Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tuning old raid encounters for soloing, yet you still need to be IN A RAID to enter the damn instances?

personally I think this new talent system is stupid, the other was stupid as well of course, just giving you an illusion of "choice". a talent system that has 3 choices per every tier FOR EACH SPEC would be amazing, this is just the lazy way of doing it giving all 3 specs the same 3 choices, it leads to fewer choices and "one or two choices out of three being good for each spec" is stupid, that's like saying this tier with 3 silences has a use in a raid environment when it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    Tuning old raid encounters for soloing, yet you still need to be IN A RAID to enter the damn instances?
    All as far as I can tell all pre mop raids are accessible without a raid group (MC,BWL,AQ,NAXX etc) there are the ones I ran last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    That should be corrected. The 5.1 patch notes claimed that all pre-MoP raids shouldn't require a raid group to enter anymore.

Mists of Pandaria daily quests have shown that competing with other players for mob tagging and such is not fun. You should be excited when there are other players around, not grumpy! Blizzard is still actively looking for a solution to make it a nice thing to have other people around.
    It's comments like this that make me think blizzard employees like GS are so out of touch with players they have to be high all the time.

The game has been around for 8 or so years and they just now think there is a mob tagging problem and just now think it's not fun.

What I would give for a chance to smack him in the back of the head and yell, "WTH is wrong with you!"

I think they should stop trying to balance how much dailies you do or how much rep you need or whatever just to please as many people as possible and start focusing more on new content. Who REALLY cares if it takes a week longer or shorter to get revered. I rather see more brawlers guild or new quest zones, more 5 man dungeons or whatever you like.
    They can fix the obvious class issues but the constant tweaking of reputation and whatnot is just a waste of time if you would get a whole new 5 man dungeon for it in return. Fun new content > tweaking grinds to fit everyones schedule/preferences.

Yes I know, they have different teams for different parts of the game. Like they can't cut back on one team and get more people for another team or something. Like there are not enough creative game developers out there who would love to work with Blizzard who can create a nice dungeon.

I hate that they feel the Talent system is okay. I want my tree back I'm ready to switch games because its stupid to be able to just pick a spec have everything it has to offer and add some random Talents in there and say oh this is how you spec. Its lazy design in my opinion. They said the new trees where to better help us play. As a healing druid you should decided better lifebloom at the price of shorter rejuve or vice versa. That should be something we decide not oh well here you go and some glyphs and some crappy talents to make you feel good and add symbosis. Which yet again in my opinion is point less. All honest I would love to hear from another druid and tell me what they use it for, as a healer its not that great, Iceblock from a mage (maybe) lived with out it before can raid with out it now so its pointless.

Deleted
    I don't understand his statement about the LFR loot system working well...
    Sure we're not whining at each other any more, but that's because players have no way of controlling the loot destribution, not because we agree with the system. Doing looking for raid should have a reasonable chance of giving you whatever item it is that you want. This chance seems ->0 to me, which is simply wrong. Atleast before you had a great chance of the item dropping, and then you could stack friends to need it for you or you could BEGGGG whoever won it to give it to you. Now it's just "meh I didn't get it this week or the previous 10, I'll keep trying, whatever... I know I'll probably never get it while I need it, but I'll keep trying in spite of the chance of me getting it being 1 in 750000.

The LFR loot system is NOT good and it should NOT be added to dungeons or heroic dungeons.. or anything else. In fact it should be changed in LFR. Even the old system was better.
    Instead of having people ninjaloot, like you did before, you now have people disenchanting / vendoring items they never wanted in the first place. How is that better? How could that ever even be considered better? In what world is that better? It's a hell of a lot worse than ninjalooting. Atleast ninjalooting usually means that the item gets used by whoever ninjad it, because the player wanted it that badly.
    I know all of the above is just my opinion, but I am one of those guys going LFR to get the last items I need for my heroic progress, and I do it every week and I often get items, which I don't want, so I disenchant them, while I never get the items that I do want (the amount of items that I want is obviously less than the amount of items that I don't want).
    Long rant @ Ghostcrawler grossly misinterpreting the "success" of the LFR loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Sure we're not whining at each other any more, but that's because players have no way of controlling the loot destribution, not because we agree with the system. Doing looking for raid should have a reasonable chance of giving you whatever item it is that you want. This chance seems ->0 to me, which is simply wrong. Atleast before you had a great chance of the item dropping, and then you could stack friends to need it for you or you could BEGGGG whoever won it to give it to you. Now it's just "meh I didn't get it this week or the previous 10, I'll keep trying, whatever... I know I'll probably never get it while I need it, but I'll keep trying in spite of the chance of me getting it being 1 in 750000.

The LFR loot system is NOT good and it should NOT be added to dungeons or heroic dungeons.. or anything else. In fact it should be changed in LFR. Even the old system was better.
    Instead of having people ninjaloot, like you did before, you now have people disenchanting / vendoring items they never wanted in the first place. How is that better? How could that ever even be considered better? In what world is that better? It's a hell of a lot worse than ninjalooting. Atleast ninjalooting usually means that the item gets used by whoever ninjad it, because the player wanted it that badly.
    I know all of the above is just my opinion, but I am one of those guys going LFR to get the last items I need for my heroic progress, and I do it every week and I often get items, which I don't want, so I disenchant them, while I never get the items that I do want (the amount of items that I want is obviously less than the amount of items that I don't want).
    Long rant @ Ghostcrawler grossly misinterpreting the "success" of the LFR loot system.
    Sorry but GS says you as a player have no reason to complain about the LFR system and since blizzard seems to think they know what "fun" is and how you as an individual player will have "fun" he must be right.

You're going to have to stop now.
    /sarcasm

Blizzard is so full of it these days.

You're are so dead on with this statement too:

Sure we're not whining at each other any more, but that's because players have no way of controlling the loot destribution, not because we agree with the system.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-12-05 at 02:12 PM.

The new loot system has worked out well, as players don't have any reason to be mad at each other over loot in LFR anymore. It is possible that we could see it being used in dungeons as well, but that is still under discussion.
    What a total and utter bull. The current system benefits only pure classes and hybrid classes are punished for playing specs like healers that are needed - and at the same time are unable to do Brawlers guild and bored out of their life grinding dailies in 463 gear....

Thats bad design of loot system. And it explains very well why 3 hybrid classes are the least played at this point in time. http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drmadhatter View Post
    I hate that they feel the Talent system is okay. I want my tree back I'm ready to switch games because its stupid to be able to just pick a spec have everything it has to offer and add some random Talents in there and say oh this is how you spec. Its lazy design in my opinion. They said the new trees where to better help us play. As a healing druid you should decided better lifebloom at the price of shorter rejuve or vice versa. That should be something we decide not oh well here you go and some glyphs and some crappy talents to make you feel good and add symbosis. Which yet again in my opinion is point less. All honest I would love to hear from another druid and tell me what they use it for, as a healer its not that great, Iceblock from a mage (maybe) lived with out it before can raid with out it now so its pointless.
    Ice block or deterence for pvp, lock portal and life grip if called for in pve or at worse pick a 3 min damage reducing CD like fortifying brew or icebound fortitude. If you're not using one of those for raiding you're doing it wrong.

I'd say Dreamwalker falls into the category, mechanically impossible if your class doesn't have any healing spells.

It really boggles the mind how completely clueless GC is, and after reading that, it really is no wonder why the game is complete crap.

There is no hope whatsoever as long as he is around, none.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sorry but GS says you as a player have no reason to complain about the LFR system and since blizzard seems to think they know what "fun" is and how you as an individual player will have "fun" he must be right.

You're going to have to stop now.
    /sarcasm

Blizzard is so full of it these days.
    The loot system is a LOT better then it was. The number of times I saw someone with the normal or heroic version of the item win the roll and then say that this was for his friend in the raid was completely stupid. The amount of times I was begged for an item because the other person had run it a million times and not won the roll, to the point I had to use the ignore function, was ridiculous.

The system is now fair, balanced and can't be "Gamed".

While the multiple version of the same item is annoying, it can also be used to maximize your reforges depending on your spec. I have two of the same bracers, one for combat, the other for assassination, both with a different reforge.

Your chances of getting an item are mathematically the same as before, the only difference is that it doesn't matter if my token is over or under represented in the group, my chances at loot don't change weekly. I no longer cringe when I see a dozen death knights in my LFR, because I am rolling against the system.

Deleted
    PvP will never be perfectly balanced, but it can be balanced enough to be fun and fair. The balance in Mists of Pandaria still has some tweaking to do before it is at that point.

Havent you said the same crap about every expansion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    that's like saying this tier with 3 silences has a use in a raid environment when it doesnt
    I can't name a raid tier that didn't have the need for interrupts, so yes, they are useful.
    BfA Beta Time

Atleast before you had a great chance of the item dropping, and then you could stack friends to need it for you or you could BEGGGG whoever won it to give it to you.
    And you don´t see a problem with that ?
    While i´m not that much of a fan of the new loot system having some friends roll on everything and then distributing it among themselves is what was wrong with the old system.
    Having friends with you should not give you a better chance of loot, if you want to raid with your friends and get all drops then raids normals, not LFR.

[snip]
    Sure we're not whining at each other any more, but that's because players have no way of controlling the loot destribution, not because we agree with the system. Doing looking for raid should have a reasonable chance of giving you whatever item it is that you want. This chance seems ->0 to me, which is simply wrong. Atleast before you had a great chance of the item dropping, and then you could stack friends to need it for you or you could BEGGGG whoever won it to give it to you. Now it's just "meh I didn't get it this week or the previous 10, I'll keep trying, whatever... I know I'll probably never get it while I need it, but I'll keep trying in spite of the chance of me getting it being 1 in 750000
    [/snip]
    .. and right there are some of the reasons the change was absolutely necessary.

People are bitching about it now simply because it's no longer possible to "game the system".
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Deleted
    And then you could stack friends to need it for you or you could BEGGGG whoever won it to give it to you. Now it's just "meh I didn't get it this week or the previous 10, I'll keep trying, whatever... I know I'll probably never get it while I need it, but I'll keep trying in spite of the chance of me getting it being 1 in 750000.
    Yeah sure the chance of you getting loot is really 1 in 75,000

And all the reasons you state you liked about the old system is EXACTLY 100% without doubt why it has been changed.

You reap what you sow I am afraid.

"Blizzard may have overdone the daily quests a little bit in pursuit of the goal of always having something for players to do when they log in."

No shit. For a brand spanking new expansion no less; dailies are not content, they're a mean to an end (to acquire items or money or whatever else) that die off once the grind is over.