1. #1

    [5.2][Resto]Why no news on a Resto buff? Ideas here please...

    Hi Everyone,
    Now that Blizzard have addressed Monks a bit, and Priests have got a severe buffing, do you thinks its about time we got some news about the Resto side of things? We all know (and Bliz included) were a bit low on the output side and were crying out for some form of AOE heal that does a bit to everyone (Mushrooms in 25 are good mana wise and the heal is so so, but the mechanic needs a change, see idea 1).

    I started raiding back in ICC and there was a nice balance to the game, all of the classes could do about the same if played properly, but the difference now is quite a lot in some cases, which I dont feel is acceptable. We all know this game relies on a lot of mathematics, so with all the money we pay doesn't anyone else feel its a bit of a cop out when they could look at the stats for 5 mins, and buff Efflo by 5% and try it out in the PTR. Then if its not enough buff more, I dont see the point in all the delays, I think Blizzard's customers would rather them release hotfixes more regularly, changing certain spells to find a balance across the board.

    Idea 1. Anyway I think mushrooms should be this.... 'Place the "Bigger Single" mushroom on the ground (1 cooldown) Crits of certain spells fill up the Mushroom (Percentages to reflect the cooldown possibly), Mushroom blows when it reaches a certain point (Could be low healz but more often). Range of about 40 would be nice imho.

    Any ideas from you lot would be great, cos at least we can feel were trying to come up with some viable ideas, unlike some individuals.

    Good Day.

    Jim.

  2. #2
    that would be pretty unique, a "charge up a object that pops to heal" maybe work with rejuv, like a % of rejuv fills the shroom up

    so like during heavy aoe phases more rejuvs are out = faster charge and burst time for aoe.

    i like this. someone make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  3. #3
    Not a terrible idea, but I don't think having it rely on crits would work well. Also, losing control of the detonate would be bad in most circumstances.

    I would prefer 3 mushrooms to be placed in a triangle a few yards apart in a single application. Detonate to work as it currently does but they need a larger radius heal.

    Also Efflo needs to work slightly differently. It needs to work more efficiently when targets are spread out.

  4. #4
    Wild mushroom planting/exploding should be off the global cooldown, that is the first thing that needs to change. I think parts of it are, I'm not quite sure how that exactly works I just know I have to wait to place until my GCD is off for the first one. The heal to me feels super weak. I barely ever use them which I suppose is the point.

    Anyway, my problem with tying anything into the mushroom mechanic is that people never stay still on them. You can't pre-place in a LFR because people always move away from them. In certain encounters in normal modes I know where people will be because I am the raid leader and tell people where to go but it's still a horribly clunky mechanic. I'd hate to have them tie my big AoE heals into it. Especially one I can't control.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Wild mushroom planting/exploding should be off the global cooldown, that is the first thing that needs to change. I think parts of it are, I'm not quite sure how that exactly works I just know I have to wait to place until my GCD is off for the first one. The heal to me feels super weak. I barely ever use them which I suppose is the point.

    Anyway, my problem with tying anything into the mushroom mechanic is that people never stay still on them. You can't pre-place in a LFR because people always move away from them. In certain encounters in normal modes I know where people will be because I am the raid leader and tell people where to go but it's still a horribly clunky mechanic. I'd hate to have them tie my big AoE heals into it. Especially one I can't control.
    I been using Shrooms on CD with SM--->WG in light phases. I haven't had an issue with my Druid as far as hps wise goes.

  6. #6
    Maybe have them sorta work like a heal stream totem be like a small constant heal ticking when out and have them heal for a large amount when you explode them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    I been using Shrooms on CD with SM--->WG in light phases. I haven't had an issue with my Druid as far as hps wise goes.
    I use them during stack phases on Feng and that's about it. We've only done the first 4 in MV and 1 in HoF. I also go balance during 3/4 of MoV so out of the 3 fights I heal I only use it during 1 and I probably could even do it without. They just don't heal enough to be useful. I just use them when I'm bored.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I use them during stack phases on Feng and that's about it. We've only done the first 4 in MV and 1 in HoF. I also go balance during 3/4 of MoV so out of the 3 fights I heal I only use it during 1 and I probably could even do it without. They just don't heal enough to be useful. I just use them when I'm bored.
    I do wish they would buff them, its a fun spell to use. You can honestly get by not doing anything but one rejuv instead but its good to have something going on even if its tossing shrooms down.


    SM---->WG and Rejuv does most of my heals tho. Most fights around 50-70k depending on whats going down.

  9. #9
    Taken from Twitter:

    Greg Street
    ‏@Ghostcrawler
    Monks were overpowered and were nerfed in 5.1. We think druids are fine.
    We're probably not gonna see a buff anytime soon.
    Ashr

  10. #10
    Honestly the mushrooms are nice, it does heal the entire raid and in an LFR it's neat to see all the green. That being said I don't think I've ever seen them heal more than 10k in total per person. I think it's like 3k heal per mushroom? So wow..10k against 450k for a terribly clunky mechanic. Awesome. If they were easier to use (1 mushroom?) maybe it'd be nice. Or if they healed more it'd be nice. But as it is, weak heal for a hard to use mechanic makes them totally worthless. Like I said, I only use them to see lots of green numbers or on certain things (draw flame on Feng).

  11. #11
    Well they thought resto druids were fine in 4.3, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a buff now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

    "I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

  12. #12
    Resto buffs? Is there really any need to tighten the already utter and total domination of healing specs in PvP? No? Thanks

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Resto buffs? Is there really any need to tighten the already utter and total domination of healing specs in PvP? No? Thanks
    Well the cool part about this is that mushroom is not very useful in PvP at all, so they could buff it and not really affect PvP play (certainly not arena, though it might be useful in a very coordinated rated BG group). Mushroom is meant for AoE healing, so it's really more of a PvE spell...

    If they did change mushroom, I'd like them to keep control of when it blooms with us (push a button), but I think the best way to buff it is to put down all 3 mushrooms at once (or only need to have 1 mushroom and make it heal for 3x one mushroom today). Using three GCDs to get a relatively small AoE heal that will probably miss half the raid anyway just seems like such a huge waste of time...

  14. #14
    Looks like Blizz liked the look of my idea. They seemed to have kept my idea of a big mushroom, nice one!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    that would be pretty unique, a "charge up a object that pops to heal" maybe work with rejuv, like a % of rejuv fills the shroom up

    so like during heavy aoe phases more rejuvs are out = faster charge and burst time for aoe.

    i like this. someone make it happen.
    When I saw this comment, I laughed. At first I thought he was trolling you (as if he had posted after the shroom buff on the PTR) but then I noticed the post date. This would have been an amazing comment if it were posted ironically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Jesus Christ? I could not follow his radical left-wing path. No, even if I did believe in a personal god, I would not have the guts, the extreme altruism and radical anti-capitalism necessary to call myself a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Hyperbole police! We have been alerted to several reports of some suburbian white guys complaining about racism. Ok I am going to give you a warning. You have 60 days to put on your big boy britches and stop being a whiny kid. Seriously. Time to grow up.

  16. #16
    Resto druids are not doing too well high-end PvE (note: this is not LFR). Numbers are okay, but it's not about numbers, it's about utility or specific niches, of which druids have and fill none. There's rarely a reason to bring a druid over any other healer. Our resto druid is so frustrated he's probably rerolling for next tier (though I hope he doesn't, he's an amazing druid). He's sitting out a lot in favor of our other healers, also on his own initiative.

    I definitely hope they're not looking for solutions in the shroom department. My druid has always been my favourite alt, but I really hate shrooms. :/

  17. #17
    Epic! fengosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Wild mushroom planting/exploding should be off the global cooldown, that is the first thing that needs to change. I think parts of it are, I'm not quite sure how that exactly works I just know I have to wait to place until my GCD is off for the first one. The heal to me feels super weak. I barely ever use them which I suppose is the point.
    o
    Anyway, my problem with tying anything into the mushroom mechanic is that people never stay still on them. You can't pre-place in a LFR because people always move away from them. In certain encounters in normal modes I know where people will be because I am the raid leader and tell people where to go but it's still a horribly clunky mechanic. I'd hate to have them tie my big AoE heals into it. Especially one I can't control.
    If planting shrooms was off the gcd it would just be part of our normal rotation. The opportunity cost of using a GCD is what separates shrooms from wg or efflo which are pretty much no brain use on CD abilities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •