Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not sure about world first as I dont know how to check the millions of others' achievements, however I will say I agree the levitate buff is kind of a "smart use of mechanics" type cheese and wasnt too happy about it when I found out it was possible, but after multiple attempts sub 5% while jumping over lasers I figured the few globals I had to jump out of his melee range to avoid the lasers were the few globals it would take to kill him and caved in. I hope it gets fixed (since casters can literally stand in the one safe spot the entire fight and never have to move?) but I also hope it doesnt get fixed until they make the bugged "invisible energy balls"....visible.

Either way, looking forward to season2 Brawlers! Oh and thank you =)

Deleted
    100% not world first a guy on bloodhoof EU did it before and he did it without levitate.

Deleted
    I dont see the point to "cheat" for stuff like this when you challange yourself. I myself wouldnt feel any good about it at all but thats just me, gz I guess.

AND making a movie of it.. lol.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2012-12-03 at 10:00 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could use levitate in the horde arena. It's possible without it but requires a bit of luck, luck that I don't wish to stand in queue for hours hoping for.

Honestly they should just keep levitate in and fix it for the Horde arena. The difference between ranged and melee on this fight is absolutely insane.

So... on Disruptron, is there some sort of trick to make the central totem NOT activate once the 35% burn phase begins? Or did he just get extremely lucky that the central totem bugged out on top of having levitate?

Quote Originally Posted by Variat View Post
    So... on Disruptron, is there some sort of trick to make the central totem NOT activate once the 35% burn phase begins? Or did he just get extremely lucky that the central totem bugged out on top of having levitate?
    It bugged out.

There's a lot of bugs that I've encountered in my 70+ attempts on this fight:
    - Chance of taking random invisible damage. Doesn't register on combat logs, you just take damage for all your health pool and die from nothing.
    - Chance of despawning at the beginning of the encounter leaving you to sit around for 2 minutes till the fire kills you.
    - Randomly immunes to Death Grip. Sometimes I can grip him to interrupt his stun cast, other times he decides that he's too good to be gripped.
    - The middle turret follows a disc-shooting pattern most of the time but on some attempts I've noticed that it decides to just shoot out in random patterns making it impossible to guess where they'll come out. Couple that with his tendency to roam around the middle, and the fight becomes impossible as a melee trying to beat the berserk timer.
    - Latency plays a huge role in being able to avoid lazers, discs, and his stun. Don't even attempt this if you notice some delay as you'll most likely get clipped by the discs/lazers or stunned way out of melee range.
    - There's a chance that you won't have a vertical lazer and will only have to dodge 2 horizontal lazers.

Hopefully they decide to nerf this encounter. Everything leading up to his soft-enrage is doable aside from a middle turret spawn. Once you reach 30% and all the turrets start shooting discs, the fight becomes impossible as melee due to the berserk timer and the insane difficulty of avoiding discs, lazers, and the stun all while trying to stay in range to attack him as he roams around the room. You would have to be incredibly lucky to beat this fight without the use of levitate. I'm still waiting to see a legitimate melee horde kill on this.
    Last edited by Skullflower; 2012-12-03 at 11:57 PM.

I tried levitate but he always just ends the fight at like 15-20%, i never get to see fire, i dont die but i just get ported out.

Edit: The fight lasts 27 sec short everytime.
    Last edited by zyrxy; 2012-12-04 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    If this is true that sounds pretty badass. Although the likelihood of me getting this is really low since im still stuck on Battletron (Ilvl 487)
    Assuming you are a lock, definitely possible. I did it at 485 ilvl.

KJC and soul leech are your friends.

give me your gear so i can stand a chance vs the oh so skillful enrage timers.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Assuming you are a lock, definitely possible. I did it at 485 ilvl.

KJC and soul leech are your friends.
    Yeah I was using those, the only issue I was having was the enrage, but I finally downed him today.....barely. I decided to try out supremacy with stacking haste (I play destro as my main spec). I had more 1% wipes on that boss than I can count, and 2 attempts where I killed him but also died so I didn't get credit but at least I was doing better. I then thought to bind my pets attack to all my spells and I downed him two attempts after.

And how the hell did you did this at Ilvl 485 O.o? I tried this boss with all specs and did roughly equal dps in all, so I ended up just focusing on doing this as destro since that is the spec I raid as and am more comfortable with. I know simcraft says affy is the top spec, but I just couldn't think of anything I could do to drastically increase my dps. I was saving haunts for when I got good procs (but never allowed myself to cap) and going about the normal rotation. Is it really that much better?
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2012-12-04 at 01:20 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any tips for Horde (melee) for this? Or do I have to get lucky and hope he doesn't move to a bad place during the ~25 second burn?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Any tips for Horde (melee) for this? Or do I have to get lucky and hope he doesn't move to a bad place during the ~25 second burn?
    Its all luck for Melee in hoping hes in a good spot for those 25 seconds, if not you're screwed. This is what most of my friends that are melee say anyway.

Just got this guy down as a ret pally. Levitate for the first 65%, when you enter the 35% phase I can confirm it comes down to pure luck that he isn't in a horrible spot where tons of discs go. I also managed to bug the middle discs to not spawn using my hoj at some point....

Brawlers Guild - Battletron

Have any rogues been able to beat Battletron since his HP got buffed? If so, what's your ilevel, spec, etc and do you have any tips? I've been hitting the enrage pretty constantly or not been able to keep up with the healing.

I have not i been trying all night, I have 490 Ilvl assasination and closest i got so far from 10 attempts is 1.1m then enrage I use flask feast, have mastery, and 5 % stat buff i don't have alll the buffs thou

Will try again tomorrow he is dam hard specially for assasin keeping heals and feint up energy just sucks lol

but none the all nice challenging fight

Deleted
    I like how your purgatory procced on every fight.. Extending enrage timers like a boss.

cept for levitate exploiting disruptron it wasnt bad. shame dks have so many advantages on these fights tho, diseases not counting as aoe for the first bit of zan'zha for example makes it quite much more trivial and saves you a fair few seconds, purgatory lasting as long as it does it also way overkill. nerf dks grats tho.

dks.. not impressive, was kinda hoping for some other classes like rogue, warrior and other rest.

Too bad you killed all of them with purgatory and didn't actually survive a single fight. Well done on Epicus Maximus and Zen'shar.

But your dps was terrible on Millhouse (killed during enrage with 494 gear, i killed it before enrage in 485 offspec gear) and the levitate on Disrupton imo means you havn't really beaten the encounter. I totally agree it's a stupid encounter as a melee, having lower uptime without the levitate but still.

None the less well done though, not many that have done the same yet.