Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,128
    I would also suggest doing some arena's.. Tier one epics are generally better than heroic dungeon gear

  2. #22
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    you get a maximum of 1k vp per week how do you get a klaxxi neck if you just hit 90
    I bought the klaxxi neck tuesday.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,808
    Odds are unless you can buy epics from the auction house, you won't hit 470 in order to Heart of Fear/Terrace LFR. 460 should be easy enough if you can spend hours running heroics ad nauseum.

    Hell, I went from about 465 to 470 ivl this weekend from upgrading my 463 pieces. So much PvP and none of the gear to show for it.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    -You got 9 pieces of gear from heroics in 24 runs which is a LOT of heroics for 2 days but possible.
    -Then you bought the DMF trinket which most people can't afford or won't buy but possible.
    -You crafted an epic from blacksmithing which is possible.
    -Obtained boots from LFR (luck) but possible.
    -Klaxxi neck epic (not possible in 2 days I don't believe)
    -Got your guild to give you 6 blood shards to craft an epic
    -Got your guild to run you 6/6 MV and got a piece of loot there

    Oh and by the way "2 Stone Guard kills (LFR Mogu'shan Vaults)". Seeing as this is a week lockout how exactly did you gear in 2 days?

    TLDR : Yes, you can get raid ready in 2 days if you are extremely lucky with drops and your guild carries you to a full clear and gives you blood shards to craft epics. Good one.
    This is key, you got carried weither you like it or not.

  5. #25
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This is key, you got carried weither you like it or not.

    Since when does crafted epic = carried?



    I got the gloves after we raided for the night.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome Jaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Since when does crafted epic = carried?



    I got the gloves after we raided for the night.
    I think the point people are making is yes you were raid ready to raid with your guild, in which the other 9 members significantly outgearred you and the content. Therefore you were kinda boosted through it.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    To those saying it takes weeks and weeks to get ready for raids. That you have to farm rep endlessly.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoof/Baar/feed

    I was having bad luck with drop or I would have a bit better gear.


    Anyone else able to get raid ready in just a few days also?

    Also - you're prot. That means your queues for heroics are approximately 2 seconds. Everyone else enjoys long queues. The point, Nicholas Cage's hair is still a bird, and your argument is invalid.

  8. #28
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    I think the point people are making is yes you were raid ready to raid with your guild, in which the other 9 members significantly outgearred you and the content. Therefore you were kinda boosted through it.
    And if you tanked any raids this tier you would know tanks don't really get carried. By your logic anyone and everyone is carried by the other people in the raid. I was 455 ilvl going in which is plenty for MSV. No I didn't get carried I put just as much effort as the rest of the raid.

    Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Also - you're prot. That means your queues for heroics are approximately 2 seconds. Everyone else enjoys long queues. The point, Nicholas Cage's hair is still a bird, and your argument is invalid.
    What argument was that? Reread the post I was more asking if anyone else has done similar.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    And if you tanked any raids this tier you would know tanks don't really get carried. By your logic anyone and everyone is carried by the other people in the raid. I was 455 ilvl going in which is plenty for MSV. No I didn't get carried I put just as much effort as the rest of the raid.



    What argument was that? Reread the post I was more asking if anyone else has done similar.
    You did get carried even if you don't want to admit it. You didn't get carried because you can't play, but if your entire raid group was 455 ilevel I doubt you would have been as successful UNLESS you are a top guild which maybe you are, don't know. A 490+ ilevel healer can easily make up the healing you are tanking in damage from that level of gear much more easily than a 470 geared healer. Similarly 490+ ilevel DPS make each encounter and phase go faster which means less healing and less damage to the tank. Finally, maybe you were the offtank and not MT which takes less damage generally. All of these are you getting carried. Sure, you put in the same effort as everyone else but they made it easier for you which means carried.

    I'm not saying you're a bad player but all the things you are stating of getting raid ready in 2 days does not apply to the vast majority of WoW players so your argument is flawed.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    And if you tanked any raids this tier you would know tanks don't really get carried. By your logic anyone and everyone is carried by the other people in the raid. I was 455 ilvl going in which is plenty for MSV. No I didn't get carried I put just as much effort as the rest of the raid.
    You can put in as much effort as you want, if the rest of your guild didn't had the gear they had than you wouldn't be able to make it. Weither your a tank, healer or dps doesn't matter. When you are undergeared and the rest is overgeared than you get carried. I can go in as Ilvl455 dps preform tactics perfect and follow the best dps rotation my role allows...if you don't have the gear you won't do half the dps of other people.

    Over years gear became more of value...being skilled will you get further, but a crappy Ilvl490 mage will still out dps an awesome Ilvl455 mage. It has been like that since half way through Wotlk.

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm not saying you're a bad player but all the things you are stating of getting raid ready in 2 days does not apply to the vast majority of WoW players so your argument is flawed.
    I also wanna make that clear, nobody is calling you a bad player. You could be better than me for all we know...but that doesn't change the fact that you got carried...wich basicly makes your whole thread pointless.
    Last edited by Sarac; 2012-12-05 at 04:02 PM.

  11. #31
    Please change the title to "How to get raid ready in 2 days, if you can spam heroics as a tank and those 2 days happen to be on opposite sides of the reset"

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    450
    Congratulations on being able to gear up so fast. Honestly I mean that.

    As a comparison, I am trying to gear up my priest (as healer) at the moment. He has been 90 for about 1.5 weeks. I crafted the tailoring chest and hands for him and he was lucky enough to run Sha the day he dinged so got the boots from the quest.

    I have run about 16 heroics on him and guess what? 1 healer drop (a trinket) in all that time. I am sitting on a 445 ilvl. I refuse to do any dailies on him due to doing some of them on three other characters, so I won't be unlocking any VP gear from reputation. I realise I could do more to gear up faster but this was supposed to be the "gear up solely from heroics" toon. Not going very well so far.

  13. #33
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    200
    About 1.5 months ago i re-rolled as a Warrior and managed to hit 90 mid afternoon Sunday. For the remainder of Sunday and Monday evening after work i ran Heroic Dungeons non-stop and managed to get every blue piece i needed, luckely i had obtained tier hands from Sha of Anger when i was level 88 and had my friend crafted me the chest piece. Upon raid time on Tuesday night i was already 466 equipped and managed a full MV clear and had 3 ranking parses on WOL (Best was a 86 on Spiritbender).

    It is entirely possible to get raid ready without relying on daily quests and weeks of preparation. Although if you are poorly geared and not pulling your weight, then yes that is the definition of being carried. My expeience was within the first few lockouts of MV, it would be an entirely different experience if i was to re-roll now and jump into heroic progression.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

  14. #34
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    not sure
    Posts
    2,051
    OP got boosted by a guild or his guild and now brags. Good job. 1/10

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Since when does crafted epic = carried?



    I got the gloves after we raided for the night.
    carried very much. guild had the achievement like month ago
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
    About 1.5 months ago i re-rolled as a Warrior and managed to hit 90 mid afternoon Sunday. For the remainder of Sunday and Monday evening after work i ran Heroic Dungeons non-stop and managed to get every blue piece i needed, luckely i had obtained tier hands from Sha of Anger when i was level 88 and had my friend crafted me the chest piece. Upon raid time on Tuesday night i was already 466 equipped and managed a full MV clear and had 3 ranking parses on WOL (Best was a 86 on Spiritbender).

    It is entirely possible to get raid ready without relying on daily quests and weeks of preparation. Although if you are poorly geared and not pulling your weight, then yes that is the definition of being carried. My expeience was within the first few lockouts of MV, it would be an entirely different experience if i was to re-roll now and jump into heroic progression.
    Congratulations, you are not the common player. If what you say is true, within the first few lockouts of MV you managed a full clear wearing blues. That puts you in the top I'd say 5% of raiding guilds in this game. Your experience is not similar to most people out there, therefore it is meaningless to this discussion about being raid ready.

    I don't get what is with all these people coming in with guilds carrying them or funneling them gear and saying well, I was raid ready the day I hit 90 so clearly all of you should be as well. We get it, you're in a good guild and better than the rest of us but don't try and claim that your situation is the norm because it's not.

  16. #36
    I raided MSV normal just fine 3 days after dinging. But I'm tank so I just spammed queues, I had 460 iLevel by Wednesday when I dinged on Sunday.

  17. #37
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    Congratulations on being able to gear up so fast. Honestly I mean that.

    As a comparison, I am trying to gear up my priest (as healer) at the moment. He has been 90 for about 1.5 weeks. I crafted the tailoring chest and hands for him and he was lucky enough to run Sha the day he dinged so got the boots from the quest.

    I have run about 16 heroics on him and guess what? 1 healer drop (a trinket) in all that time. I am sitting on a 445 ilvl. I refuse to do any dailies on him due to doing some of them on three other characters, so I won't be unlocking any VP gear from reputation. I realise I could do more to gear up faster but this was supposed to be the "gear up solely from heroics" toon. Not going very well so far.
    I didn't get much luck from heroics either. I bought a lot of 450 gear and the crafted pieces I upgraded a heroic to 471 and will probably upgrade another piece today also.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Congratulations, you are not the common player. If what you say is true, within the first few lockouts of MV you managed a full clear wearing blues. That puts you in the top I'd say 5% of raiding guilds in this game. Your experience is not similar to most people out there, therefore it is meaningless to this discussion about being raid ready.

    I don't get what is with all these people coming in with guilds carrying them or funneling them gear and saying well, I was raid ready the day I hit 90 so clearly all of you should be as well. We get it, you're in a good guild and better than the rest of us but don't try and claim that your situation is the norm because it's not.
    The only thing my guild got me was the gloves. Everything else I got cam from me.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    OP got boosted by a guild or his guild and now brags. Good job. 1/10

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:51 PM ----------



    carried very much. guild had the achievement like month ago
    jelly? we lost 3-4 members since then also which we replaced last night. So boosted = 1 crafted item from the guild? because all the rest of the items came from my work.

  18. #38
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    200
    Slozon,

    There is really nothing you can say that would prove you wern't being somewhat carried unless you provided logs. It may have not been a hinderence on your guild because they outgear normal MV by a substaintal amount and could carry your weight. But this is completely unfeasable for just anyone to expect to clear MV at 450 ilvl with a run of the mill trade chat pug, and i asusme if your entire guild was 450 ilvl you wouldnt have cleared the instance.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

  19. #39
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
    Slozon,

    There is really nothing you can say that would prove you wern't being somewhat carried unless you provided logs. It may have not been a hinderence on your guild because they outgear normal MV by a substaintal amount and could carry your weight. But this is completely unfeasable for just anyone to expect to clear MV at 450 ilvl with a run of the mill trade chat pug, and i asusme if your entire guild was 450 ilvl you wouldnt have cleared the instance.
    Where did I say anything about having to clear the raid the first time you go in. I was just showing you can get geared enough to enter raids in a few days if you try. No you might not do a full clear but you can get good attempts in

    Once you are in a raid your gear comes from the raid.

  20. #40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •