Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

BrM with a Side of AskMrRobot

I usually use askmrrobot for my reforges and gems, but since 5.1 released, its now telling me to go full stamina, gems, enchants etc. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone else is experiencing this? I mean why the sudden change. As far as I am aware I should still be going for haste right?

Please keep the comments about me being a baddie for using askmrrobot to yourself. Thanks. =)

Deleted
    I noticed that too. I'm having to edit the stat weights and put stamina back to 0 so it prioritzes the other stats instead. I don't feel I need any stamina. Granted I've not done anything on hc yet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the stat weights. I would stay away from AMR for now. Try wowreforge instead.

Check the Brewmaster thread, stickied at the top of this forum (we've been discussing this issue there). Yeah, Ask Mr. Robot is crap atm, use something else.

And yes, you should be going haste > crit > mastery (with hit/exp in there somewhere depending on how highly you value it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch to the WW stat weights, those work fine for me. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormrage/rikimu
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Or use wowreforge.com (aka reforgelite deluxe).

Yeah this really confused me.

Is it worth it to get a little stam though? I got the Niuzao relic and enchant a bit for stam while still gemming/gearing for haste > crit > mastery. It gets my stam a lot closer to the other tank in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post
    Is it worth it to get a little stam though? I got the Niuzao relic and enchant a bit for stam while still gemming/gearing for haste > crit > mastery. It gets my stam a lot closer to the other tank in the raid.
    Depends on content + gear level. Outside of initially using the stam/armor meta (using agil/crit now) I never put on the stam trinkets in my bags. This is for normal mode but includes Empress and Sha (at i488). EB almost completely negates Thrash so I didn't feel the need for more HP.

For heroics check out the BrM sticky there is a discussion about gearing for those going on currently.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Anotherhuntard - I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. The good news: you're not crazy We edited the stat weights on all tanks to weight stamina higher. This was based on some research and a bunch of feedback, and we applied it to all tank classes. We research all of the specs very thoroughly, as we play nearly every class in game.

The bad news: Monks are our least researched class I've been trying to spend more time reading up on them on the stickied guides, following the forums, etc, so that we can improve the default stat weights.

That being said, you can edit the stat weights. We made the site flexible enough for people to customize it, so you can get the results you want
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    That being said, you can edit the stat weights. We made the site flexible enough for people to customize it, so you can get the results you want
    The WW stat weights are closest to being "right" for your average BrM. I pretty much look at the results of both and flip to the one closest to what I was expecting. On top of the standard stat weights BrM's are going to be looking for the following now as of 5.1 (though some of these existed before).

1) Expertise "soft" 7.5% vs 15% caps. This can be done by tweaking the ratings but it's tricky and can detract from gemming choices. I've had some success w/ the Force Soft Cap option but it can be quirky.
    2) Ability to set Haste caps. Some run Ascension+~4500 Haste, I run Asc+~6200, and the mathematical point where Ascension is > Chi than Power Strikes is !9k-9800+ (depending on Expertise). This is turning into very much a personal choice from my observations.
    3) Stam/Mastery can probably be gained by adjusting the stat weights manually as these are mostly Heroic tier raiders. For the "average" BrM the WW style Agil>Haste>Crit>Master style is best with the options from # 1 & 2 varying per player.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    3) Stam/Mastery can probably be gained by adjusting the stat weights manually as these are mostly Heroic tier raiders. For the "average" BrM the WW style Agil>Haste>Crit>Master style is best with the options from # 1 & 2 varying per player.
    Even in heroic content, unless you're in the top 1% of raiders and going in pretty undergeared, gemming and enchanting full stamina for the most part is a waste, and even when it can be useful, it's still debatable, as the conversation for the last couple of days has shown.

The "average" stat priority is relevant to anyone who actually would read a guide. That top 1% does their own theorycrafting and gets their numbers on their own.

I really like MrRobot though...easy to understand and see. how can I add a cap/goal for stam though? I don't mind if it's weighted heavily but I'd like to get me to let's say 550k stam and then do the haste > crit> mastery.

I really like MrRobot though...easy to understand and see. how can I add a cap/goal for stam though? I don't mind if it's weighted heavily but I'd like to get me to let's say 550k stam and then do the haste > crit> mastery.
    Even fully buffed I'm not at 550k health and I'm pushing a good bit into Heroic content. You don't need that much health.

how much health do you have fully buffed? i was thinking 550k fully buffed

how much health do you have fully buffed? i was thinking 550k fully buffed
    I believe roughly 509k, and I haven't really had problems so far.

In order for me to get to 550k fully buffed health, I'd need over 2000 stamina. That's not going to come easy unless I sacrifice way too much of other stats that actually help prevent damage.

All of this has been pretty insightful, thanks for clearing this issue up for me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A nice little feature that I found on wowreforge. None of the sites I've seen support the valor/justice upgraded items yet. However, on wowreforge, you can adjust the stats on your gear, so the reforge suggestions are spot on.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Caeth, you should be able to put a stamina hard cap in for tanks - it looks like we bugged it for BrM's in a recent update. If you look at a blood DK for example, click 'edit stat weights.' Do you see the box to add a hard cap? That's what it will look like when we fix it for BrM. Sorry about that!

Ragethorn: Mr. Robot lets you upgrade your items now If you click on an item in your list, it opens the gear selection. At the top, you can click the up arrow to upgrade your gear. Here's some more info.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Also, dual-wield, for both WW and BrM it suggests Str weapons for a good chunk of the BiS weapons. Even if I go in and change the weight of Str to 0. WTF!?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Caeth, you should be able to put a stamina hard cap in for tanks - it looks like we bugged it for BrM's in a recent update. If you look at a blood DK for example, click 'edit stat weights.' Do you see the box to add a hard cap? That's what it will look like when we fix it for BrM. Sorry about that!

Ragethorn: Mr. Robot lets you upgrade your items now If you click on an item in your list, it opens the gear selection. At the top, you can click the up arrow to upgrade your gear. Here's some more info.
    Does AMR support taking a stat to a defined rating, then switching to the next stat priority?
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.