Poll: Are you tired of the MOP commercial

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ok so I got to ask "Small rank about world of warcraft mists of pandaria commercial"

I will start off by saying this is my Personal Opinion and that it is also a small rant.
    Also This is not a MOP bashing post.

Ok ever since MOP has Released "Here in the US at lease" every single commercial break I deal with 1-2 mop commercial's a couple times 3 times 2 back to back then 1 after some other commercial.

I get there trying to advertise the game to get more sells like all company's do but I feel that there really trying to force it on gamer's with the amount I see it.

At first I did think that because of the station I'm on is why I see it so much "Channel 52 aka Cartoonetwork/adultswim/toonami" but even on stations like FX/TBS/USA/Comedy Central they play it a lot.

Hell even major games like Resident Evil 6/halo 4/call of duty black ops II don't play as much as the MOP commercial dose And even posting about some unknown computer gaming group giving it a 5 out of 5 just makes it even more annoying.

So my question is are you also tired of seeing it. I posted a poll as well.

Edit: Also are you seeing it alot in ur area as well.
    Edit: Also mods if I posted this in the wrong spot please do move it
    Edit: If a mode can fix the typo in the title please do I mean Rant not Rank
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-12-05 at 03:59 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I see a MoP/WoW commercial once a week. Want to know how many I see for CoD? Every single day. It depends on where you live and the TV station that you watch. Blizzard probably advertise just as much as the next video game company.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch TV anymore, Blame streaming. so I have to choose the 3rd option.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

You should add an option for "Tired of all commercials". Personally I think maybe 5% of the commercials I see actually affect my purchasing pattern, or entertain me.

...what's a commercial? I've been commercial-free for over a decade... especially now since we're in the Neflix era of TV.

Commercial? They have these on that old, outdated entertainment device, right? This... Tee-V or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    I see a MoP/WoW commercial once a week. Want to know how many I see for CoD? Every single day. It depends on where you live and the TV station that you watch. Blizzard probably advertise just as much as the next video game company.
    Could be just seems like to me in the past month it has been nonstop.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    You should add an option for "Tired of all commercials". Personally I think maybe 5% of the commercials I see actually affect my purchasing pattern, or entertain me.
    None effect my purchasing pattern but a rare few have entertained me. also didn't think about adding that choice and I am also tired of commercials as well.

I remember hearing back in the day commercials was done to pay for people getting "Free" tv but now in most places you got to pay for it anyway so remove the commercials and give me my shows LOL.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-12-05 at 06:17 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't watch TV, so can't say :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I've mostly abandoned actually watching tv with commercials, Netflix and hulu pretty much cover the shows I watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

my issue with it is that there is 0 gameplay in it
    just a bunch of cinematics
    granted, anyone seeing the gameplay that isn't already playing it would probably think it's majorly boring.

killed my tv 4 years ago and happy with it.

Just buying things i need nowadays.

tbh i dont really mind it much its usually only a couple seconds long anyways and i have a dvr so if i really want to i can skip it.

you know what im really sick of? call of duty and the madden/beef jerky ads ugh all the time and alien surf girls i dont know who the hell decided that we want to watch Australian teen dramas BUT IM SICK OF IT @_@ literally every commercial break on some channels @_@

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    my issue with it is that there is 0 gameplay in it
    just a bunch of cinematics
    granted, anyone seeing the gameplay that isn't already playing it would probably think it's majorly boring.
    has there ever been a wow commercial with gameplay? i dont count those "whats your game" with the fake gameplay
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Haven't seen a single one over here in the UK. I mean, I don't want much TV anyway, but the stuff I do watch hasn't had any of the commercials playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Haven't seen a single one over here in the UK. I mean, I don't want much TV anyway, but the stuff I do watch hasn't had any of the commercials playing.
    i thought we didnt get commercials in the uk O_o nevermind apparently only certain channels dont have commercials. i usually only watch doctor who and being human when im over there O-O
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-12-05 at 08:43 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    has there ever been a wow commercial with gameplay? i dont count those "whats your game" with the fake gameplay
    I don't remember.
    I just feel they should at least show what the game actually is.

and your not tired about on cleaning products or so? and in the netherlands there is a increase in gaming commercial comepair to the past.
    we have MoP,CoD:BO2,FC3,AC3. also saw rift once in a blue moon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I don't remember.
    I just feel they should at least show what the game actually is.
    You're not alone with that wish I guess, but apperantly, Blizzard thinks otherwise. They should throw in a few seconds of a raid/some pvp or something like that at least. On the other hand, as the graphics seem very outdated that could potentionally backfire and "scare" people away from the game.

I've only seen it... once? twice? the very first week here. Not that I see many game ads either, maybe they only put them on childrens' channels here?

Deleted
    I don't watch, listen to, nor read any advertisements, ever, if I can in any way affect it.

I don't watch TV-channels which broadcast advertisements. I don't watch TV-series with advertisements, I watch them without. I don't receive advertisement paper filth in the mail. I don't see advertisements on web pages. I don't even live in a big enough city to have road side advertisements or billboards of any kind. That's how it's been for the past decade and a half or so, and I'm not planning on changing anything any time soon.

I can't remember a single product I would have bought because of an advertisement consciously. Some may claim I've bought many due to subliminal messaging, but that's nothing I can affect. I don't understand why anyone would advertise products, but I guess there have to be enough sheeple in the world for advertising to be worth it.

Having said all that, I'd much rather watch an advertisement with extremely high production value and taste, that pertains to something I find interesting, rather than the absolute tasteless and talentless garbage that at least 99.999% of all advertising is. So, if I had to watch an ad, I'd rather watch a WoW ad, than an ad for some random product I'll never buy.

I rather see a commercial from any game then yet another of those Cilit Bang commercials which are so very obviously filmed in English and they just pasted some very very very annoying dutch voice actor on it.