Thread: Soloing Raids

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing Raids

Ya, I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting in to MC and BWL after the last patch. I know Bliss made it so you can enter them with out being in a group, but it wont let me in to BWL. I had to do the attunement quest for MC is it the same for BWL, and if so is it still possible to do attunement quest for BWL? Any help on this would be awesome! Thanks so much

Deleted
    Currently the portals are broken for MC and BWL so the only way in is the attunement entrances for both.

Edit:

I mean the portals inside BRD -> MC and UBRS -> BWL
    Last edited by mmocf1f818545c; 2012-12-05 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made a point of it to get all my alts attuned at level. (56-58)
    Yes it's still possible.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post
    Currently the portals are broken for MC and BWL so the only way in is the attunement entrances for both.

Edit:

See, I noticed that, but i was able to get in to the Raid while in a group.

the portal to BWL from UBRS is broken, didn't know the BRD - MC one was broken to.

The orb and the elf still teleport you fine though. You can attune your self for BWL no problem find the http://www.wowpedia.org/Scarshield_Quartermaster guy in that link. He dies you loot the quest item go into UBRS kill the last boss and click on the orb behind him you are now attuned for BWL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The orb and the elf still teleport you fine though.
    Real men jump the window.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Real men jump the window.
    Caution: Only works when you are dead. If you do it alive, you will fall into a pond of molten lava.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from those portal-issues, I was able to do Karazhan again up to the chess event...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from those portal-issues, I was able to do Karazhan again up to the chess event...
    Chess event can be a bitch for sure... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    Caution: Only works when you are dead. If you do it alive, you will fall into a pond of molten lava.
    The lava also zones you in as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    See, I noticed that, but i was able to get in to the Raid while in a group.
    So they fixed solo queuing into MC? Used to be able to enter MC literally solo in Cata.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marg View Post

Edit:

I used the device to get into BWL today... didn't have to enter a dungeon.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Not true, I've jumped out the window to zone in a million times while alive. You have to have done the attunement quest first though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    So they fixed solo queuing into MC? Used to be able to enter MC literally solo in Cata.
    you allways could solo enter mc by talking to the elf...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feylor View Post
    Not true, I've jumped out the window to zone in a million times while alive. You have to have done the attunement quest first though.
    What window is this that you folk speak of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Others already said so, but... False!

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    What window is this that you folk speak of?
    The window leading into what seems like hot molten death next to the teleport-elf that sends you to Molten Core actually works as a portal to Molten Core.

Fun fact: He alludes to this by talking about rifts in the world ("see the window next to me?") and attuning yourself to these rifts. This is why it's called 'attunement' in the first place, you are attuned to travel a rift to move from one place to the other instantly.

Fun fact 2: The "zone in" location by elf-teleport is actually slightly different from the location by window-jumping. One will make you face the entrance portal. The other makes you face the first trash pack.

Fun fact 3: The elf didn't always offer a teleport gossip option and the window-jump used to be the only quick method of entering Molten Core, back in the day. When people died en masse from lagging and spending a few seconds too long into lvl60-killer lava, Blizzard responded by introducing the elfportation option.

Fun fact 4: Emus. God damn they're hilarious.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-12-05 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you allways could solo enter mc by talking to the elf...
    Not always. Was surprised that it was allowed, because before you had to be in a raid enter (got the annoying message of needing to be in a raid).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    I'm not to familiar with the changes they made. Would it be possible to solo Bloodqueen Lana'thel?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Others already said so, but... False!

The window leading into what seems like hot molten death next to the teleport-elf that sends you to Molten Core actually works as a portal to Molten Core.

Fun fact: He alludes to this by talking about rifts in the world ("see the window next to me?") and attuning yourself to these rifts. This is why it's called 'attunement' in the first place, you are attuned to travel a rift to move from one place to the other instantly.

Fun fact 2: The "zone in" location by elf-teleport is actually slightly different from the location by window-jumping. One will make you face the entrance portal. The other makes you face the first trash pack.

Fun fact 3: The elf didn't always offer a teleport gossip option and the window-jump used to be the only quick method of entering Molten Core, back in the day. When people died en masse from lagging and spending a few seconds too long into lvl60-killer lava, Blizzard responded by introducing the elfportation option.

Fun fact 4: Emus. God damn they're hilarious.
    Oh my, just did this, i never knew it after all these years Now it shall be my only form of entering

Yeh, you used to only be able to get into MC via jumping into the window. Lag issues and server disconnects at 60 caused a LOT of deaths. They added the elf guy some time later.

I remember back in the day if you had a priest you could mind control an enemy and jump them off the far edge of the lava pit and they would die. Much fun and frustration was had to those tactics!