Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
LastLast
  1. #481
    Hexos was the hardest. Mainly because you can't really outgear the mechanics, you can only make it not last as long. Hexos and battle tron were the 2 bosses I had to actually L2P.

    I got stuck on hexos a long, long time ago then just stopped trying mainly because I hated waiting 30 minutes + just to spend a good minute progressing. I came back a while later after brawler's guild had died off and there weren't near as many people queueing as before and finally got hexos. Every other boss after that was a push over for my gear.

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The chance of nibbleh throwing it right under himself is horridly low (rough guess below 1/1000?) since the pool animation is larger than what hits him, or his hitbox is smaller than his form - one of the two. I doubt you saw it repeatedly rather than were just too slow with moving him, or turning, etc.

    Ofcourse you could be that 1 in a million but... yeah... what is happening that you call bad RNG on nibbleh?

    Him throwing pools in front of himself/near himself, him randomly stopping long enough for him to buff up at least once, if not twice. Which equals "you're screwed". (this has reportedly happened to many other people)


    And it happens enough for this to become more of a RNG fight than a skill fight. Very frustrating, and they should fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  3. #483
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,480
    If he throws the pool infront or near himself that isn't an RNG issue, you just need to work around it. I've done the fight as shadow priest which is arguably the worst spec for it (no UVLS), you just need to be precise with your kiting.

    He doesn't stop long enough to buff up unless you were in melee range too long. This is why the slow backwards walk technique is popular - because it practically negates this if done right (for melee and mobile casters who desire to be in melee)

    People also report that the angels don't remove shields on ahooru (because they missed) and that hexos kills them due to lag (99% of the time because they failed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  4. #484
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If he throws the pool infront or near himself that isn't an RNG issue, you just need to work around it. I've done the fight as shadow priest which is arguably the worst spec for it (no UVLS), you just need to be precise with your kiting.

    He doesn't stop long enough to buff up unless you were in melee range too long. This is why the slow backwards walk technique is popular - because it practically negates this if done right (for melee and mobile casters who desire to be in melee)

    People also report that the angels don't remove shields on ahooru (because they missed) and that hexos kills them due to lag (99% of the time because they failed)

    No, you don't get to handwave it off. "People report x.". It's not like I've got to Nibbleh by not paying attention. I know when something is hard due to buggy design, and when it is because it simply requires skill. Nibbleh is the former. And "you just need to work around" a pool dropped almost right in front of him? Ok then.


    Seems like you're trying too desperately to defend Blizzard's design. Anthracite and Nibbleh are bugged, and that's that. And the slow backwards walk technique isn't popular, because it makes him bugging out even easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  5. #485
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,480
    I've never had someone turn to me and say nibbleh was bugged after they killed it a couple times. People are just quick to call something a bug because they couldn't possibly fail, you are doing the same. (and I have spent a LOT of time in brawlers guild)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I've never had someone turn to me and say nibbleh was bugged after they killed it a couple times. People are just quick to call something a bug because they couldn't possibly fail, you are doing the same. (and I have spent a LOT of time in brawlers guild)

    So have I. It's not like I went here to call Hexos a bugged fight, even though I indubitably wiped on him time and time again. Dismissing claims like that as "well, they're just whining cause they can't get it down." is just lame. I still tweeted Watcher about it, and that they should look into it, so we'll see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  7. #487
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,480
    You aren't the first, or the 10th, or the 100th to call this fight bugged- just like every other difficult fight in brawlers. Casting mechanics does not a bugged fight make, nor does wows pathing - you should be able to deal with these as they are consistent and don't suddenly get worse on this fight, you just get punished for ignoring them.

    I'm not a blizzard fanboy at all - I'm very quick to criticize blizzard and criticize them harshly, but straight up in over 100 (probably over 500 but I'll be conservative) nibbleh attempts by many different people I've only seen an unavoidable pool once.

    If he places a pool infront of him you move him around it immediately. If you like you can watch the projectile and see if it will likely land infront and just swivel him round - dps shouldn't be an issue in current LFR / honor gear. Didn't make it in time? Be closer or use a movement speed increase so you can turn him faster.

    Pool to his side? Just go around it, be mindful of it on your next line/loop

    He's spending too long on the spot and getting a buff? move away from him earlier, taking into account he has a cast. You are not at the mercy of RNG here, just don't be greedy with attacking him. You have time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You aren't the first, or the 10th, or the 100th to call this fight bugged- just like every other difficult fight in brawlers. Casting mechanics does not a bugged fight make, nor does wows pathing - you should be able to deal with these as they are consistent and don't suddenly get worse on this fight, you just get punished for ignoring them.

    I'm not a blizzard fanboy at all - I'm very quick to criticize blizzard and criticize them harshly, but straight up in over 100 (probably over 500 but I'll be conservative) nibbleh attempts by many different people I've only seen an unavoidable pool once.

    If he places a pool infront of him you move him around it immediately. If you like you can watch the projectile and see if it will likely land infront and just swivel him round - dps shouldn't be an issue in current LFR / honor gear. Didn't make it in time? Be closer or use a movement speed increase so you can turn him faster.

    Pool to his side? Just go around it, be mindful of it on your next line/loop

    He's spending too long on the spot and getting a buff? move away from him earlier, taking into account he has a cast. You are not at the mercy of RNG here, just don't be greedy with attacking him. You have time.

    It's funny how you say "A bunch of people who killed him said it's not bugged." and use that as evidence that those who say it is just find it unfair that they can't get it down/that they're somehow not skilled enough. So wait, if you can apply the argument that their claims of a bugged fight are because they can't down it, I can also apply the argument that, because people got it down, their burst of victory make them happy and prideful enough to say that it was their own skill that got it down, not good RNG.


    After which we can move over to more useful information.


    When a mob stops and keeps standing in a pool that buffs it (which is inevitably your death at any amount) when you're quite a few yards away from it, then that's not player fault; that's faulty encounter mechanics at work. And that, together with where he tends to drop his bolts made me tweet Watcher and tell him to check Nibbleh and Anthracite out, if not all of the encounters. You'll probably dismiss the claims as "the people I was with are more reliable than the people who are with you, as well as WoWhead." again. Your anecdotal information somehow being superior to mine for whatever reason, but I don't care, really.


    For the record, I find you dismissing such complaints simply with a "Eh! They're just butthurt that they can't get it down!", and henceforth sticking your metaphorical fingers into your metaphorical ears and going "LA LA LA LA! The fight can't be bugged or flawed design-wise in any way! Just whiners gonna whine!" very disrespectful, but what did I expect, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  9. #489
    Remember killing Hexos then your character would walk right into a beam on it's own when the boss we clearly DEAD. And you wouldn't get credit for the kill when the boss was clearly had 0 health laying dead on the ground.

    I had to rekill Hexos like 10 times because of this.

  10. #490
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    For the record, I find you dismissing such complaints simply with a "Eh! They're just butthurt that they can't get it down!", and henceforth sticking your metaphorical fingers into your metaphorical ears and going "LA LA LA LA! The fight can't be bugged or flawed design-wise in any way! Just whiners gonna whine!" very disrespectful, but what did I expect, really?
    And I find your lack of ability to accept your own fuckups as immature, but hey-ho. There's some irony you in saying I dismiss your complaints (despite responding to your issues on the fight in turn) and you dismissed those.

    When someone can consistently kill a fight after they killed it from then on, the bug is either avoidable (you claim it is RNG and not avoidable), or there wasn't a bug and they were just playing poorly. But I'm sure you're the epitome of player skill and the 1000's who can kill this fight consistently are all just lottery winners.

    Anthracite is buggy I never said otherwise, but not in an RNG sense. The animation is not representative of the water spurt which can lead to confusing players. That is indeed a bug since I can't imagine it's intended. At the same time this bug is completely avoidable.

    @Orcindauh it's common advice to keep following the maze after Hexos is dead for the few seconds it takes to pull you out - although this is sort of common sense since if you die for any reason in brawlers guild before it pulls you out the arena you risk not getting credit. What caused you to walk forward? You don't need to be moving to turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And I find your lack of ability to accept your own fuckups as immature, but hey-ho. There's some irony you in saying I dismiss your complaints (despite responding to your issues on the fight in turn) and you dismissed those.

    When someone can consistently kill a fight after they killed it from then on, the bug is either avoidable (you claim it is RNG and not avoidable), or there wasn't a bug and they were just playing poorly. But I'm sure you're the epitome of player skill and the 1000's who can kill this fight consistently are all just lottery winners.

    Anthracite is buggy I never said otherwise, but not in an RNG sense. The animation is not representative of the water spurt which can lead to confusing players. That is indeed a bug since I can't imagine it's intended. At the same time this bug is completely avoidable.

    @Orcindauh it's common advice to keep following the maze after Hexos is dead for the few seconds it takes to pull you out - although this is sort of common sense since if you die for any reason in brawlers guild before it pulls you out the arena you risk not getting credit. What caused you to walk forward? You don't need to be moving to turn

    You're the one who started assuming I have complaints solely because I can't deal with my fuck-ups, which doesn't really work with the consistency beforehand where I wiped time and time on GG Engineering, the Dark Summoner, Hexos and Battletron and never once whined about buggy mechanics. But hey, believe what you want. I tweeted Watcher, and I won't retract that tweet because I'm sure and confident that it is buggy, because an encounter elite suddenly stopping in his tracks with someone several yards further than the NPC itself can't be intended mechanics.


    But you keep citing anecdotal evidence. I already gave my own anecdotal refutation, and you ignored that, so whatever. Yup, I could deal with wiping dozens of times on Hexos without ever complaining about buggy mechanics, but now I suddenly can't deal with my own fuck-ups. This is what I mean with desperate to defend Blizzard. You go through amazing lengths to assume I can't do this or that, when I could do so before. So I don't quite get how you have the gall to call anyone here immature except yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  12. #492
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're the one who started assuming I have complaints solely because I can't deal with my fuck-ups, which doesn't really work with the consistency beforehand where I wiped time and time on GG Engineering, the Dark Summoner, Hexos and Battletron and never once whined about buggy mechanics. But hey, believe what you want. I tweeted Watcher, and I won't retract that tweet because I'm sure and confident that it is buggy, because an encounter elite suddenly stopping in his tracks with someone several yards further than the NPC itself can't be intended mechanics.
    This is the ingame pathing. It happens everywhere, not just brawlers guild. A mob will not always immediately follow you the moment you break melee range - and this is how you can reduce damage taken from faster mobs usually, because they will stop and 'think' (path) for a second before moving to you again. Nothing is different about nibbleh here and it's nothing that other people were unable to deal with. If you want to get a scope for just how many have killed nibbleh this might help (as might asking the npc on high pop realms).

    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=34&r=&w=&n=

    But you keep citing anecdotal evidence. I already gave my own anecdotal refutation, and you ignored that, so whatever. Yup, I could deal with wiping dozens of times on Hexos without ever complaining about buggy mechanics, but now I suddenly can't deal with my own fuck-ups. This is what I mean with desperate to defend Blizzard. You go through amazing lengths to assume I can't do this or that, when I could do so before. So I don't quite get how you have the gall to call anyone here immature except yourself.
    It's generally wise to ignore someones anecdotal 'refutation' when it's not only an insignificant amount compared to your own, but also lacking experience and coloured with heavy personal bias. I don't really care why you feel this fight is wronging you in particular, maybe because you aren't familiar with the mechanics causing you to wipe? I'm not going to say wow's pathing is perfect, but it's more than manageable for most other people, it seems.

    Last of all, I repeat I have no interest whatsoever in defending blizzard. I'm more than happy to call them out whenever I feel they're fucking up, but to say their pathing is an issue is to call out more than just 1 fight in brawlers - it affects the whole game. Sure, they could make nibbleh respond super quickly alone (likely they are capable of that but just haven't bothered with wow content in general) but I don't see why they would since once again - I can go in and kill it fine, the only worry being that I fuck up myself (usually by using pet too early)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is the ingame pathing. It happens everywhere, not just brawlers guild. A mob will not always immediately follow you the moment you break melee range - and this is how you can reduce damage taken from faster mobs usually, because they will stop and 'think' (path) for a second before moving to you again. Nothing is different about nibbleh here and it's nothing that other people were unable to deal with. If you want to get a scope for just how many have killed nibbleh this might help (as might asking the npc on high pop realms).

    http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=34&r=&w=&n=



    It's generally wise to ignore someones anecdotal 'refutation' when it's not only an insignificant amount compared to your own, but also lacking experience and coloured with heavy personal bias. I don't really care why you feel this fight is wronging you in particular, maybe because you aren't familiar with the mechanics causing you to wipe? I'm not going to say wow's pathing is perfect, but it's more than manageable for most other people, it seems.

