Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    wow needs new ideas to avoid becoming stale too quickly

    dailies. and more dailies. thats 95% of your non-raid content, essentially. I dont hate dailies, but there isnt much variety in terms of gameplay. what if blizzard incorporated elements found in other games: like say, dynamic events in gw2, or events where you can coordinate with other players without a group.

    dailies have their place, but they are weak as far as content goes. when something is routine, it gets boring. it's the reason molten front gradually became a ghost town over time. and other daily areas before that.

    basically, I think blizzard needs to innovate a little bit, or borrow some ideas, if they want to keep things fresh/interesting. cause more dailies, is not the solution to people being bored.

  2. #2
    events where you can coordinate with other players without a group

    You just described dungeons, scenarios and raids.

    Also are you realizing that you claim that all of pvp, pet battle, exploring, achievement hunting, brawler's guild, leveling an alt is only 5% of the game content? Also I'm only doing shieldwall dailies on my main atm, and it takes max 30 mins to finish up on them.

    Also, cool story bro, we haven't heard this one before.

  3. #3
    I agree with you fully... and unfortunately more dailies are coming in 5.2.
    It doesn't look like we'll get rid of dailies anytime soon.

    I don't hope they ran out of creative ideas and now just are using dailies as an answer for everything.

  4. #4
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darkspear Isle
    Posts
    2,177
    We need more mini games, pet battles was the right step but they can improve. Someone had an idea yesterday about "mario kart" style racing. Blizzard could easily make something like this (remember that old raceway in thousand needles?) create another one of the raceways somewhere else, allow players to bet gold and upgrade their vehicle etc

  5. #5
    ive seen those events in guild wars 2 and their boring.

    dailies do what they set out to do they tell a story over time instead of through a short quest chain.

    mists has seen the biggest innovation to end game content in any other expansion and whether you believe it or not there are tons of people who actually enjoy the new dailies and i like how theyve added in new scenarios along with them to help further convey the story.

    at the end of the day this is wow. the biggest innovations this game has seen is harder modes, pet battles, queable group quests (scenarios), and the brawlers guild and all except pet battles were slight variations of the same content.

    if it hasnt gotten stale for over 8 years why the hell is it all of a sudden stale now?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I agree with you fully... and unfortunately more dailies are coming in 5.2.
    It doesn't look like we'll get rid of dailies anytime soon.

    I don't hope they ran out of creative ideas and now just are using dailies as an answer for everything.
    what game have you been playing? its been like this since the end of bc. every patch has brought either a daily hub, a dungeon, or a raid. in mists we also get scenarios thats the only difference

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:21 AM ----------

    can someone tell me since i took a break from wow in early wrath when the argent tournament was announced did the whiny portion of the playerbase go

    ER MEH GERD MERE DERIES WERLD ERF DERY CREFT @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  6. #6
    i would have liked a new dungeon or two this patch. not more dailies, but that's just me.

    even for all the shit the ZG/ZA remake patch got, at least it was two "new" instances to run for a while.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    i would have liked a new dungeon or two this patch. not more dailies, but that's just me.

    even for all the shit the ZG/ZA remake patch got, at least it was two "new" instances to run for a while.
    no they werent. there was more content in 5.1 then 4.1 anyone who says there wasnt is delusional
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    dailies. and more dailies. thats 95% of your non-raid content, essentially. I dont hate dailies, but there isnt much variety in terms of gameplay. what if blizzard incorporated elements found in other games: like say, dynamic events in gw2, or events where you can coordinate with other players without a group.

    dailies have their place, but they are weak as far as content goes. when something is routine, it gets boring. it's the reason molten front gradually became a ghost town over time. and other daily areas before that.

    basically, I think blizzard needs to innovate a little bit, or borrow some ideas, if they want to keep things fresh/interesting. cause more dailies, is not the solution to people being bored.
    blizzard did innovate by adding the extra roll tokens to the dailies. If I remember right every new tier your tokens are suppose to go bye bye..assuming blizzard will pay us out for them... but needless to say every tier EVERYBODY will be right back at those dailies if they want the extra roll. If not that is your choice to do so.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they werent. there was more content in 5.1 then 4.1 anyone who says there wasnt is delusional
    if there is one thing I like about the 5.1 daily area, it's that every couple days you get a "story" quest, which keeps things interesting.

    but overall, there should be other options for content if you arent raiding/pvping. it isnt that dailies are terrible, I dont mind them, but i'd like to see other ideas. brawlers guild is a good start (despite it being gated).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    blizzard did innovate by adding the extra roll tokens to the dailies. If I remember right every new tier your tokens are suppose to go bye bye..assuming blizzard will pay us out for them... but needless to say every tier EVERYBODY will be right back at those dailies if they want the extra roll. If not that is your choice to do so.
    it takes around 6 dailies a day to get the amount of tokens you need this is not a valid complaint.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    if there is one thing I like about the 5.1 daily area, it's that every couple days you get a "story" quest, which keeps things interesting.

    but overall, there should be other options for content if you arent raiding/pvping. it isnt that dailies are terrible, I dont mind them, but i'd like to see other ideas. brawlers guild is a good start (despite it being gated).
    there is other options. scenarios, pet battles, lfr, challenge modes, dungeons.

    wheras before there were dungeons and bgs and dailies. that was it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ER MEH GERD MERE DERIES WERLD ERF DERY CREFT @_@
    My poor head broke, reading this

    All in all there's more to do in this expansion than the others. Been hanging around in org, the past days to do brawlers guild, but now my gear can't keep up to the enrage-timer, so i had to go into lfr for the first time.
    That was just as horrible as i dreaded, and rng didn't like me.
    After that i tried some arena, and could have gone in bgs too if i wanted to. Didn't even get to take my daily instance for the bonus cap.
    Today there's raid, and next time we raid, some of us go in challenge before it.
    I'm not even doing scenarioes.
    The point of it is there's plenty of things to do, even if you completely refuse to do dailies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    i would have liked a new dungeon or two this patch. not more dailies, but that's just me.

    even for all the shit the ZG/ZA remake patch got, at least it was two "new" instances to run for a while.
    I liked them. Was nice to see people die in there if they noobed. ZA was more or less like the old, while they made ZG more up to date, from what i recall?
    Matter of taste, but i enjoyed them a lot, and really had hoped for some new instances in 5.1.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    My poor head broke, reading this

    All in all there's more to do in this expansion than the others. Been hanging around in org, the past days to do brawlers guild, but now my gear can't keep up to the enrage-timer, so i had to go into lfr for the first time.
    That was just as horrible as i dreaded, and rng didn't like me.
    After that i tried some arena, and could have gone in bgs too if i wanted to. Didn't even get to take my daily instance for the bonus cap.
    Today there's raid, and next time we raid, some of us go in challenge before it.
    I'm not even doing scenarioes.
    The point of it is there's plenty of things to do, even if you completely refuse to do dailies.



    I liked them. Was nice to see people die in there if they noobed. ZA was more or less like the old, while they made ZG more up to date, from what i recall?
    Matter of taste, but i enjoyed them a lot, and really had hoped for some new instances in 5.1.
    theres a possibility that the 5.2 raid is a troll raid, so who knows...zul'gurub 3.0 inc?

  13. #13
    *Raids
    *Normal Dungeons
    *Heroic Dungeons
    *Challange Mode Dungeons (have you tried these? thei're really fucking hard)
    *Looking for Raids
    *Sha of anger
    *Rarespawns
    *Dailies
    *Normal Battlegrounds
    *Rated Battlegrounds
    *Arena (2v2/3v3/5v5)
    *Pet Battles
    *Mount hunting
    *General achivement hunting

    As a worn out cataclysm quitter, comming back in mists... I play too much every day cuz there's just so much I want to do but don't have time for.

    I think the fact might be that you're the problem, not the game. Personally I think my break from WoW just made me appreciate the game even more.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Om1 View Post
    *Raids
    *Normal Dungeons
    *Heroic Dungeons
    *Challange Mode Dungeons (have you tried these? thei're really fucking hard)
    *Looking for Raids
    *Sha of anger
    *Rarespawns
    *Dailies
    *Normal Battlegrounds
    *Rated Battlegrounds
    *Arena (2v2/3v3/5v5)
    *Pet Battles
    *Mount hunting
    *General achivement hunting

    As a worn out cataclysm quitter, comming back in mists... I play too much every day cuz there's just so much I want to do but don't have time for.

    I think the fact might be that you're the problem, not the game. Personally I think my break from WoW just made me appreciate the game even more.
    I took a lot of breaks from wow too during my years in WoW. And quitting and coming back does indeed work!
    But it wont work forever. I just can no longer play this game

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I took a lot of breaks from wow too during my years in WoW. And quitting and coming back does indeed work!
    But it wont work forever. I just can no longer play this game
    tbh the only reason i play wow anymore is because i love the story and my friends play it. i cant imagine what its like to play wow for the gameplay if youve been playing since vanilla
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    dailies. and more dailies. thats 95% of your non-raid content, essentially. I dont hate dailies, but there isnt much variety in terms of gameplay. what if blizzard incorporated elements found in other games: like say, dynamic events in gw2, or events where you can coordinate with other players without a group.

    dailies have their place, but they are weak as far as content goes. when something is routine, it gets boring. it's the reason molten front gradually became a ghost town over time. and other daily areas before that.

    basically, I think blizzard needs to innovate a little bit, or borrow some ideas, if they want to keep things fresh/interesting. cause more dailies, is not the solution to people being bored.
    Dailies are no where near 95% of non raid content. You have normal/heroic dungeons, LFR(most people do not consider this raid content), Scenarios, Challenge Mode dungeons, Battlegrounds, Rated battlegrounds, Arena, crafting, Brawlers Guild, fishing, farming, playing the AH, relic hunting, Rare hunting. pet battles. There are more things to do in this game besides raiding and dailies. Just because you do not see that or do not want to participate in those other activities you can not say there is nothing else to do besides dailies.

    Don't get me started on "dynamic events". They are not dynamic at all. Its the same shit as dailies just it involves as many people at once. I can tell you how many times the same farmer need the exact same help watering his crops, feeding his cows, killing the worms, and then removing the bandits happened. Easily 4 times a session when I was leveling up. It is pretty much a group daily that happens more than once a day and its the same thing. Sure its a different scenario in different locations but the premise is the same. Same goes for the rifts in Rift.

    There are so many things to do in MoP its silly. Not every thing is for every one but regardless, this expansion has more than enough to keep one busy.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ER MEH GERD MERE DERIES WERLD ERF DERY CREFT @_@
    No they didn't. They dailies complaints started with the Firelands hub in Hyjal. People complained that if they didn't keep up every day they felt like they fell behind and that it took too long to get the FL raid quality rewards. Like two weeks or so was too much work for a couple of raid items and patterns. It usually takes that long normally anyways.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Just look at the latest click vs keybind thread for an example why WoW or any MMO doesn't evolve.

    When folks get comfortable in a certain way they expect it to be the status quo. They'll measure everything around it in the process (this is how raiding is perceived as THE reason to play). If you change the status quo the dinosaurs turn into apes, ever rigid to protect their species. They would even try to exterminate progress if it changes their comfort zone. If it burns down the forest around them, they don't care.

    So innovation, especially in MMOs, is what can be changed without polarizing the community. One look at LFR is an example of innovation meeting status quo face on and the problems of innovation in this genre. It's nasty (even though so beneficial for the masses).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tbh the only reason i play wow anymore is because i love the story and my friends play it. i cant imagine what its like to play wow for the gameplay if youve been playing since vanilla
    I read this a lot: I only play because my friends play it.
    And to be honest, I just don't believe this. I think you just play it because you like the game and/or are addicted to it.
    it is quite ridiculous to say:
    1. I pay sub
    2. I play wow while I could be other things
    just because my friends play it.

    What comes to my mind:
    1. Do you have friends who don't play wow?
    2. can't you do other stuff, which you enjoy, with those friends?

  19. #19
    The only way for blizzard to avoid Wow becoming stale is releasing Wow2. The game is getting too bloated as it is.

  20. #20
    Put in Disney Characters and Spiderman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •