Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Haste Rating to energy per second conversion

Does anyone have a formula or place I can look up where I can find out exactly what haste rating I need to produce a specific energy per second?

This is for both Brewmaster and Windwalker, using Ascension.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

15+ Year Old Account
    425 haste rating = 1% haste
    Energy regen = 10 * (1 + haste%/100)
    Energy regen w/ Ascension = 10 * (1 + haste%/100) * 1.15 (or maybe 10 * (1 + haste%/100 + .15)... just see which reflects your in game values)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Ox Stance gives a 10% buff to energy regen which you wont have in Windwalker.

I have 14.51 ER with 6748 Haste + Ascension + Ox.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great, thanks! Very much appreciated!!! I'm trying to test some specific energy per second numbers and wasn't quite sure how to go about getting those.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Don't forget Ox Stance gives a 10% buff to energy regen which you wont have in Windwalker.

Yeah, I'll have to account for the 10% gain from Ox. Thanks

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Did you mean, 6248 haste? Because if my math is correct, 6748 haste will give you 14.66 ER.

Again, if my math is correct, it looks like these haste ratings + Ascension + Ox stance will provide the energy regen listed below:

4536 haste rating = 14.00 Energy per second

5376 haste rating = 14.25 Energy per second

6216 haste rating = 14.50 Energy per second

7056 haste rating = 14.75 Energy per second

7896 haste rating = 15.00 Energy per second

Just a quick reference for anyone who might be interested in reaching certain caps.
    Last edited by Ragethorn; 2012-12-11 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    Did you mean, 6248 haste? Because if my math is correct, 6748 haste will give you 14.66 ER.
    Yeah that is correct, sure a 7 and 2 are easy to get badkward on the tool tip haha. Also if haste+ascension is being considered and you want to look at it another way you need 0.66 more EpS to generate an extra Chi that minute.

At 6216 you are generating 14 Chi for 300 energy from KS + 14 Chi for 560 energy (I rounded some things down to account for lag/human error/watching TV/on your 6th beer, ect). Since you only need a max of 24 Chi / min to keep up buffs (not accounting for tank swaps improving this) that is a pretty good budget.

Then you have to look and realize it takes 2217 more haste to generate one more Chi/min and you'll have to ask yourself if that is worth the extra crit/mastery/expertise? To answer my own question I don't think so in most cases as I only really "need" the extra Chi in that 1st minute of the fight as later you have had a chance to build up a nice lead in your buffs or pool Chi+Energy.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha understand that, I just wanted to make sure my math was solid.

I did find that the 425 haste rating gives .13 eps and 840 haste rating gives the .25 eps difference in the above list.

The only time I would probably feel more comfortable with more than 14 eps would be on fights like Windlord. But since my bear co-tank tanks that and I dps, that's one less fight I have to worry about reforging for.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I would probably feel more comfortable with more than 14 eps would be on fights like Windlord. But since my bear co-tank tanks that and I dps, that's one less fight I have to worry about reforging for.
    That is actually the fight I keep the 14.50 for specifically as the first part is pretty intense, helps on others but I "let" our DK pull on the tank swap fights so I can build up some buff lead time.

Surprised you don't tank that fight too as our DPS and HPS is pretty sick on it.
    [/URL]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would but my bear co-tank supposedly can't dps and when I switch to dps, I always top the charts. I would prefer to tank, but I don't get an option.

I would but my bear co-tank supposedly can't dps and when I switch to dps, I always top the charts. I would prefer to tank, but I don't get an option.
    I have the same problem with my DK co-tank, even tho I am better geared them him. One advantage is my tank gear is almost perfect for dps (would prefer a little more haste for dps because I lose the ox energy regen when dps) and allows me to only have to get one set of gear and still hit 1 or 2 on dps for our raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a unique problem of being the only class that can basically gear, forge, enchant, and gem a dual tank and DPS set, but outside of a few classes (like DK's) I find it hard to give up the tank dmg unless the DPS I would bring would be MUCH over my normal BrM. Still ranked on Zor'lock at like 63k DPS(e).

Just play stupid about WW that is what I do. "What is rye seen son kick do again?" Actually I agreed to swap weeks with our DK just to be fair so better get my stuff set up before HoF comes up this week =P
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    So, from reading this, if I want the little bit of leeway of being a real-world player and not a computer with perfect reflexes, 6216 Haste then going into Crit > Mastery would give me nice energy intake to chi conversion, whilst at the same time then increasing my EB and possibly improving base Stagger some more, correct?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you're not doing heroics yet, I would avoid mastery as much as possible. If 6216 haste rating feels comfortable to you, then start working on your crit past that. At 30 to 35% crit, the stacks of elusive brew come flowing in.

***I should clarify heroics. I mean heroic raids, not 5 man dungeons.***

10+ Year Old Account
    6216 Haste is more my personal opinion than any "gold standard" level of BrM haste. 14.50 energy is enough for me to keep up buffs/PB/Chi Wave to a degree I'm happy with on most tank swaps + manage through the more intense phases of other fights without coming up short (like Wind Lord solo or Empress). You should never be capping energy as a BrM even at higher levels of haste.

Also realize that with Ascension it would take 2217 haste rating to generate +1 Chi/min over your current level, so I find 14.50 -> everything else Crit offers a higher payoff than pushing up to 15.17 ER. If more Chi is needed you are better off swapping to Power Strikes as it takes ~ 9000 Haste+Expertise Hard Cap+Ascension to become superior to that talent in Chi.

Ascension has become popular as it's the best way to trade in Chi generation for Crit/Mastery. If that isn't your goal it may not even be a good choice at all (especially with the improvement to how the ICD behaves).

* Side note: I originally came up with 14.50 haste by just reforging Haste/Mastery -> Crit and leaving my gems alone cause I was too lazy to mess with it before raid. Turned out I was happy with it so just ran with it ever since.
    [/URL]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also if haste+ascension is being considered and you want to look at it another way you need 0.66 more EpS to generate an extra Chi that minute.
    Riki, if you are using Power Strikes, not Ascension, what is the energy per second requirement to produce a single chi per minute? Or is it as simple as subtracting 15% from 0.66?

10+ Year Old Account
    Riki, if you are using Power Strikes, not Ascension, what is the energy per second requirement to produce a single chi per minute? Or is it as simple as subtracting 15% from 0.66?
    +0.66 Energy generates an extra 40 energy per minute = +1 Jab per minute. Can't look at it like you are trying to have to address how much rating of haste it takes to get +0.66 Energy.

WITH Ascension you need 2217 rating to reach those break points (if I did that math right) so without it you'd need 15% more rating so 2608 per extra Chi w/ Power Strikes
    [/URL]