    Last of all, I repeat I have no interest whatsoever in defending blizzard. I'm more than happy to call them out whenever I feel they're fucking up, but to say their pathing is an issue is to call out more than just 1 fight in brawlers - it affects the whole game. Sure, they could make nibbleh respond super quickly alone (likely they are capable of that but just haven't bothered with wow content in general) but I don't see why they would since once again - I can go in and kill it fine, the only worry being that I fuck up myself (usually by using pet too early)

    Then I simply disagree. Firstly because the fact that people got down a buggy boss is not a reason to not fix it. Secondly because, while pathing issues exist especially in old world stuff, the movement of the boss is crucial to this fight. In this way, such an issue is a huge flaw that can unfairly get you killed multiple times, despite you being skilled enough to take it on. If anything, if they have better tech for this, Nibbleh is one of the fights where they should take extra care to make him move well, because it's just so important.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  14. #494
    Hexos was a pain on my unholy DK. I'm not sure how anyone was able to do it. 70% of the time it bugs out at the start(something to do with the pet I think), the rest of the time it works, I start doing damage but I have to keep track of runes, runic power and procs all while doing the maze. I was only able to do it finally when the boss bugged in my favor and I was able to damage him even though the maze kept passing through me.


    Was much much easier on my warrior and hunter where I had no need to watch my bars or keep track of resources. Since, almost always there is a button to press. I hope all classes had equal or at least similar difficulty in killing bosses. Comparing unholy to my hunter, the difference in difficultly is high.

    Nibbleh was hell since I didn't even have the back walking button bound on my keyboard till I did that boss. Still stuck on DK but I think I'll be able to do it with better gear.

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Hexos was a pain on my unholy DK. I'm not sure how anyone was able to do it. 70% of the time it bugs out at the start(something to do with the pet I think), the rest of the time it works, I start doing damage but I have to keep track of runes, runic power and procs all while doing the maze. I was only able to do it finally when the boss bugged in my favor and I was able to damage him even though the maze kept passing through me.


    Was much much easier on my warrior and hunter where I had no need to watch my bars or keep track of resources. Since, almost always there is a button to press. I hope all classes had equal or at least similar difficulty in killing bosses. Comparing unholy to my hunter, the difference in difficultly is high.

    Nibbleh was hell since I didn't even have the back walking button bound on my keyboard till I did that boss. Still stuck on DK but I think I'll be able to do it with better gear.

    Yeah, something with the pet bugs out Hexos sometimes. Really, while I like the Brawlers Guild a lot, and find the encounters interesting, almost every encounter could use a slight bit of mechanical tweaking to keep bugs and glitches that make you almost certainly wipe from being so frequent. I'm not sure how anyone could object to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  16. #496
    I loved the brawler's guild when it first came out. (Except for the wait time, that was annoying.) I was disappointed to find out there's no plans to continue it's development into WoD.

    It took me awhile since I constantly roll alts and such, but I came back to the Brawler's guild shortly after completing my legendary cape on my shaman. Since he's enhancement, my burst was so high I could mostly faceroll the bosses. Hexos was the only boss to really stop me up hard, but even he didn't take a whole lot of attempts to get down.

    Ahooru was an awesome fight though. Took me three or four attempts to get it right, but I would gladly go back and do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

  17. #497
    I am Murloc! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,480
    Compare disruptron before and after all his fixes, even ignoring the fight was a dps check originally - the fight is a mockery of what it was. The beams that used to one shot most players (500k a hit) are not only easier to jump over now, but also only do 50k if you get hit. Unfortunately if you have strong self healing you can just stand on the spot and take all the hits tunneling the boss. The orbs still hit but obviously people have 50%~ more health than they used to, so an orb that previously 3 shot isn't particularly threatening either unless you run into them.

    Ideally I'd prefer if specific avoidable mechanics did % damage instead of static damage, like the rares in pandaria do. You'd still be able to overgear to kill them quicker and avoid mechanics, as well as take smaller % hits from things considered unavoidable (melee and similar), but it'd keep fights like disruptron and zen'shar interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  18. #498
    Hexos was by far the hardest. Took me something like 5 tries to get him down. Rest took 2 at most.

  19. #499
    The way to beat Nibbleh simply and with minimal effort is to use the in-game control pad that automatically allows you to walk backwards. That way, there is no stop and start (therefore there is less of a chance of mob pathing issues) and it will increase your chance of success.

    Just access the move pad in the interface and use that.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  20. #500
    The Lightbringer NatePsychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,603
    Hexos is the only difficult boss in there. If you've got ADHD, you're gonna have a bad time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •