Where to start? (beginner)

So, started LoL a bit ago on a test account, and pretty much quit immediatly because of the constant "OMG noob get cancer and die" in games. I only did the games reccomended for me by the game, and somehow I got those kind of people.

I am to stubborn to quit now and actually want to get further in the game, but first get some general idea. I know the basic terms and such, but where can I learn more about the intricate details of the game, to not completely ruin my team's chances of winning :P

read guides on mobafire.com, and play with 4 friends if you can. start with easy champions like master yi at start untill you learn the basics of the game with last hitting.

when you feel you got the basics, you can move on to some "harder" champs, perhaps learn jungle (i recommend training your jungle route against bots the first few times to you know the fastes way around the camps), or support a friend who plays AD carry.

Play and learn, that works best most of the time. Everyone starts at low level, because they need to learn the game (or just wanted a new account).

Else you can checkout youtube vids, just search something like "Learn the Legue".

Good luck.
    The Herald of Horror - Act 2 intro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwjNGSsHVM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    read guides on mobafire.com, and play with 4 friends if you can. start with easy champions like master yi at start untill you learn the basics of the game with last hitting.

when you feel you got the basics, you can move on to some "harder" champs, perhaps learn jungle (i recommend training your jungle route against bots the first few times to you know the fastes way around the camps), or support a friend who plays AD carry.
    Or don't read guides on mobafire and read guides on Lolpro or solomid.net

And remember they're guides, not the holy bible.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to play a new champ always try him out in bot games. If you play mostly solo, try to find at least one champion per role. Always try to pick the champion that is the most useful for your team.