1. #1

    Does it worth farming gear to play disc/holy pvp?

    hi there fellow priests, i dinged 90 with my priest recently (leveled up a monk but they got hitted hard by the nerfstick). I've been always playing shadow because i always enjoyed it, and i still do but actually, i also loved disc back in wotlk (i dont play since there). I know that disc and holy are kinda underpowered atm but how much it is? do we oom fast, not enough heal capacity, not enough cc?

    Im going to play with a great friend of mine which is feral druid and back in wotlk it was an amazing comp to play. I dont underestimate shadow-feral, its insanely strong too! cool offheals, shields, lots of utility and cc, insane burst damage and offensive/defensive dispel, even the druid gets dispersion. But what about disc, does it even worth getting gear to play it or i will just get dissapointed? same goes to holy, what do you think?

    any kind of answer is really welcome!
    Last edited by bkw; 2012-12-05 at 07:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Disc are not underpowered, in fact they are pretty good, but I prefer pvping as shadow, at least in 2v2... Anyway if you would like to play as discipline you should farm right now, I love AV call to arms to gear any alt/offspec.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Disc are not underpowered, in fact they are pretty good, but I prefer pvping as shadow, at least in 2v2... Anyway if you would like to play as discipline you should farm right now, I love AV call to arms to gear any alt/offspec.
    I like to play both but i always keen on healers, its like i understand more the arena and basically, enjoy it more. Why do you like AV call to arms? i felt like lost in that BG

  4. #4
    Google: 385091-holy-priest-arena-pvp-guide-mop

  5. #5
    At the moment, I would say no. Obviously there are outliers that can make it work but what success they have comes with a huge amount of frustration. At the moment Disc is just a gimped spec for 3v3's, which is what the arena scene is balanced around.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniRaden View Post
    Google: 385091-holy-priest-arena-pvp-guide-mop
    actually that guide made it sound kinda cool... i think i will farm both gears, shadow and holy/disc and try both specs out, this character will be pvp-only. Anyways, i would like to gear someone else experience with it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bkw View Post
    I like to play both but i always keen on healers, its like i understand more the arena and basically, enjoy it more. Why do you like AV call to arms? i felt like lost in that BG
    I like it because the amount of honor/hour you can get is insane, even now when horde SUCKS at AV, you can easily grind a full honor set while playing moderately...

  8. #8
    bumping.

    HOLY heals for rbg is INSANE, i have never had to much fun healing since my i had my drood. insane team support with instant heals, perma jumping poms and you-wont-die button. loved it and im farming gear for it now that i have finished my shadow gear ^^

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bkw View Post
    bumping.

    HOLY heals for rbg is INSANE, i have never had to much fun healing since my i had my drood. insane team support with instant heals, perma jumping poms and you-wont-die button. loved it and im farming gear for it now that i have finished my shadow gear ^^
    Which chakra do you usually stay in for bgs as holy?

  10. #10
    Serenity all the way. Mostly, they will do damage to a focused target so single target heals will do the job.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Rec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    699
    Disc might be, I haven't tried it since the buff.

    I can tell you that holy is complete trash, and you'd be a fool for trying it in PvP. It was actually playable last xpac, but it's by far the worst healing spec now. Mana issues, tanking issues, Lightwell keeps you in combat now, etc.

  12. #12
    No to either. Holy is fine for random bgs but it's way too easy to train down for organized PvP. Disc is at least viable, but most of the toys that made it desirable for PvP in the past are either gone or nerfed in to the ground.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •