Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    Deleted

Brawlers guild - Disruptron

Hi there!
    First off, i'm a fire mage with 496 ilvl - Slightly higher than the average of people attempting this.
    So after getting lucky getting my invite on Wednesday (Only took 15 rare kills, thank god) I managed to make my way quickly through to the max rank without much trouble. I am currently 3/4 on rank 8 with only Disruptron left.

I am having serious problems with this fight. Avoiding most of the damage is fine, however I am having problems beating the enrage for two reasons.
    I need to move a lot, I could use scorch but then I lose a big part of my dps on combust (Unless I get very lucky, which I don't want to rely on with 30 minute queues).
    Second of all, the "soft enrage" mechanic appears at 25%. this makes all 4 canons in the corner and the totem in the middle shoot the discs out at the same time. I can't see any way of avoiding this without pure luck or a safe spot (Which wouldn't really work, since you need to jump over the lasers anyway.

Has anyone actually beat this yet? I've had around 80 tries on this in the past 2 days and I can't help feeling that i'm missing something.

Edit: Also, if anyone has questions about previous bosses feel free to ask in this thread.

Deleted
    497ilevel Enhancement Shaman here currently rank 8 2/4

Is Millhouse Manastorm only doable with pure luck with where the crystals spawn assuming you have the DPS for him?

WTF am I supposed to do on Disruptron? As a melee I only survive long enough to see a bunch of discs shooting from the middle into my face.

Sorry I couldn't help you but I really can't find any sort of information regarding Rank 8 bosses anywhere.

Also willing to help out folks in other bosses tactics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    497ilevel Enhancement Shaman here currently rank 8 2/4

Is Millhouse Manastorm only doable with pure luck with where the crystals spawn assuming you have the DPS for him?

WTF am I supposed to do on Disruptron? As a melee I only survive long enough to see a bunch of discs shooting from the middle into my face.

Sorry I couldn't help you but I really can't find any sort of information regarding Rank 8 bosses anywhere.

Also willing to help out folks in other bosses tactics.
    Millhouse is just like the rest of the fights (Bar the eyeball boss), stupid in the sense that if you're not the DPS flavour of the month class with decent gear you will struggle. Getting lucky with the first crystals getting up to 100 stacks is very important, i'd even say that getting double beams on you for the first 3 or so crystal spawns is essential for the slightly weaker classes.
    I had the fight lucky, I have a very strong cooldown that does a ton of burst that I could save for 100 stacks - even with that I only just managed to beat the enrage.

Disruptron has 4 lasers coming, one two from either side of the longer side of the rectangular arena and one from the narrow side (Great explaining, I know!). You need to jump over these to avoid the damage (They WILL one shot you). There are also the discs which do around 200k damage on you, they only spawn from one cannon at a time (4 cannons in each corner of the ring and the totem in the middle). When you reach 25% he does his soft enrage as mentioned in the original post, which fires the discs from each cannon and the totem in the middle as well as needing to avoid the lasers.
    For the soft enrage, you need to be dodging the 3 laser lines and 17 discs flying rapidly around the room. Not fun.

I agree that there is very limited information about the rank 8 bosses - it seems there are very few people on them at the moment. I have been the only person to kill any of them in the Reckoning EU battlegroup.
    Last edited by mmoce20ca04fd3; 2012-11-30 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips but i've had 2 wipes around 10% on Millhouse with 3 pillars/totems focusing on me on the first 20 seconds and then I fail hard because I either hit enrage OR he gets 2 many stacks and plain kills me.

About Disruptron.... brb farming Elemental gear... :/

Deleted
    If any totems are on the side of him, that you can't take as well as the ones you're currently tanking then you NEED to kill them. Don't foget, with the damage buff it'll only take one small attack to take it down, like a shock of some kind.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Disruptron boss casts a 3 second stun that hits anyone within melee range - Have fun avoiding 17 discs, 3 lasers, constantly moving in and out of the bosses melee range all while trying to beat the enrage timer!

GG melee.

Deleted
    Yeah I spotted that when I saw him walking around like a Capacitor Totem with legs stunning me into the lazers.... some of these bosses need some tune up tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    Just as I entered the Brawler Arena, apparently an ilvl507 shaman just pulled that one off.
    Did you see him do anything special? or did he just run around nuking with his cooldowns up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    The boss starts off with an add in 2 corners that shoots 3 sound discs out at a time. These do around 150k damage. The boss also casts a static spell, which does the same.

There's also an add in the middle with around 7mill HP, which I think controls the lasers that go across the floor. There are 3 lasers going across the floor, each of which fades in and out.

When the laser is fading out, it will do less damage, and when it is at it's brightest, it will one shot you. You need to avoid all this shit while dpsing the boss (Which is the only mob that moves). The timing on moving through the lasers is very strict.

Not sure if this helps anything.
    Well, actually, that's what I wrote on another forum - I recently found out that you need to jump over the lasers, but they still just don't do damage when walking through them sometimes.

Deleted
    Update im 3/4 now with Disruptron being my final opponent.

Did 420k DPS on Millhouse and was semi lucky with pillars, used druid symbiosis - solarbeam to make him cast pillars more often and managed to pull it off with both of us dead in the arena :'))

Going to attempt Disruptron with a burst spec and tunnelvision this crap :P wish me luck.

have a priest levitate you, you can float over the lasers.

Deleted
    Doesn't work, do I have to stand on a specific location?

I'm in the same boat, currently at 3/4. Had to get lucky with Millhouse and get double totem on the first one, after that it was pretty simple.

I hit Enrage as the other two died.

Disruption is just pure insanity. It's the hardest boss by far and zerging it down isn't really viable. I haven't even seen enrage yet but I've also been pushing DPS really hard too.

It's just very highly tuned. It's doable, but pretty tricky.

Can someone fill me in on how to kill battletron as a spriest? Even if i completely avoid the orb mechanics my DPS is still too low for this fight, forget about moving+casting, that is not an option for this enrage timer.

Is the only answer get better gear? I am at 485 ilvl with 2 piece tier.

Deleted
    As a melee this thing has be kicking my ass so hard, I killed Zen after 2-3 attempts and got Millhouse and Sharkdinosaur to under 30% without too many issues (just need some better gear(weapons) and a smoother rotation) but keeping up dps on Disruption while dodging everything is goddamn insane, not complaining I guess because it's an awesome challenge, just it's fucking rough for everyone (although Ele shams seem to be having the best go at it, must be nice to have so many insane dps cds).
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-12-01 at 10:20 PM.

what do you do about the GG twins? I can't seem to get them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sctrojans1112 View Post
    what do you do about the GG twins? I can't seem to get them
    Hug Bo Bobble so Max hits him with the bombs, dont stand in the bombs.

3/4 on rares

Disruptron is beyond ridiculous as melee. Pls nerf <3

Deleted
    Warlock in my guild got 4/4 with disruption being his last one sub 30% when he's just throwing out all those balls is insane. Funny thing was you still get the realm first system message even though they removed the actual FoS but it just says Player name has earned the achievement !
    Last edited by mmoc59e00f8e84; 2012-12-02 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullflower View Post
    3/4 on rares

Disruptron is beyond ridiculous as melee. Pls nerf <3
    Yeah it's really dumb. it's probably doable but I haven't even made it to enrage so I don't know how tight it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Can someone fill me in on how to kill battletron as a spriest? Even if i completely avoid the orb mechanics my DPS is still too low for this fight, forget about moving+casting, that is not an option for this enrage timer.

Is the only answer get better gear? I am at 485 ilvl with 2 piece tier.
    You don't actually have to do all your damage whilst moving, it is possible to hardcast. (Coming from a Boomkin with 2.5 sec Starfire casts) who has killed it.
    Clear as space of 3 orbs, I see alot of people running rings around the boss, progressively bigger (this is stupid) I ran INSIDE the orbs (they're not a physical shield, they only do damage if you blow them up via a spell LANDING) You can run inside them, to get ahead of the gap, start casting, so you spell lands during the gap and this wont cause any damage to you. It takes a bit of practise but you'll get used to it.

Average rule of thumb is you need 80k + dps to kill it before enrage. When you get to 20% or so (or see the floor get fiery) assuming you have enough HP to kill off another orb do so. The rest will despawn, and then respawn, meaning you have a window to PURE NUKE until the final orb returns. Use with executes + a 2nd pot, you can pump out alot of damage at this point.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee