Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I finished up most of the fights this weekend, I just have to collect the deck now. I think Disruptron is the hardest fight as a melee even including rank 8 and 9 fights. Jumping over beams, staying in melee range, dodging the pulses... still hard even with a high ilevel to trivialize enrage.

Maybe one of the card deck bosses is harder for me, I'll find out soon.
    His dps check was always pretty mild at 490-500 ilvl, it was surviving and maintaining uptime that's the issue.

@Drikkink Ahooru is a tactics check that most classes can't cheese. Do you happen to play a warlock? Most people feel he's much easier than disruptron was unless you were using levi exploits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    His dps check was always pretty mild at 490-500 ilvl, it was surviving and maintaining uptime that's the issue.

@Drikkink Ahooru is a tactics check that most classes can't cheese. Do you happen to play a warlock? Most people feel he's much easier than disruptron was unless you were using levi exploits.
    I am a lock. It honestly feels like the fight was designed to force warlocks to do mechanics on these things.

My experiences with Brawler's since 5.3:

New Rank 8s:
    - Hexos was initially daunting but with a bit of practice I got it in 4 or 5 attempts, experiencing the possible variations of the maze is the main factor to learning, doing my rotation properly was a little bit of a pain as a windwalker though without being able to watch my resources properly
    - Sanders was interesting as a melee, wasn't that hard but reminded me of disruptron in the sense that you spend a lot of time running around like a headless chook (intended)
    - Assault bot was easy as shit as a monk, let him stack to 20, popped fort and karma and did a quick mode swap when karma ended, he died seconds later
    - The fire elemental was a joke

New Rank 9s:
    - Big Badda boom, did it as brewmaster (just a choice I made beforehand), wiped once due to underestimating dps requirements, killed him next try, key to beating enrage for me was focusing more on the initial single target burn, you can gain a lot of time there
    - Doctor Fist surprised me first attempt when I found out the hard way that his fist smash isn't survivable with fort and karma, killed him next attempt, his dps requirements were a little tight but manageable
    - Nibbleh sucks, one bad RNG pool spit and it was pretty much a wasted attempt, killed in 5 attempts or so, helped to learn the limitations of how you can/cannot kite him when learning him
    - Ahooru was a 3 shot, first attempt was getting a feel for it, I did the angels really slowly so I only got to 40% in the last phase, second attempt I still did the angels a little too slowly but dramatically improved my approach to burst dps so I got to 10%, kill attempt I did the angels far more recklessly with a cooldown popped then got the enrage fairly easily with time to spare, helps that the divine circle orbs have been fixed

Disruptron post 5.3:
    I gave up on him after 100s of attempts pre 5.3 hoping that blizzard would fix the issues with dodgy laser height and invisible discs, turns out they didn't. I finally decided to man up and get back onto him last night, 20 attempts later finally killed him, thoughts:
    - as a melee, the fight is still seriously screwed
    - invisible discs still happen on some attempts, very blatantly at that
    - lasers still sometimes kill you even after what appears to be a true jump (200ms in australia doesn't help), horde arena complicates this with the lowered sections of the floor too
    - as a melee if the middle disc spawner activates FIRST it is basically a guaranteed wipe unless disruptron moves like an angel for you
    - successful strategy was to put med/high pressure burst on him early on, burning him to 40% as soon as I could, trying to save cooldowns where possible, then at 40% or so, popping Xuen and going balls out whenever I was in range of him, firing ranged abilities where possible, and popping defensives like crazy
    - while the lasers are shit, they ARE learnable and you WILL learn to minimise the risk of bullshit deaths while still having uptime on disruptron, RNG still plays a huge factor here in regards to where he moves
    - as long as discs don't go invisible they're not that hard unless it's the middle one
    - if you don't have stuns to deal with his aoe stun you're going to have to stay away from him for longer, I was able to deal with most of them with charging ox wave and fists of fury, if he started casting while my charging ox was on cooldown and I didn't trust my luck with safely fist...ing him I would gtfo of there
    - cross your fingers and beg for his mercy
    - also, I wasn't listening to music for all of my attempts, then my mate told me to listen to some music and get in the groove, the attempt that I put the music on, was the attempt that I killed him... >.> my rhythm was amazing and I performed everything flawlessly (and the RNG gods blessed me)

Cards:
    - I dun wanna do scenarios, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level archeology on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna bother with fishing on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level a battle pet to 25, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do darkmoon faire, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do Razorgrin as a melee, but I'll have to, at least I'm not a warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Cards:
    - I dun wanna do scenarios, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level archeology on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna bother with fishing on a second toon, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna level a battle pet to 25, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do darkmoon faire, but I'll have to
    - I dun wanna do Razorgrin as a melee, but I'll have to, at least I'm not a warrior
    Noone is forcing you to do any of these.

However, for the fishing one you don't need any fishing skill and for the battle pet one you could just buy a coupl eof lvl 25 pets from AH.

And regarding Disruptron, been having the same issues as you but it seems like they fixed the laser beams at least. Still very annoying when the boss decides to go for the mid cannon first and when 2 beams are very close to each other so you cant jump between them and cant jump both of them in one jump.

But definitely doable now.

Quote Originally Posted by sharlez View Post
    you could just buy a coupl eof lvl 25 pets from AH.
    Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

You need a level 25 pet to use level 25 pets.

@Radio, Disruptron melee centre totem is possible just absolutely ridiculous. I try to kill disruptron a couple tries most days just for fun (killed it pre 5.3), and one time I killed it with the centre totem beginning just by not messing up at all. He hugged near hte middle but I just kept my distance as dps isn't an issue in 5.3 and got in shots where I could.

@Sharlez no jump is undoable without speed increases if you plan ahead - which is preferable. Otherwise speed increases allow you to cover 2 beams when they get close together. With practice it's easy to do diagonal beams on every jump and in usually better for the fight too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So im going to assume I am just bad at turning. I have killed all the original rank 8 rare bosses, killed all the rare card bosses and still can not seem to beat hexos. I have way more attempts then should be needed, but seems like I either turn a little to far or a little short 90% of the time. To me once I or if I ever get him down the rest should be easy

Apparently I managed to get a cheesed kill on ahoo'ru today. The bug that teleports more than one person into the same fight happened and we were like 5 in there, with sanoriak at very low health. We killed it, and everyone got credit for killing their current rank boss, and rose a rank.

It feels kinda crappy getting rank 10 in such a cheesy way, but still, it's nice not having it spend more time practicing on him.

Welp, I got Ahoo'ru to 45% with the fire pits just starting so I was all "I got this this time!". Then I remembered I sacced my voidwalker and not my felhunter and COMPLETE HEAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Welp, I got Ahoo'ru to 45% with the fire pits just starting so I was all "I got this this time!". Then I remembered I sacced my voidwalker and not my felhunter and COMPLETE HEAL.
    Ouch, that must suck! I just cruised through all the rank 9 bosses 1 shotting all except Ahoo'ru, saying that, first attempt I got him to 2% as a firemage with full arcane reforges/gemming eventually got him down after 6 tries. The only boss I really struggled with from the 2 new ranks was Hexos, but once I figured out the patterns was cake.

1 thing that bugs me is I can't kill disruptron what so ever, doesn't matter how early/late I jump, I know I time it perfectly and yet I just constantly die to the lasers (I'm horde and am aware of the bug with the grates or something). Best attempt was like, 20%.
    Last edited by Criiz; 2013-06-13 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post

Disruptron post 5.3:
    I gave up on him after 100s of attempts pre 5.3 hoping that blizzard would fix the issues with dodgy laser height and invisible discs, turns out they didn't. I finally decided to man up and get back onto him last night, 20 attempts later finally killed him, thoughts:
    - as a melee, the fight is still seriously screwed
    - invisible discs still happen on some attempts, very blatantly at that
    - lasers still sometimes kill you even after what appears to be a true jump (200ms in australia doesn't help), horde arena complicates this with the lowered sections of the floor too
    - as a melee if the middle disc spawner activates FIRST it is basically a guaranteed wipe unless disruptron moves like an angel for you
    - successful strategy was to put med/high pressure burst on him early on, burning him to 40% as soon as I could, trying to save cooldowns where possible, then at 40% or so, popping Xuen and going balls out whenever I was in range of him, firing ranged abilities where possible, and popping defensives like crazy
    - while the lasers are shit, they ARE learnable and you WILL learn to minimise the risk of bullshit deaths while still having uptime on disruptron, RNG still plays a huge factor here in regards to where he moves
    - as long as discs don't go invisible they're not that hard unless it's the middle one
    - if you don't have stuns to deal with his aoe stun you're going to have to stay away from him for longer, I was able to deal with most of them with charging ox wave and fists of fury, if he started casting while my charging ox was on cooldown and I didn't trust my luck with safely fist...ing him I would gtfo of there
    - cross your fingers and beg for his mercy
    - also, I wasn't listening to music for all of my attempts, then my mate told me to listen to some music and get in the groove, the attempt that I put the music on, was the attempt that I killed him... >.> my rhythm was amazing and I performed everything flawlessly (and the RNG gods blessed me)
    Agree that even after 5.3 this fight is not well designed for melee. The lasers seemed to be much wider than their animations sometimes (latency perhaps?).

And yeah the middle pillar can die. If it never spawns on an attempt the fight is immensely easier. I barely tried it pre 5.3 but it still took me probably 2 dozen attempts last week.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Razorgrin has been hotfixed. He doesn't melee anymore if you are behind him (on his tail), and he has a pretty slow turning animation so as long as you stay behind him as a melee, he won't hit you.

Pretty simple fight honestly. One shotted it after the hotfix and finally got the epic shirt on my warrior

Got to Nibbleh in my 507 ilvl gear on my Destruction Warlock. Hit a complete roadblock on him though; I can kite him easily enough but hit berserk when he's at 24%. A big DPS check that just isn't possible until you get high ilvl gear, also I don't have any tier 15 gear which doesn't help.

nearly 20+ days and no blingtron card need it for achieve QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    this boss is really for fotm reflect, only possible for class with either reflect damage or complete immunity

i can do phase 1 perfectly and have more then 1min to spare in phase 2 but 2 orbs phases will kill me

cant portal out
    cant take only 1 orb

any tips and tricks for this annoying boss?
    in response to my complaints about this boss before, it got hotfixed and i finally got my rank 10 and mount

"The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."
    Archimand - On Demand Breeding List Link
    FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Finally managed to beat Disruptron for a full clear on all ranks, all card bosses and all four of the "rare" bosses.

(cheesed it in blood specc with dps gear @ ilvl 523, all buffs except attack speed and just barely made the enrage timer)

Strangulate talented for extra stun to avoid his aoe stun and Icebound Fortitude in the end to make sure I wouldn't die to orbs and shit.

Officially done with Brawler's Guild until Blizzard adds new bosses and ranks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiju View Post
    Got to Nibbleh in my 507 ilvl gear on my Destruction Warlock. Hit a complete roadblock on him though; I can kite him easily enough but hit berserk when he's at 24%. A big DPS check that just isn't possible until you get high ilvl gear, also I don't have any tier 15 gear which doesn't help.
    When you say you hit berserk do you mean you run out of room to kite or that the fire pits blow you up? When I was working on him I would run out of space before the fire pits even started and hit a similar roadblock that you did. If you're specced into KJC then warlocks are in a bit of a weird place with regards to the kiting pace. From what I understand the best pace to maximize space is to use walking (instead of normal running) while backpedalling, but because of KJC, the 30% movement speed debuff means we're way too slow, but using normal running (even with the KJC debuff) is a bit too quick.

What eventually worked for me was to stutter-step instead of consistently backpedalling, and stopping at corners to allow him to catch up into melee range before I continued kiting. Not sure if that'll help for you - I was a little more geared at about ilvl 512 at that time, I think, but I did kill him with some room to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    nearly 20+ days and no blingtron card need it for achieve QQ
    This makes me feel bad that I got the blingtron card randomly one day and held onto it for awhile because i was too lazy to finish him. I did it today though and also after three agonizing hours I got Ahoo'ru. I just need to finish up my card battles and revisit some of the old rank eight bosses. I'm just glad to finally be able to ride my mushan and never see Ahoo'ru again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Agree that even after 5.3 this fight is not well designed for melee. The lasers seemed to be much wider than their animations sometimes (latency perhaps?).
    Nope, not latency. They are just higher up or wider sometimes than they look like. Did him with 15 ms, and still failed seemingly perfect jumps from time to time.