1. #1

    Oracles and Frenzyheart Rep

    Hi,

    I'm currently doing the rep grinds associated with "The Beloved" title. I am trying to do Frenzyheart rep, however, no quests show up at Frenzyheart Hill. This is after killing the lich in the cave and choosing the correct npc to help with the battle. I've also tried killing Pitch to see if it would offer up the initial quest. None of this has worked so far though, would anyone know why?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Hi,

    I'm currently doing the rep grinds associated with "The Beloved" title. I am trying to do Frenzyheart rep, however, no quests show up at Frenzyheart Hill. This is after killing the lich in the cave and choosing the correct npc to help with the battle. I've also tried killing Pitch to see if it would offer up the initial quest. None of this has worked so far though, would anyone know why?
    Simple question: do you have "track lower level quests" enabled from your minimap? I had that problem the other day when I went back to check out the area and couldn't locate any quests. It's default option set to "Off", so you might try checking that.

    If that doesn't help, then I have no idea. Sorry!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Simple question: do you have "track lower level quests" enabled from your minimap? I had that problem the other day when I went back to check out the area and couldn't locate any quests. It's default option set to "Off", so you might try checking that.

    If that doesn't help, then I have no idea. Sorry!
    Yup, checked that it was on as well. =/
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Hi,

    I'm currently doing the rep grinds associated with "The Beloved" title. I am trying to do Frenzyheart rep, however, no quests show up at Frenzyheart Hill. This is after killing the lich in the cave and choosing the correct npc to help with the battle. I've also tried killing Pitch to see if it would offer up the initial quest. None of this has worked so far though, would anyone know why?
    Been a while since I did this but the only two things that come to mind are:

    1. Have you done the relevant quest chain in the basin to unlock these reps?

    2. Try not to murder the lich so quickly as it can bug out the quest if you're swapping reps.

  5. #5
    The quest bugs out the first day you pick it after killing the lich and selecting which side to save. Aslong as you have selected either Oracles or Frenzyheart, if you return the day later and kill the lich again the quest pops up over the head of whichever you previously selected. I have just had the issue switching to Oracles on my hunter to start re-farming the eggs.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    699
    I have vague memory of this as i switched about 2-3 years back.

    But i remember having to take off my gear and dps the lich slowly.

  7. #7
    You do need to get him to 30% to get him to go immune so you can pick, but the quest still bugs out once you pick one it wont continue until the next day. At least for me it took 'til the next daily reset for it to actually show up again properly.

  8. #8
    Are you referring to the quest that the oracle and frenzy encased in ice give during the fight or the actual dailies for the reset? I've already chosen which side I want to grind rep for and there are no dailies on offer out at the hub.

    Edit: I've just checked Icyveins quest checker which says that I have to hand in the quest "Return of the Lich Hunter". That seems to be the problem as I don't have it in my log and the frenzyheart didn't offer it to me after killing the Lich.
    Last edited by Farath; 2014-09-04 at 10:31 AM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

  9. #9
    Quest is 'bugged' - like someone pointed earlier you have to do it slowly (i took my weps away and used my fists), when he goes immune you choose the guy you wanna get rep into killing the other AND have to let the one you left hit the lich few times BEFORE you kill it. If it works you should have dailes immediatley, if not wait like 10-15 mins for lich to respawn and try again (had to do it like 2-3 times before it worked)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    Quest is 'bugged' - like someone pointed earlier you have to do it slowly (i took my weps away and used my fists), when he goes immune you choose the guy you wanna get rep into killing the other AND have to let the one you left hit the lich few times BEFORE you kill it. If it works you should have dailes immediatley, if not wait like 10-15 mins for lich to respawn and try again (had to do it like 2-3 times before it worked)
    Yup, that hasn't worked. I'm killing him with a white weapon, so he isn't dying quickly.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

  11. #11
    As I mentioned for me I had to wait 24 hours until the dailies reset to kill him again and talk to the relevant captive. I was able to start doing my dailies again seeing as the lil guy finally had another quest show up over his head. Even when I waited previously and killed him slowly ensuring he was getting to 30% it was not showing the quest. So try 24 hours later and if it still doesn't show, hope you get a GM response about a bugged questline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •