Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Blade Lord Ta'yak 10

I normally don't make posts like this, but I'd really love some feedback and havn't been able to find much. We're having a bit of trouble on H Blade Lord Ta'yak 10, nothing that we couldn't solve with a day worth of attempts prob, but rather not spend two days on this dude... Question I guess is two fold, positioning and healing/damage taken. Our positioning seems to totally suck always, and as a healer, I find it god near impossible to find the people I need to heal. We start him at the throne and slowly move him to the opposite side, making sure were all on the far side. Great for nadoes, sucks for healing...

The other thing is damage taken/healing. Were 3 healing, but I hear you are supposed to two heal(confirm/deny?), but damage seems rediculous. I play Disc, and basically nullify every Unseen, but that DoT hurts combined with tank damage. DoT is what, 150k every 2 seconds, tank damage is semi-high, so two healing would require one healer doin 75k HPS on the DoT target the entire fight and the other keeping the raid alive + tank, doesn't seem possible unless were missing something here...

Deleted
    Best thing you can do of course is watch some 10 man videos on how other people are executing their kill. cant really provide a lot of information without either a PoV of how you're doing it, or some world of logs information.
    a few things i would suggest are:
    1) use the room to your advantage, the hallways have pillars, that you can all stack up against to avoid getting the knockback from unseen strike. soon as the strike goes off you spread again. you avoid having people knocked all over the room and after the strike their still getting healed by ground effects & splash healing etc while their running out.

2) dont just have the raid told to "spread" be smart about it. to avoid tornados in the middle of the raid, have range & healers hug the walls. atleast then the tornado's in the wall wont be in the hallway clipping your raid as they run by. aslong as you're running to stack 5 seconds before the strike, and there's no tornado's due. this wont effect your execution at all.
    make sure all ranged and healers are also quite sparsely spread around, but still close enough to reach for easy healing. avoid the cleave dot as much as possible.

our 25man kill atleast, we used 4 points in the room. and moved every 2nd unseen strike. for example. when you enter the room and you're facing the throne. the raid took 2 sets of unseen strikes for each location we were standing in.

1st 2 strikes north on throne
    2nd 2 strikes west in the hallways, 1st pillars using them to avoid knockback.
    3rd 2 strikes entrance doorway
    4th 2 strikes east hallway, 1st pillars using them to avoid knockback.

as i said above, with more information at hand, I'm sure myself and other contributors could offer help.

Deleted
    2 healing it isn't that hard. We did it having me (resto druid) healing the guy with the debuff and a disc priest handling the raid. I don't think you can beat the enrage with 3 healers unless you have insane DPS.

Deleted
    The DoT can be bopped so running with at least 1 pally is hugely beneficial, it can also be iceblocked and I would imagine iceblock would also work for a druid through symbiosis but I might be wrong...

These are the only ways I know of to remove the dot, what's your 10man comp?

The enrage is quite easy to beat. We brought in a 475 moonkin, 3 DPS died on the second transition back to Blade Lord's platform, and we did it by 17 seconds.

If you have like 2 paladins, or mages/dwarfs/rdruid symbiosis ice block/etc I would suggest 2 healing as you can just drop the debuffs, but if not, maybe 3 healing is the way to go?

As for positioning, you really don't have to be far away. We actually just move Blade Lord down to the first set of steps and don't end up further moving him until like 50% when there is a huge U of tornadoes around him. The further you are, the more likely you are to mess up, or completely miss the unseen strike marker, especially if you're the one marked. Also Wind Step is like 5 yards? 3 yards? I don't know but you have to be pretty close to get a double DoT, so it's not like everyone has to be super far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster
    Prot War
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest
    Resto Druid
    Boomkin
    Affi Lock
    Affi Lock
    S.Priest
    Ele Shaman

Have a Mage, DK and Windwalker too to sub for DPS and a Resto Shaman for heals.

The issue I run into is, I try to stand in center of raid to be in range of people, the death grip thing goes off and then when I try to get back, DPS who dont want to move just stay in the middle, so I'm stuck on one side with half the raid out of range... DoT range is 8 yards I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    you have alot of ranged, makes it alittle tighter as far as positioning goes. But you can 3 heal it. We 3 healed it last night, with me (normally Boomkin) filling in as a 3rd healer in Boomy gear. have the pally spec into the double HoP, if you bring the mage he can iceblock, our mage as arcane Iceblocked 2 or 3, I symb him and could iceblock one myself.

Edit: Logs of the kill if interested. May help

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14292&e=14753

you can two or three heal it.
    we three healed it the first time we killed it last, last week. We found when we were 2 healing that our healers just could not keep everyone up in p2.
    we don't really seem to have many issues with the dot, yeah it does a lot of damage though. Mages can iceblock it off and if you have pallies you can bop it off before unseen strike

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing looking at other peoples logs vs healing experience in there (normal logger decided not to post......), is like totally different. The guild we're "competing" against, as well as like a ton of other logs shows Unseens at like 180k damage range, and I swear if I don't get aegis's up on the raid, it does 350k to all 9 people... With Barrier down, it seems to do about 250k, still way off these 180k numbers I see in like every log, so I dunno what were doin wrong/how you would do this without a Disc.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you HoP/Iceblock, you will also have one more person to share that dmg. Wont make a huge difference, but every little bit helps

our logs seem to put it in the 300k+ range consistently

We do this without a disc.

Unseen strike is every 1 minute, so you can like:

Holy Pally - glyph DP
    Disc Priest - ?
    Resto Druid - Barkskin
    Boomkin - Barkskin
    Affi Lock - Rotate vw last stand/shield wall/dark bargain
    Affi Lock - ^
    S.Priest - disperse/?
    Ele Shaman - shamanistic rage

Pretty much every class has SOMETHING they can pop for Unseen Strike.

Is it completely impossible to force him to target a particular player with unseen strike? I have seen a few logs where a spriest will take every other unseen. Unfortunetly I can not post logs as of yet. I assume this is possible or some ppl get all the rng love.

10+ Year Old Account
    also Prot Warrior can dmg reduction banner/Rallying Cry. May help some on Unseens as well.

Deleted
    Easily 2 healable. If you have a shaman make him take totemic projection and save healing tide for the run. Use the slipstream on the way back to avoid damage. Put up lock portals at the side of the runway so you dont have to run all the way. Make sure people with the debuff use a personal cd when the unseen strike is happening, with a disc shield up on them.

I just saw a kill log where every other unseen strike was cast on a SP (who can disperse and cheese the mechanic). when his dispersion wasn't off CD it was cast on the raid, but every time his dispersion was off CD he got the unseen strike.

Luckiest RNG ever, or is there some way, creative or otherwise, to select the target of unseen strike?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two healing it means you will easily make enrage. Three healing it means enrage might be a problem, but is still easily doable, just with less room for error.

Personally I would two heal it. The only insane damage is in P2. If you have shadow priests have them exclusively heal for this phase until you reach the other end of the hallway. Same with any type of druid DPS/tanking druid. It might hurt their damage to not use HoTW until P2 but it really helps a lot if they pop HoTW as soon as P2 starts and act as a resto druid for the next 45 seconds. If you reach the other end with most of your raid alive it's a kill usually.

We 2 healed it. The DoT hurts but there is basically no other damage to heal at that time so...heal through it. Tell the DoT person to not stack up for the strike otherwise they will probably die.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    I normally don't make posts like this, but I'd really love some feedback and havn't been able to find much. We're having a bit of trouble on H Blade Lord Ta'yak 10, nothing that we couldn't solve with a day worth of attempts prob, but rather not spend two days on this dude... Question I guess is two fold, positioning and healing/damage taken. Our positioning seems to totally suck always, and as a healer, I find it god near impossible to find the people I need to heal. We start him at the throne and slowly move him to the opposite side, making sure were all on the far side. Great for nadoes, sucks for healing...

The other thing is damage taken/healing. Were 3 healing, but I hear you are supposed to two heal(confirm/deny?), but damage seems rediculous. I play Disc, and basically nullify every Unseen, but that DoT hurts combined with tank damage. DoT is what, 150k every 2 seconds, tank damage is semi-high, so two healing would require one healer doin 75k HPS on the DoT target the entire fight and the other keeping the raid alive + tank, doesn't seem possible unless were missing something here...
    I two heal this with a disc priest. Its not the easiest thing to do, wind step is quite a lot of damage (I suggest having the windstep target staying out of unseen strike), but its manageable without too much drama. The only suggestion I would have would be that if you have the option - have your pally go dps rather than getting another dps in as the double BoP is incredibly helpful for negating windstrikes. You could have him stay holy but phase 2 will be a thousand times easier for you with a resto druid.

Here is my PoV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucch-xj1gic

Best of luck!
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-12-05 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Seems like your positioning has to be fixed. Healers aren't the only ones responsible to be in range of the dps, the dps too have to move accordingly. Communicate to make sure, that this is not a problem.

As someone else already said, use HoP/IB/Deterrence/Dispersion etc. All personal CD's should be used to mitigate the dmg.

When phase 2 starts, take a moment to heal everyone to full and then get going. If people get hit by tornadoes, they really need to pay more attention. Make sure you have a Stampeding Roar, pop another Soul Well and make sure people have 1 charge available for this phase. Health potions, the LW drums that increase movement speed - use what is available.

On the way "back", make use of the stream. Run when the boss is at 11%, while 1 tank stays back and push him to 10%. You'll get half way to the other end for free like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ri_O-F72Vt0

Check our positioning compared to yours and gl.