Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it's not odd it's just stupid :P

On one hand i find it sad that some bosses are way to easy, but thats maybe just because i'm not lvl 8 yet since the worst encounter "mr. please wait" and my personal habbit of "I WANA KILL STUFF NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.... boring .. hmm how about mariokart till i'm in ... wee mariokart is fun weee .. oh shit i'm dead again :P"

edit lvl 7 1/4 now
    2nd dude is annoying .. ghost spawns in you .. bäm instant dead
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-12-20 at 11:31 AM.

Giving my input as 499 ilevel Windwalker Monk.... (Though I have tank tier helm, tank gem and tanking gloves on, as i'm MS tank!)

Only manged the eye boss so far, which wasn't too bad, I noticed a pattern after the first 2 attempts or so, so it didn't take very long.

Millhouse I always get bad crystals (and I have no real CDs for 100+ stacks) gg.

I hit the enrage for Epicus Maximus, 10% is my best attempt so far - could probably do it with full raid buffs, but it'd be very tight.

Disruptron seemed doable, though I haven't quite hit 30% yet, as I get him far less than millhouse, though the sub 30% zerg seems to be the real challenge.
    Fists of Fury is up for pretty much every stun that he casts, but requiring 3 chi, aiming and becoming immobile for a second is risky. The aoe stun 45s CD is nice for when you're in trouble but, obviously isn't up all the time when you need it.

I might post some, somewhat helpful videos for the remaining 3 bosses, of what to expect... Though I think I need more gear before I can do the rest.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Any hunter managed to down Epicus?

I mean, my pet dies almost instantly, removing my Spirit Mend and of course good chunk of dps. Is it possible to somehow prevent this?

Deleted
    also got lock in my guild with 4/4 he was also realm first so its doable

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Any hunter managed to down Epicus?

I mean, my pet dies almost instantly, removing my Spirit Mend and of course good chunk of dps. Is it possible to somehow prevent this?
    I just put my pet on passive in the corner until he cast his first beam, then I brought my pet in. Didn't have a problem after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post

Disruptron seemed doable, though I haven't quite hit 30% yet, as I get him far less than millhouse, though the sub 30% zerg seems to be the real challenge.
    Fists of Fury is up for pretty much every stun that he casts, but requiring 3 chi, aiming and becoming immobile for a second is risky. The aoe stun 45s CD is nice for when you're in trouble but, obviously isn't up all the time when you need it.
    Paralysis works on him as well.

Best I've done is 15% which was only because the middle turret didn't turn on for the 35% soft enrage, it's 100% possible to kill, but it's so goddamn hard for melee I doubt I'll do it this tier.

Deleted
    Has anybody tried to reach rank7 on an alt and see if you can get another invite, or is it only possible on 1 character?

Deleted
    Yes you can enter Brawler's Guild with any character, reach rank 7 and give invites to friends. Thats how you can invite more people to the "club"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Yes you can enter Brawler's Guild with any character, reach rank 7 and give invites to friends. Thats how you can invite more people to the "club"
    I reached rank7 with my main, but if I were to do it on my alt, will I get an additional Brawler's Pass? That is what I ment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophos View Post
    I reached rank7 with my main, but if I were to do it on my alt, will I get an additional Brawler's Pass? That is what I ment.
    Yes. (10char)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Giving my input as 499 ilevel Windwalker Monk.... (Though I have tank tier helm, tank gem and tanking gloves on, as i'm MS tank!)

Only manged the eye boss so far, which wasn't too bad, I noticed a pattern after the first 2 attempts or so, so it didn't take very long.

Millhouse I always get bad crystals (and I have no real CDs for 100+ stacks) gg.

I hit the enrage for Epicus Maximus, 10% is my best attempt so far - could probably do it with full raid buffs, but it'd be very tight.

I might post some, somewhat helpful videos for the remaining 3 bosses, of what to expect... Though I think I need more gear before I can do the rest.
    I'm MS Brewmaster OS Windwalker as well. Got to rank 8 easily, but I haven't been able to get any rank 8 bosses down. 495ilevel.

Pretty sure the eyeball guy is doable, just need to survive long enough. I might have to try getting full buffs for rank 8 attempts in the future.

Gotten Millhouse, Epicus and the Eye boss down so far.

Eye boss went down after a couple of tries, then I had a couple of wipes below 5% on both Millhouse and Epicus until I finally got them down, managed to get Disruptron to 20% but when all cannons including the middle one is activated there's just no way, I have to keep up my dps while avoiding all that crap.

Have any melee ever killed Disruptron without levitate? Im working on him now, hes the last fight I got (as WW monk), and I just can't seem to dodge well enough while keeping up damage. I really do not want to use levitate, I think its really cheap. Just want to know if any other melee have done the same and succeeded so I can feel better about going on :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Beat all the bosses as a 487 Enhance shaman. Was a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got in, rank 2 on my WW monk.

Spent a solid hour watching the fights, entertainment at its finest. I hope they add more bosses and ranks later on.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Finally decided to give Brawlers guild a try on my mage (498, arcane) last week since invites are now 1k and won't go cheaper.

Was pretty fun but kinda short. I beat it all within ~3 hrs (only one other person was there brawling that night so I had zero wait time). The downside to that was that I didn't have any buffs (used flask and 250 foods). I think a ~485 with full buffs could do it rather easily too. Lower is probably almost impossible (for a mage).

I used the icy veins guide so I didn't go in completely blind.

The only fights where I didn't ignore mechanics and just zerg were:

GG Engineering:
    Double glyphed Iceblock + Stand in crap. Not hard.

Battletron:
    Realized after 3 attempts that I can pretty much stand on him and only move every 2-3 casts. That made the whole difference as arcane. This was the only fight where I didn't use rune of power since the self healing just wasn't enough.

Manastorm:
    Well technically I did only zerg this one. Lust + Arcane power @100 pretty much. Was a 1 shot I think. Battletron was much harder (imo).

Epicus:
    I remembered a video of a boomkin using opposite corners to outrange his mechanics while he is stationary.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haHMun0FFYA)

So it pretty much went like: Corner. -> Wait for laser. -> Blink (glyphed) + run to opposite corner.

I wiped 2 or 3 times to enrage until I realized that the discs are also outranged and thus don't have to be avoided while he is very far away. That way I could minimize my movement and reach the required dps rather easily.

Disruptron:

Levitate (friend of mine brought his priest) + safe spot => 1 shot.
    I do realize that this was pretty much 'cheating' but then again I didn't want to go through the trouble of going frost for mobility (inc. regem + reforge). Plus I probably would have needed at least 50+ attempts and a full row of buffs. Not worth it.

Zan'Shar:

This was probably the hardest fight for me due to impaired movement (arcane after all) and no idea about where to stand. After a few (~10) attempts I found a safe spot for the warding eyes in the corner of the arena (horde). Moved in and out of that spot to avoid glares and he was dead within 2 attempts. (One was a fuckup with mirror images .)

Summary:
    I can definately see why shamans, locks and (to some extend) hunters are dominating brawlers guild right now.
    Ranged + pets + full dps while on the move = strong.

It's definately doable for mages tho if you don't mind using some shady tactics.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-01-30 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Have any melee ever killed Disruptron without levitate? Im working on him now, hes the last fight I got (as WW monk), and I just can't seem to dodge well enough while keeping up damage. I really do not want to use levitate, I think its really cheap. Just want to know if any other melee have done the same and succeeded so I can feel better about going on :P
    Yes I have. Hardest PVE *avoid this and this and this and this* mechanic i've ever done.

@gend: what 90 talent did you choose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raqi View Post
    @gend: what 90 talent did you choose?
    As I stated above. Rune of Power for basically everything but Battletron.

Finally finished off Disruptron as a rogue (502 ilvl) without levitate exploit. It took me ~342 Wipes for me to collect his head. As a rogue I'd advice you to go assassination due to Killing Spree not working on the encounter. You should save your cooldowns until he's at 30ish %, then Kidney him and just pop everything incl. 2nd pot. I had around 80k dps when the insane-phase started at 30%, then upped my dps to roughly 110k by the time he was dead. Cheat Death never procced.

This was definitely the most difficult thing I've ever faced in this game and also the most fun. Was absolutely worth the time, and I hope Blizz adds more challenges in the future!

Can't upload screenshot due to not having posted enough on this site to be allowed to do so If you don't trust me check armory: Shanktified.

Good luck to all of you melee's who are struggling!