutshell, despite that I did still enjoy it.

Atm though I'm very happy with everything I'm doing and have no plans to change them any time soon. Ever since I rolled that Dwarf Warrior everything fell into place .

15+ Year Old Account
    i started in tbc with my gnome mage, he was my main and i was on the same server in the same guild playing with the same people up until halfway thru cata, then i transfered to mal'ganis to play with other friends and i faction changed to goblin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same main since vanilla in theory, but being honest, even if I consider the mage my main, I had more playtime on my DK since wotlk. So it's more up to the definition of a main. Playtime or where my heart is? =)