Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    it may seem obvious..but on that same tier as diffuse magic(monk ams) is a talent that reduces next 3 hits that take more than...i think 30% of your health, reduces em by half.

this is AMAZING for the second / if fort brew isn't up, or if other tank fails at taunt for third.
    glyph fort brew is okay... ofc things like powerguard. make sure shuffle is up from blackoutkick ofc for more staggered damage
    and hold finger on your purifying brew.
    i go between diffuse and that talent very often, to tired to think of its name but half damage from assault on a cd low enough for you to use it each second hit is lovely.

...this thread is about ask mr robot...not bladelord... it started on another page guess i'd read some of it earlier...and was to tired to notice...
    anyway, heading to bed everyone 1:35 am and i've been up since 3pm 2 days ago now(since it's after midnight)...
    Last edited by Christan; 2012-12-18 at 07:36 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Mind showing the maths?

Also, the GCD is one second.
    Assuming that you can perfectly use Power Strikes and that every time you use an ability to generate Chi it generates it, during a 2 minute window to keep shuffle uptime at 100% and using guard every cooldown you need;

40 Chi for Blackout Kick (6 second duration, 2 Chi per use, 20 uses in 2 minutes)
    8 Chi for guard (30 second cooldown, 2 Chi per use, 4 uses in 2 minutes)

To keep these buffs active you need to generate 48 Chi in 2 minutes.
    15 Keg Smashes (8 second cooldown) = 30 Chi = 600 Energy
    You now need 18 Jabs = 18 Chi = 720 Energy
    = 1320 Energy
    Converting this into energy per second (/120) = 11 Energy per second (base energy regeneration)

At 10% haste (4250 rating) in Ox Stance (11 Energy per second * 1.1 = 12.1) with Power Strikes you generate 1452 Energy in 2 minutes.

15 Keg Smashes = 30 Chi = 600 Energy
    Now you have 852 Energy for Jabs. Each Jab costs 40 Energy so you get (852/40) = 21.3 Jabs = 21.3 Chi

During 2 minutes of perfect play you generate 6 additional Chi from Power Strikes giving you a total Chi generation of = 30 + 21.3 + 6 = 57.3 Chi

Because you need 48 Chi during the 2 minutes to keep up Shuffle and Guard, you have an excess Chi of 9.3 which you can use on Purifying Brew and Chi Wave/Burst Zen Sphere or more Blackout Kicks

With 15% haste (6375 rating) in Ox Stance (11 Energy per second * 1.15 = 12.65) with Power Strikes you generate 1518 Energy in 2 minutes

15 Keg Smashes = 30 Chi = 600 Energy
    Now you have 918 Energy for Jabs. Each Jab costs 40 Energy so you get (918/40) = 22.95 Jabs = 22.95 Chi

During 2 minutes of perfect play you generate 6 additional Chi from Power Strikes giving you a total Chi generation of = 30 + 22.95 + 6 = 58.95 Chi

Because you need 48 Chi during the 2 minutes to keep up Shuffle and Guard, you have an excess Chi of 10.95 which you can use on Purifying Brew and Chi Wave/Burst Zen Sphere or more Blackout Kicks

Looking at the difference in these two haste levels. 2125 Haste Rating gives you 1.65 Chi over 2 minutes.

Now assuming that my maths is all correct at this point (It might not be, which I am okay with) the question is, will 2125 (if you can go 1:1 with another stat) Critical Strike Rating or Mastery be better for you (Provide more mitigation, damage, etc) then the Haste will be.

Now player Chi generation probably wont be this amazing, due to moving to a boss, waiting to push Keg Smash or waiting a second or more to hit Jab when you have Power Strikes up due to other circumstances (stunned etc). While Ascension wont generate as much Chi as Power Strikes will (until you hit about 9000 haste) it will give you a smoother energy generation, and therefore, a smoother Chi generation, which might be something to consider.

Double post, please delete if necessary.
    Last edited by Makova; 2012-12-18 at 03:29 PM.
    Got a Monk blog going at http://monkdownunder.wordpress.com/ Any comments or suggestions you guys have are appreciated

My Monk - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akova/advanced

Tanking is my offspec, however it's an offspec that's getting consistent use in heroic progression. What I'm finding is that a happy medium seems to be where it's at.

With crit/haste focus, I was getting gibbed on thrashes for normal sha 25, and biting the dirt if shuffle ever fell on heroic windlord 25, which sucks for how chi-starved I am that fight. Shifting to stam shoulder enchant, a few stam gems, and stam legs with stam flask and food has made this much less of an issue, although I have to admit some of that was a l2p issue, as I was not sitting on eb for thrashes, and was allowing shuffle to fall by prioritizing other things.

Overall the result seems to be effective. My armory, if you want to look. Don't mind the missing meta and leg gem, haven't kitted them out yet.

Hey I want to post here cause the ask mr. robot guy was here...

I saw that there's a stamina hard cap now on the calculator....but I have no clue how much stamina = certain health. I even tried googling it and can't find it. I guess it can be somewhat complicated with the +% from ox stance or other factors....

can you guys add a way to consider health instead? or convert?

or does anyone know a place online that does that? if i put in like 30k stamina for example it would return the health pool

Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post

I saw that there's a stamina hard cap now on the calculator....but I have no clue how much stamina = certain health. I even tried googling it and can't find it. I guess it can be somewhat complicated with the +% from ox stance or other factors....

or does anyone know a place online that does that? if i put in like 30k stamina for example it would return the health pool
    I think the first 20 stamina confers 1 health per point of stamina, and then after it's 14 health per point of stamina.

The Madgod is right, after bonuses (Ox Stance and leather specialization) it ends up being 18.2 health per point of stamina I believe.
    Got a Monk blog going at http://monkdownunder.wordpress.com/ Any comments or suggestions you guys have are appreciated

My Monk - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akova/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeth View Post

Mr. Robot already does that. All you have to do is edit your stamina cap, then go back to your gearset and optimize it. The 'health' stat is down the list a bit, between 'melee haste' and 'armor' (for me as a paladin anyways, not sure if stats are listed differently for different classes). If you feel the HP value is either too high or too low, all you have to do is go back in and edit the stamina cap in the direction you want your health to go.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!