Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is he actually defending bots?! And killing the only way we'd have a bot-free (non-rated) BG experience? *Facepalm*
    WTF is wrong with him?

This is good, but not enough. WoW requires mass effort to be great again. If you were ceasar of Rome you'd never please the colleseum.

10+ Year Old Account
    such a waste not being able to give away duplicate or uneeded gear that you win in LFR. IMHO this should be changed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    Lol I see whining about mob tagging? Really? New to the game or what? Hit the damn thing with an instant cast, a taunt, always worked that way and always will.
    Seems you like to live in the outdated past.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    such a waste not being able to give away duplicate or uneeded gear that you win in LFR. IMHO this should be changed ...
    It's a case of 'you can't have your cake and eat it too'. The last thing I need is every druid and monk whispering me after every kill to ask if I won something I could give to them, because I already have better in the slot that boss drops. People complained about people ninja'ing their loot and people winning loot they didn't need to the point where Blizzard made everything individual, now they want it changed again cuz they realize the new system will actually gear you up more slowly than the old one, even with all the 'ninja' looters we had in Cata. I for one don't miss all the whining, complaining, griefing, begging, and trolling that went on with the old loot system and I don't want to see them do anything that may make it return, which includes making loot tradeable. The only change I'd like to see is an option to select the spec you want to gear for, without having to play it. Otherwise, leave LFR alone and let me vendor my purple trash.

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    It is but don't expect anybody here to understand that. In reality they are extremely selfish and wouldn't spread the loot around anyway. Like the guy above who couldn't be bothered to respond to players asking him to be a nice guy. Yet somehow they have the gal to call out the old system as being selfish because people loot traded with one and other. Whatever. This expac has just been frustration on top of frustration. Piling more frustration in LFR and REMOVING THE HUMAN ELEMENT out of the equation will just bleed subs.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Mists of Pandaria daily quests have shown that competing with other players for mob tagging and such is not fun. You should be excited when there are other players around, not grumpy! Blizzard is still actively looking for a solution to make it a nice thing to have other people around."

The question was in response to mob tagging in CRZ not Pandaria, although I suppose mob tagging exists in lvl 90 dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Unfortunately the tabard system led to naught but faster burnouts and handling out too much reward for one repetitive task, i.e dungeons
    It's not coming back, but as mentioned they're looking for alternatives that doesn't funnel players into a single area.
    Tabards lead to burn out but dailies don't.How much double think will you people spew? Check this out. Tabards virtually removed any sense of grind from reputation factions in this game. Grind being the primary cause of burn out. Tabards were a vastly superior system and the fact that the developers don't recognize this basically means they will never understand that making the game less rewarding is not the answer to curing boredom. It just causes MORE BOREDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Tabards lead to burn out but dailies don't.How much double think will you people spew? Check this out. Tabards virtually removed any sense of grind from reputation factions in this game. Grind being the primary cause of burn out. Tabards were a vastly superior system and the fact that the developers don't recognize this basically means they will never understand that making the game less rewarding is not the answer to curing boredom. It just causes MORE BOREDOM.
    You're confusing it though. He states that the hubs with 4-5 dailies to do were a success and the ones like GL that has 12-15 quests were causing burn out. There has to be the grind or else it won't meet their goal of keeping people out doing them, but TOO MUCH and it causes the burn out he discribes. You need the grind to get the sense of accomplishment from the RPG, but they have to still make it fun. Tabard compelling gameplay decision is to remember to wear the right tabard that you aren't exalted. Obviously a step in the wrong direction for their design goal.

Also I don't think he meant that the tabards cause burn out. They trivialize the rep grinds and leave you with nothing to do. Being burnt out means there's stuff to do but "you've bitten off more than you can chew". If they were going to introduce the tabards back in as a means to gain rep with Shado-Pan while randomly queuing into Scholomance, so that you can gain rep doing something not at all related to that rep, then why is there reputation system in the game at that point?

Please tell me im not the only one that thinks ghostcrawler is just full of shit?

I have to say I burst out laughing when I saw Ghostcrawlers grinning mug.... looked like some meme waiting to happen

It is but don't expect anybody here to understand that. In reality they are extremely selfish and wouldn't spread the loot around anyway. Like the guy above who couldn't be bothered to respond to players asking him to be a nice guy. Yet somehow they have the gal to call out the old system as being selfish because people loot traded with one and other. Whatever. This expac has just been frustration on top of frustration. Piling more frustration in LFR and REMOVING THE HUMAN ELEMENT out of the equation will just bleed subs.
    If you want the "human element," that's what regular raiding is for. LFR was one of those things that made you lose all faith in humanity, so taking out that human element improved the experience IMMENSELY.

Once again TonyIommi, you simply lack even the most basic knowledge of what an MMO should and shouldn't be. A free-for-all that encourages "Internet Fuckwad" behavior is the reason MMOs fail, not why they succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    If you want the "human element," that's what regular raiding is for. LFR was one of those things that made you lose all faith in humanity, so taking out that human element improved the experience IMMENSELY.

Once again TonyIommi, you simply lack even the most basic knowledge of what an MMO should and shouldn't be. A free-for-all that encourages "Internet Fuckwad" behavior is the reason MMOs fail, not why they succeed.
    Right. I fail to understand a internet fuckwad theory but the developers create CRZ which combines all the jackasses and assholes into one big soup with the decent folk. You guys are hilarious. Yea LFR had issues before. If this is the cure for it then it's worse than the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    "Mists of Pandaria daily quests have shown that competing with other players for mob tagging and such is not fun. You should be excited when there are other players around, not grumpy! Blizzard is still actively looking for a solution to make it a nice thing to have other people around."

The question was in response to mob tagging in CRZ not Pandaria, although I suppose mob tagging exists in lvl 90 dailies?
    It exists but respawns are fast enough that it has never been an issue for me. Other objectives which could have been potentially bad, like freeing the prisoner or killing the dragons/behemoth for GL, are already shared so Blizz had some good foresight on those.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Yes I think he got this totally wrong. Dungeons can be a burnout - but at LEAST its a grouping up experince that offers variety over the stagnant and totally dead daily quests. I still do my dungeon run for Valor every day rather than doing dailies.

If BLizzard now thinks grouping up and socializing is now more chance of burnout than solo.... then I dont know why they call it MMO....

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:14 PM ----------

The fact of the matter is that LFR is a huge and utter failure in the first place. If ppl are doing it every week for loot then why on earth does BLizzard not create 10 or 25 man normal content that ppl can do in guilds with that difficulty? Thats the thing. LFR is probably the worst experience in the entire game atm in any other than loot. Many ppl are not doing normal raids because that requires "effort" that in most cases is beeing online at certain time for 3-4 hours for 2-4 days per week. If GUILDS could do LFR and distribute the loot themselfs - then more ppl would probably fill up a 25 man raid and go for it on that LFR easy difficulty - have fun and work as a GUILD to help guildies out.

LFR is a total and utter failure in all sence of the word. Blizzard should just give ppl 15 rolls per week per character to get 476 items.
    Last edited by duster2; 2012-12-05 at 11:15 PM.

I agree with you but peoples fail to understand what was the point of the new looting system; it was developed for the sake of removing loot drama from lfr and it worked, but intested many players think that personal loot = more loot sorry but it's not like this. As always if the rng god don't feel it you can do 50 runs and waste tonload of charms without your precious loot appearing in your bag, much like the raiders that do it on normal/heroic need to wait for the damn "insert loot name here" to drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy LFR but not the drop rate. If they fixed the drop rate and general items that are included (loot like you would expect from world drops - gold, misc gear etc) I wouldn't feel so ripped off for doing every LFR raid for 2 months and getting only 2 items.

Why not include a wide-range of transmog only gear that can also drop, and perhaps some more profession patterns and companion pets?
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler Lead system Designer -> WoW Going to hell....

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Greg should be the final Raidboss of WoW. Hopefully connected with the quest "Bring me the head of Ghostcrawler". The "Design" of WoW sucks since Cataclysm.

Anyone else hoped that it was about GC's death or termination?