Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    They don't WANT to reduce the loot randomness. And letting people choose? What would this lead to other than picking the items you need (and of course in a set order from best to "worst" upgrade) and then stopping?

    Like it or not, LFR is a tool for longevity using randomness, and they're not taking that factor out soon
    They will have to suffer from it forever then. Cause we will have fewer and fewer ppl playing healers - longer and longer queues until they are FORCED to do something.


    Im not saying ppl get a pick list of every item if they win. They get a list of items they can use (in any of their spec) from that boss. This leads to a healer that is now beeing forced to go DPS (to get dps gear) beeing able to queue up as healer - shorten the queue times for all and STILL be able to upgrade his offspec gear.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Personally I'm loving the talent trees for my classes.
    Because they are interesting. If you were, say, a resto druid, exactly two tiers of your class offers to trade something you had for something new (you can trade incarnation for a passive benefit or healing treants, you can trade nature's swiftness for two other healing tricks), while giving you mobility on a tier, a choice about how to be able to deal damage (a capability you never had), an entire tier of control, ranging from an instant cast non-dodgeable stun to more situational choices, and a tier relating to kiting and positioning.

    Paladins have a tier about movement (how do you want to be more mobile than a rogue?), a tier offering control (a ret could give up repentance here), two defensive tiers (mostly new with a couple redesigned / buffed abilities), a tier that controls how damage is dealt (in bursts? sustained?), and a healing / damage tier of entirely new stuff.

    If you can't see how this is way more interested than "how would you like to be a gimped version of a sub rogue", then I can't really help.

    Rogues are lackluster. But then again I haven't been interested in rogues in a long time.
    Super, I'm so glad for you. But for those of us with rogue mains, this whole thing has been absolutely ludicrous.

    The new talent system, all in all, is a success.
    No, it's an abject failure. But I guess you don't care about that, because you have yours.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Because they are interesting. If you were, say, a resto druid, exactly two tiers of your class offers to trade something you had for something new (you can trade incarnation for a passive benefit or healing treants, you can trade nature's swiftness for two other healing tricks), while giving you mobility on a tier, a choice about how to be able to deal damage (a capability you never had), an entire tier of control, ranging from an instant cast non-dodgeable stun to more situational choices, and a tier relating to kiting and positioning.

    Paladins have a tier about movement (how do you want to be more mobile than a rogue?), a tier offering control (a ret could give up repentance here), two defensive tiers (mostly new with a couple redesigned / buffed abilities), a tier that controls how damage is dealt (in bursts? sustained?), and a healing / damage tier of entirely new stuff.

    If you can't see how this is way more interested than "how would you like to be a gimped version of a sub rogue", then I can't really help.



    Super, I'm so glad for you. But for those of us with rogue mains, this whole thing has been absolutely ludicrous.



    No, it's an abject failure. But I guess you don't care about that, because you have yours.
    The current talent trees are ok for the pure classes. They give far less real options for hybrids. This expansion could be the end of hybrid classes if this continues like its going atm. We are already seeing very disturbing numbers when it comes to druids, paladins and shamans. http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1

  4. #64
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    love how ghostcrawler makes up excuses he should have been fired long ago for the shitty decisions he has forced upon wow,didnt ghostcrawler say at last years blizzcon for mop that they didnt want cookie cuter builds and stuff and ppl all being the same specc well nice one ghostcrawler ur lies just make you hated, cos if your a frost dk you take the following for pvp playstyle. unholy blight>lichborne>chillblains>deathpact>remorseless winter

    all th rest of the talents suck please dnt tell me that desecrated ground is good cos all they do is wait for it to pass then nuke u down.


    i swear the devs of this company could be replaced with monkeys throwing there own poop around we wouldnt even see a difference, i stopped caring what blizzard and ghostcrawler had to say a long time ago

  5. #65
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    On a Satellite.
    Posts
    599
    but it can be balanced enough to be fun and fair. I will never see that day from certain classes.

  6. #66
    Elemental Lord Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    8,045
    We're working to allow you to transmogrify items that share animations, such as polearms and staves.
    O_O *Imagines caster with Black Ice* :Q

  7. #67
    I really don't understand why they don't just take the Cross Realm technology and permanently link low pop servers. I play on a low pop RP server and I see the same three servers on CRZ most of the time, so take Sentinels, Steamwheedle & Scryers and just permanently link them. The tech solves the issue of having duplicate names and guild names as the home server is shown as a sort of 'surname'. Once you permanently link servers, you can now have them share an AH and enable cross server guilding and raiding for only those servers that are flagged as linked. In one step you take three low pop servers and triple their population without the hassle of true server merges. It seems like the best solution to me and the only tech they need to add would be cross realm guilds and AH. I am sure they could sort that out.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    O_O *Imagines caster with Black Ice* :Q
    Oh yeees.

    Question is if they mean to also allow all 1h and 2h weapons to be moggable regardless of weapon type
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  9. #69
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Blackrock
    Posts
    215
    so ... wait a minute .... is standing on a mob spawn point throwing down dnd, consecration, fire/snake trap etc etc not fun and compelling gameplay?

    a truly eureka moment for bliz devs. and they wonder why people get bent about CRZ in the lower areas where the spawns are slow ...

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    The current talent trees are ok for the pure classes. They give far less real options for hybrids. This expansion could be the end of hybrid classes if this continues like its going atm. We are already seeing very disturbing numbers when it comes to druids, paladins and shamans. http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1
    That site has barely 3 million players surveyed worldwide, it's garbage. Rogues are the least populated class and paladins the most, and yet that has pallies at 5%- trivially shitworthy data. It also has rogues at 11%, a percent we haven't seen since halfway through BC.

    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

    Try this with the sliders set to 90.

    Hunters and mages are appropriately populated. Locks and rogues are underpopped. The only hybrids underpopped are shaman (not as badly as rogues) and monks (for obvious reasons).


    Err, also the numbers that site is displaying aren't even consistent within itself.


    And the talent trees give PLENTY of options to hybrids- far more than most pures. The druid tree, for instance, has a ton of spec-variant buttons that each can excel on a certain type of fight. Rogue talents mostly do nothing on any fight. You'll simply need to make some claims about talents to be taken seriously with a claim like that.

  11. #71
    Blizzard doesn't get it! People that use that add-on for a fully organized PvP group to curb-stomp randoms don't like fair fights! That's why they need to use the add-on in the first place! Who likes a fair fight? No one!

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    That site has barely 3 million players surveyed worldwide, it's garbage. Rogues are the least populated class and paladins the most, and yet that has pallies at 5%- trivially shitworthy data. It also has rogues at 11%, a percent we haven't seen since halfway through BC.

    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

    Try this with the sliders set to 90.

    Hunters and mages are appropriately populated. Locks and rogues are underpopped. The only hybrids underpopped are shaman (not as badly as rogues) and monks (for obvious reasons).


    Err, also the numbers that site is displaying aren't even consistent within itself.


    And the talent trees give PLENTY of options to hybrids- far more than most pures. The druid tree, for instance, has a ton of spec-variant buttons that each can excel on a certain type of fight. Rogue talents mostly do nothing on any fight. You'll simply need to make some claims about talents to be taken seriously with a claim like that.
    The numbers are very consistent - they also show what classes are played on week basis - not all the population like others. And if you didn't know... 3 million is a number that is playing per week.... And this does not include Asia.

    Your link is wrong cause its based on whole population of classes that are not even active. Brawlers guild is pushing more and more dps classes into the picture in the last week. BLizzard needs to react now before it goes out of hand and queues will become over 1 hour long.
    Last edited by duster2; 2012-12-05 at 05:58 PM.

  13. #73
    So it takes Blizz three months of people complaining that gating daily quests behind other daily quests, and then gating both valor gear and profession plans behind those is not in fact compelling gameplay. Then on top of that 8 years of the game to realize that their mob tagging model is way outdated. Hell give them another decade and maybe they'll finally separate pvp and pve from each other so they don't have to try to balance one off the other.

  14. #74
    I honestly don't understand all the hate towards GhostCrawler. he is not the only person responsible for all the decisions made for the game.

  15. #75
    Well, he is the lead systems designer. That does put the lion's share of the responsibility on him.

  16. #76
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,299
    Mists of Pandaria daily quests have shown that competing with other players for mob tagging and such is not fun. You should be excited when there are other players around, not grumpy! Blizzard is still actively looking for a solution to make it a nice thing to have other people around.
    Blizz seriously needs to take a look at GW2 for this one.

  17. #77
    The only thing that WoW needs most is change his Lead System Designer...
    I know that he isn't the only responsable, but his ideas of a "fun game" makes me want kill him ¬¬

  18. #78
    Really disheartening to see people be upset about the old raid thing. Come on...

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    Dailes are optional after you hit Revered. Up until then you NEED to do them to gain access to the Valor items. Of course technically you don't NEED anything in the game but if there was anything in the game that could be described as something you NEED it would be the gear that you use valor to buy. If you don't unlock revered you run out of things to buy with Valor very fast. If you have nothing to buy with Valor then you stop seeking it then what? Do you fish all day?
    There's the upgrade system now to spend Valor, and progress your character too so hopefully later on we won't need the silly valor gear..because apparently already having raid gear..to get raid gear..is good gameplay o.0

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Blizz seriously needs to take a look at GW2 for this one.
    I am pretty sure they already did. Expect some similar mechanics in next WoW expansion. Thats how Blizzard always worked. They got plenty of good ideas from other MMO-s, many people dont realize actually how many. Of course it also works the other way around and of course I am not saying its bad. Just noting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •