Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This probably makes me a BG scrub but I just can't seem to beat the Dark Summoner on my Rogue

The wobbly light mechanic means I have to be really careful to orient my character perfectly because one accidental flick of the mouse and you die.

I wish they'd at least made it like CMs where your gear scales so you never have to think "maybe I just need better gear for this". Also I wonder how BG will work next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adurp View Post
    I killed Ahoo'Ru over a week ago now, as an Elemental Shaman. I may have more gear than few people, but I still wasn't even close to the enrage. I didn't know about the grounding totem thing as well, so I was taking ~3 stacks for each ball phase that came out.

I just stacked 3 of the angels together and killed them around the same time and got 3 charges at once. I had about 1:20 going into the actual boss phase.
    Elem shaman here too (tauren so no pve racials) item lvl 517 and legendary meta gem. Killed him the first day a bit after midnight (would be faster if the damn queue wasnt 1h all the time....) as long as elem same all cds till the last phase and have at least 1min or more its kinda a kill. With that item lvl ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Markize View Post
    Hexos is definitely unforgiving. He's way harder than any of the earlier fights and even the rank 8 fights that come after it. I did manage to kill him but it took me at least 20X the amount of time I spent on everything else COMBINED. There were so many times where it seemed like I had made the gap but I still died. Hexos should have been placed at the end on of rank 8 at least because the other fights in that rank aren't even in the same league.
    He should have been an optional boss like disruptitron since their mechanics are fairly similar.

I had 3 attempts two days ago where I got him to 1-2 million then barely clipped a wall and died. I tried again yesterday and was not able to last longer than 5-10 seconds so I rage quit. Now I'm leveling pets and archaeology (hate blizz for making me do this).

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    He should have been an optional boss like disruptitron since their mechanics are fairly similar.

I had 3 attempts two days ago where I got him to 1-2 million then barely clipped a wall and died. I tried again yesterday and was not able to last longer than 5-10 seconds so I rage quit. Now I'm leveling pets and archaeology (hate blizz for making me do this).
    blizz isnt holding a gun up to your head saying GO LEVEL PETS AND ARCH.
    YOU are the person choosing to do the optional content (achs), theres nothing forcing you. its not a roadblock
    and their mechanics arent that similiar in all honesty, disruptron is a thousand times worse.

As someone who finished super hexagon (the game the boss is a homage too) entirely, I have to say the crying for the boss to be nerfed is kind of amuzing. Besides, what's the brawler guild suppose to be if not for "hard" mechanics, I'd much rather they focused on the mechanics instead of it being dps races.

I like 0 mistake tollerance mechanics, those that can't be bypassed just by outgearing or having a specific class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This probably makes me a BG scrub but I just can't seem to beat the Dark Summoner on my Rogue

The wobbly light mechanic means I have to be really careful to orient my character perfectly because one accidental flick of the mouse and you die.

I wish they'd at least made it like CMs where your gear scales so you never have to think "maybe I just need better gear for this". Also I wonder how BG will work next expansion.

While I agree they could've done a similar gear scaling option on these bosses, if you are having that much trouble with the light and dying to ghosts, it's clearly not a gear issue. People did these bosses with 480ilvl or less when they first came out, so current PvP gear is more than enough to beat all the bosses up to Hexos at the least, not sure on afterwards depends a bit on your class too I suppose.

Every day I open the Blingtron box hoping for the last item I need for Collect Your Deck / Deck Your Collection and each day it ends in disappointment.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Every day I open the Blingtron box hoping for the last item I need for Collect Your Deck / Deck Your Collection and each day it ends in disappointment.
    I just need Ro-Shambo and I will be completely finished with all Brawler Guild achievements ;_; No love from my damn farm, getting tired of planting those useless veggies @_@

got some problems killing the digg boss right now, probably just have to wait till i get a affli spec again to nuke him .. retarded dps needed :< 150k doesn't kill him xD

and well one of the new rank 8 bosses (the fire elementar) bugs for me so i don't have a special button .. even with standard ui, little bot just looks at me with this look that sais: haha gona die again suckkkaaaa BWAHAHAHA ... and that's quite annoying xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    got some problems killing the digg boss right now, probably just have to wait till i get a affli spec again to nuke him .. retarded dps needed :< 150k doesn't kill him xD

and well one of the new rank 8 bosses (the fire elementar) bugs for me so i don't have a special button .. even with standard ui, little bot just looks at me with this look that sais: haha gona die again suckkkaaaa BWAHAHAHA ... and that's quite annoying xD

yea pretty crazy dps needed, he keeps spawning late for me making it harder as well :S not very often i get a full buff grp now tho. wiped on the dwarf around 50% with 154K dps. got out and realised i had the god damned brawlers teleport ring on -.-

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post

For the fire ele, dont move till he shows up, apparently it can bug out.
    If that doesn't do anything, make a macro to use the special action button

edit: moved to other thread, sorry
    Last edited by Wojtek; 2013-06-06 at 10:54 PM.

The sad part about the Brawler's Guild is that if you once outgear it, the encounters are pretty much super easy.
    If you want to have some fun on the fights after Hexos, don't play as destruction warlock (if you want to get rid of them as i did go ahead): being in an ilevel of 538 most of the fights are jokes as the gear can easily catch up to your mistakes: not once did i notice to walk into stars on the paladin fight with "oh wait did that hurt?" in my mind: completely ruins the fun, and especially for bosses, that can e facetanked with voidwalker, it completely nullifies the challenge factor ( I see you there, Doctor FIST, Bear and Lady Fair). Oh well, time for my arch nemesis: Distruptron :P.

I'm having a LOT of trouble with the last boss in rank 9 of Brawler's Guild as feral, about ilvl 525. No matter what I do, I can't get less than 3 stacks when he puts the orbs around me. I also don't see how I'm going to be able to do 10m health in ~60s, or am I way too slow on the charges?.

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
    I'm having a LOT of trouble with the last boss in rank 9 of Brawler's Guild as feral, about ilvl 525. No matter what I do, I can't get less than 3 stacks when he puts the orbs around me. I also don't see how I'm going to be able to do 10m health in ~60s, or am I way too slow on the charges?.
    There was a bug with the orb stacks for a while, but last I heard that's been fixed.

As for the DPS, try fine-tuning your P1 approach a bit more. Ideally you'll have something more like 70-75s to DPS him before the fire offs you. Maybe more if you're lucky with Angel spawns. Also don't forget that you can get a tiny bit of damage in when he first spawns.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    Also don't forget that you can get a tiny bit of damage in when he first spawns.
    Iirc he heals to full when he bubbles, you will only waste procs on trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    For the fire ele, dont move till he shows up, apparently it can bug out.
    If that doesn't do anything, make a macro to use the special action button
    the not move idea .. sounds good ^^
    the problem is the bot doesn't jump on my gnome ..
    even with macro etc it doesn't work (and no deleting wtf/cache etc) does not help ..

well and gear does kinda make it quite easy .. i mean as demo i got the boss down to 50% without even hitting him (since he kinda shoots back) so with the stun and 50% extra dmg .. ill try out the "don't move stupid lock" mode

So I finally made it to Ahoo'ru. There is a plot twist though. Iv done it all as a mistweaver. I can maintain about 120k dps fully buffed, but higher then that is not an option atm. Should I wait and finish my WW set or is there a way to do this boss with low dps.

~527 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtek View Post
    I did this with roughly the same gear level as feral and just barely killed him before the enrage timer finished me off. Managing the Avenging Angels is rather critical and going into phase two your are probably looking at one minute to burst him down. If memory serves I had 57 seconds and died one second after my last hit killed him. Took me a good 10-15 tries with a few upgrades inbetween. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Iirc he heals to full when he bubbles, you will only waste procs on trinkets.
    Oh really? I guess it was a small enough dent that I couldn't tell one way or the other :P

Other advice still applies >_>
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US