Got My Mind On My Money: Open end, 1.000.000g on one character

2 years ago I reached 700k [http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-want-Blizz!] before the great lootgold nerf (5.0.4, before this: ~14k each ID). Weekly farm route from then on was only 1.5-2k lootgold (~4.5h). But thanks to AoE Loot and Potions of Luck, Troves of the Thunderking and all those Keys that open chests with gold, I made it to 1.000.000g.
    Troves of the Thunderking proved to be the most fun way to do this. I guess I never missed a key (each week, ~70+ since 5.2) since 5.2, because it's just a few minutes of visiting the island. A good way to improve the perfect farm route was grinding 15+ runs back to back. All in all you can get 650g+ on average from each run.

And now, almost 2 years after 5.0.4 release (oh the irony), I crossed the 1m mark. Didn't expect this at all after the nerf to old content, even though you could get ~4k from Cata25hc (every week, raid that needs to be organized a bit). I don't know if I (still) have any competition when it comes to this, especially since there is no AV past 200k (and that's account wide), but I guess some of the Potion-of-Luck-Farmers made a huge leap during this Xpac.

I'm not begging for a new AV, just proving that it can be done.
    And for those who wonder about an average gold per hour: 1k can easily be achieved in old content with speed clearruns (full group with only loot gold in mind). Same goes for Potion of Luck + Guo Lai Halls.

Damn, that looks good. Congrats, man.

Field Marshal
    Congratz very nicely done sir
    Share the happiness and you will get lots in return

Tell me how.....

7.7mil gold huh? not bad, about 10x more than I ahve between my 2 main toons :P

I have around 120k looted but have over 1.2mil earned from auctions. I find it easier to get gold that way haha

Also, nice gold from Vendors. I only have like 4k lol
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2014-08-28 at 10:07 AM.

That "ui" makes me think back to TBC. People still use Titanpanel/FUBar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Mr.EvilGreedyPresident goes "MWAHAHAH YOU PUNY PROGRAMMER, I'M BUYING A NEW FERRARI AND THERE'S O MONEY LEFT FOR YOUR PUNY CONTENT, WITHER AND DIE AND SCREW THE PLAYERS MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA *thunder echoes in the distance*"
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - Useful PvP Items

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    That "ui" makes me think back to TBC. People still use Titanpanel/FUBar?
    Why not??

Anyways, whats your /played on that toon?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Why not??

Anyways, whats your /played on that toon?
    exists since feb 2nd 2005, so it's couple of 100 days. but "looting" gold is a rather small part of my time spend ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    7.7mil gold huh? not bad, about 10x more than I ahve between my 2 main toons :P

I have around 120k looted but have over 1.2mil earned from auctions. I find it easier to get gold that way haha

Also, nice gold from Vendors. I only have like 4k lol
    My main is just BS/Engineering (bc nostalgia + fun + Raid BIS), but my alts are feeding the auction house every ID, should be ~12.5m+ gold from the AH on them. And since I invest in profitable sales and don't buy anything that comes to mind, I still have a part of what I get from the AH. Vendor gold is quit natural for farming old content. When we start farming Cataclysm 25hc or MoP in next Xpac, Epics will sell for 40g+ at the vendor regularly (maybe nerf this one blizz??).

I'm at ~500k myself right now... not bad considering I only got the 100k achieve this year!

That being said it was almost all due to potion of luck farming.