Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well... the bots pay too. And Blizzard only sees cash. Why remove a source of income?
    This is one of the dumbest argument if I have ever seen one.
    Do you honestly think that income from botters is greater than all the losses from all the people who quit because they are sick of bots?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

last time i was isle of conquest alliance had like 35 bots in the base :< i should have frapsed it was realy funny ^^

Well and nope i dont belive blizz bans for botting :/ even if i would love it.. i love random bg's but well to be hones its dead since all those bot are there ( i can only play pvp at night and i do random bgs.. or well i did befor it was so bad ) since MoP pvp is ***** for me :|

3 hours? That's pretty silly that you can get a longer ban for griefing your own faction in IoC by pulling out the boss so he'll enrage and one shot people (I got a 1 day ban for doing this), than this.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

1. its always 3 days, never hours.
    2. There has been a big banwave just yesterday

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 02:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Do you honestly think that income from botters is greater than all the losses from all the people who quit because they are sick of bots?
    oh most definitely, i would even go as far the number of people allegedly being driven to the use of bots is greater than the number of people quitting over them.

HOWEVER, Blizzard does not see it that way and fights bots any way they can but they shriek back a bit when it comes to plainly ban every botter without giving them a second(third, fourth, fifth) chance
    Last edited by Kane49; 2012-12-08 at 01:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Must be so because youll get permanent banned for finding a way to chat with the opposite faction.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    1. its always 3 days, never hours.
    It's known that Blizzard has a punishment pyramid in place.
    That was confirmed, pointed out, or however you want to call it, by CM's in the official forums. A 3 hour ban is one part of that pyramid. 3 days is quite a bit up to the top already, with the top being the ultimate punishment, account shut down.

The case at hand makes actually sense. Blizzard can see everything we do in the game. There are backlogs. It's easy for them to determine whether an account is actually actively used, and the acct holder uses a bot while still actively playing too, or the acct doesn't do anything but botting.
    In the first case, with a clean slate up until caught, a mild punishment as a warning shot is justified.
    In the second case, I am sure such acct gets totally shut down.

If the guy in case 1 gets caught again however, he can be sure that the next punishment will be more severe, but still not necessarily the ultimate punishment.

I see nothing wrong with that handling from Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    3 hours? That's pretty silly that you can get a longer ban for griefing your own faction in IoC by pulling out the boss so he'll enrage and one shot people (I got a 1 day ban for doing this), than this.
    Always behaved nicely in the game? No spam reports, or profanity in chat channels reports against you? You know.... if you talk shit in trade, and people report you, that doesn't necessarily have to end up in a result against you. It can just lead to notes on your acct., and at the next occasion the hammer falls down.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Must be so because youll get permanent banned for finding a way to chat with the opposite faction.
    The only method for that is a hack program, as much as I know. And the use of a hack program is just quite step above that of an auto bot.
    Those progs usually have other powerful hacks in addition.
    Easy to google and find out what's possible in that field.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    they are mostly compromised accounts
    Perhaps mode grinding bots are, but there is no way a PvP bot is someone who's been hacked and the hacker is using PvP as a way to make money out of the account. You get fuck all from PvP compared to PvE (Grinding/Farming ect). I find it really hard to believe that the sheer amount of bots in BGs aren't there voluntarily grinding to skip the honor treadmill.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

Do you honestly think people quit because of bots?

Honestly, people who just do random BG's and dont set foot in arena who are really the only ones affected by bots should quit.
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Do you honestly think people quit because of bots?

Honestly, people who just do random BG's and dont set foot in arena who are really the only ones affected by bots should quit.
    Yes they do. I personally know several who stopped playing and while bots weren't the sole reason in most cases (in some they were) they always contributed a big deal as they completly took out the fun from normal unrated PvP.

Back in Vanilla my other account got perm banned for exploiting and exploring.
    Now it's possible to have several accounts botting at the same time with no fear of losing accounts, even if you get banned its just couple days or you can always call Blizz and tell them that you got hacked, they got soft with all the money they've got now. Also, I am not saying that I am botting now.
    Heyoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

Always behaved nicely in the game? No spam reports, or profanity in chat channels reports against you? You know.... if you talk shit in trade, and people report you, that doesn't necessarily have to end up in a result against you. It can just lead to notes on your acct., and at the next occasion the hammer falls down.
    Still, it doesn't make sense that intentionally throwing BG games can lead to a longer ban that using a bot to play BGs.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-12-10 at 05:48 AM.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Someone I have known intimately for nearly 9 years was AFKing in several battlegrounds, he received a 3 hour ban within 24 hours and upon making a ticket was told by Blizzard that they had investigated and confirmed botting was taking place on his account in order to exploit the honor system.

They also said they had removed all his honor, that was a lie as well.

I do wish blizzard would just close the accounts of botters for first offense. Even if it was an account hack a phone call or E-mails would clear that up pretty quick. An interesting read is the "buddy" suite of programs forum. They have a whole section about whether you got banned or reported while using their product just as if it were a bug report section in WoW. I can only presume this is to make a better bot in the future, but sadly most of the bans there are the 3-72 hour bans, with the only perma ones I have seen so far from AH bots that spam transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Always behaved nicely in the game? No spam reports, or profanity in chat channels reports against you? You know.... if you talk shit in trade, and people report you, that doesn't necessarily have to end up in a result against you. It can just lead to notes on your acct., and at the next occasion the hammer falls down..
    orly

If he's caught multiple times he'll get banned.

First 3 hour suspension is there as a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    And i get 6 hours for insulting someone????????
    Only 6? i got 18 hours >< not my fault i broke 5 rules in 1 sentence. imo

although.. there was that one time where a gm took down a ticket that i logged saying he deserved it, so i guess its okay right?

but on the topic, Botters should be banned for min 6 hours. 3 hours = pathetic. but remember activision runs blizzard now. basically

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Missunderstood, sorry;>

I got banned for 72 hours for joking about dead kitties.

I got banned for 48 hours for saying the F word.

It happened in TBC/WOTLK.

Since CATA ive been breaking so many rules and have only got a 3 hours ban in MOP for botting and sending death treaths, no warning. Lol this is retarded.

If i did what i did in CATA during the TBC time, i would get permanent banned like 50 times.

As you can see in my pic i laughed at Blizzard for giving me a three hours ban for botting, cheating and sending death treaths.

They said they reviewed it and the 3 hours ban is fine.

They dont want to ban us bots forever, they know we are so many they have to scare us to play normally in this game again.
    Stay classy there bro.
    8 year olds Dude.

No surprise there; there's almost no sense in permabanning a paying customer if you think about it.

I just got a ban like this 10 minutes ago... The problem is i have never botted in wow. Good to know they do least something lol.. i just played many bgs past two days thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    No surprise there; there's almost no sense in permabanning a paying customer if you think about it.
    Which you clearly haven't...

There is every sense in banning a person who makes the game pointless / unplayable for X number of other people.

To use your logic I should be allowed to do anything so long as I'm paying a subscription, which is absurd.

Not banning bots does two things:

1) People who are actually playing eventually get fed up and leave (less money...)
    2) People who can't beat them, join them and you end up with more bots

And the vicious circle goes round and round.
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....