Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Where did I say anything about having to clear the raid the first time you go in. I was just showing you can get geared enough to enter raids in a few days if you try. No you might not do a full clear but you can get good attempts in

    Once you are in a raid your gear comes from the raid.
    Well sure, because you can enter a raid wearing anything provided you have a group that will take you. But running 24 heroics in 2 days is not feasible unless you have a TON of free time and are tank spec so you get instant queues. Heck, even as a healer my queue times are 8+ minutes these days. Do you have a job/family? 24 heroics at instant queue times. We'll say the average heroic takes 15 minutes (they are easy). That is 6 hours of heroics. Not super terrible but not likely people would run 6 hours worth in 2 days. Also, if you say an 8 minute queue timer that's an additional 3.2 hours of time wasted bringing your total up to 9.2 hours in 2 days.

    So yes, everything you are saying is POSSIBLE. It's just not likely to happen to most people. I don't see why you don't understand this.

  2. #42
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,547
    To those saying it takes weeks and weeks to get ready for raids. That you have to farm rep endlessly.
    Yes my guild helped me
    That's like being given 1million pounds to set up a business and saying to other business owners that had no help that it doesn't take very long or any effort >.<

  3. #43
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,945
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Well sure, because you can enter a raid wearing anything provided you have a group that will take you. But running 24 heroics in 2 days is not feasible unless you have a TON of free time and are tank spec so you get instant queues. Heck, even as a healer my queue times are 8+ minutes these days. Do you have a job/family? 24 heroics at instant queue times. We'll say the average heroic takes 15 minutes (they are easy). That is 6 hours of heroics. Not super terrible but not likely people would run 6 hours worth in 2 days. Also, if you say an 8 minute queue timer that's an additional 3.2 hours of time wasted bringing your total up to 9.2 hours in 2 days.

    So yes, everything you are saying is POSSIBLE. It's just not likely to happen to most people. I don't see why you don't understand this.
    I never said others had to do it in 2 days. But it clearly doesn't take weeks. Nor does it require rep items.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    That's like being given 1million pounds to set up a business and saying to other business owners that had no help that it doesn't take very long or any effort >.<
    Were did I say it was easy? I just said it was possible.

  4. #44
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,547
    where did i mention difficulty? i said effort ie. having to grind everyday 0o

  5. #45
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    where did i mention difficulty? i said effort ie. having to grind everyday 0o
    If you are going to redefine a word at least same what you mean then. Most people relate the word effort to hard work.

    Effort:
    1.exertion of physical or mental power: It will take great effort to achieve victory.

    2.an earnest or strenuous attempt: an effort to keep to the schedule.

    3.something done by exertion or hard work: I thought it would beeasy, but it was an effort.

    4.an achievement, as in literature or art: The painting is one of hisfinest efforts.

    5.the amount of exertion expended for a specified purpose: the war effort.


  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I never said others had to do it in 2 days. But it clearly doesn't take weeks. Nor does it require rep items.
    But it CAN. Just as you finished it in 2 days (in roughly 9 hours) it could take 2 weeks if people are very unlucky with drops and only have an hour or two a day to play then it certainly can take weeks. Also, you appear to have a very good guild. For most people who don't those rep items REALLY help.

  7. #47
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,547
    I didn't redefine the word. See i can quote definitions that prove my point too 0o
    ef·fort

    noun /ˈefərt/ 
    efforts, plural

    A vigorous or determined attempt
    - hammer birdhouses to country fenceposts in an effort to bring back the eastern bluebird

    The result of an attempt
    - he was a keen gardener, winning many prizes for his efforts

    Strenuous physical or mental exertion
    - the doctor spared no effort in helping my father

    A force exerted by a machine or in a process

    The activities of a group of people with a common purpose
    - the war effort
    https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X...iw=987&bih=580

    You seem to be getting rather defensive for no apparent reason and by doing so are going drastically off topic :S

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I didn't redefine the word. See i can quote definitions that prove my point too 0o


    https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sa=X...iw=987&bih=580

    You seem to be getting rather defensive for no apparent reason and by doing so are going drastically off topic :S
    Each one of those requires some sort of work?

  9. #49
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,547
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Each one of those requires some sort of work?
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or just asking for an argument of some sort so I'm just gonna leave you to it...

  10. #50
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm not sure if you are trolling or just asking for an argument of some sort so I'm just gonna leave you to it...
    This was my thought when you posted. Have a nice day.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    What argument was that? Reread the post I was more asking if anyone else has done similar.
    Your argument is in the tone of your original post. You're saying "see I did it" without any details regarding your instant queues, unimaginable quantities of free time, tremendous donations from your guild, etc. Your "argument," though not explicit, is that the game is fine as it is and that people can easily progress from hitting level 90 to doing raids in a matter of days. You're attempting to show that the game is one way, when clearly for the majority of players it isn't. This is further shown by your lazy question at the end of your post, to which no one in this entire thread has answered "yes, I had the same experience as you."

    In closing, your argument is still invalid.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Aybar View Post
    I'll give you a hint: Hit level 90 on monk buy gear to start heroics, buy a few epics. Go into heroics, grind them all weekend ... get one leather drop for mainsspec and two for offspec all weekend.

    It's called RNG and yes it can be this bad as I so unfortunately found out. Now imagine someone not able to play all weekend but only averaging one heroic per day. With the same luck he will be at it for two months and gain two items.

    (so I went into raids just 3 ilevels above the minimum required to enter heroic instances)
    If you only have time for one heroic instance a day, you probably don't have time to raid.

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Your argument is in the tone of your original post. You're saying "see I did it" without any details regarding your instant queues, unimaginable quantities of free time, tremendous donations from your guild, etc. Your "argument," though not explicit, is that the game is fine as it is and that people can easily progress from hitting level 90 to doing raids in a matter of days. You're attempting to show that the game is one way, when clearly for the majority of players it isn't. This is further shown by your lazy question at the end of your post, to which no one in this entire thread has answered "yes, I had the same experience as you."

    In closing, your argument is still invalid.
    I don't see what everybody in this thread, including you, gets so upset about. The OP posted that it is POSSIBLE, to gear up enough in two days once you've hit level 90 to set foot in a raid. Now part of the reason they cleared MSV is due to his guild and the guild's gear level, but that doesn't mean that the OP's gear level is lower than the gear level used by my guild originally when we started out clearing MSV. We managed to clear the place in similar gear levels when we started.

    And I'm sorry, you're talking about unimaginable quantities of free time. Even for somebody who works full time (8h a day) it is not unrealistic that that person manages 4-5 hours a day (on a weekday) if he wants to (as someone before calculated it would take roughly 9.2 hours to run all these dungeons including wait time). Let alone if it would be weekend!

    Al though you don't agree with the OP, he's not wrong. You are! You're saying that he's claiming that the game is one way. Which he isn't! He's saying, in the current game, if you spend a bit of time and effort you can reach gear levels that enable you to raid. In short he's talking about the way he played the game.

    Maybe he could've given more details about himself, but you're exaggerating when you say he got tremendous donations from his guild (1 item o.O, which he could've bought from the AH if he was willing to spend more money).

    In closing, try to post something more reasonable next time if you want people to agree with you!

  14. #54
    Has anyone mentioned that you are geared completely wrong?

    No expertise cap, no hit cap, socketed only for mastery, wrong chant on weapon, 4 missing enchants, wrong talents, wrong glyphs, wrong meta, wrong sockets in dragonling and just generally bad.

    I wouldn't consider you "raid ready" since you have done virtually no research into your class.

    EDIT: Wow your guild carried you 6/6? I would thank your healers. You must have taken a lot of unmitigated hits with such a low sotr uptime.
    Last edited by Luciferiuz; 2012-12-06 at 04:11 AM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    full 463 is more than enough for MSV normal. you can do that in a matter of hours if your lucky, or days if your not provided you have the time.
    At least in the beginning yes. Eventually you do need better gear for the tougher fights.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I think the OP has created a strawman in his head and is arguing against that, rather than anyone in particular.

    Absolutely, it really doesn't take long to get geared enough for raiding and it's not required to grind reps. Honored is plenty to get started, with the rest of your gear coming from heroics, JP, and LFR.
    You must be joking. Did you miss the hundreds of whiny post about how grinding dailies was REQUIRED because you NEEDED the VP gear? It was bullshit, but there's definitely contingent that refused to accept that you could raid in blues and maybe a couple of crafted epics. Hell, read above for some of the same BS. There are people who just want to whine about something, anything. Yes, the OP did in 2 days what would take people with less time a week or so and sure, bad luck might mean it's even longer. But it's certainly possible to gear yourself to 460 or so and once you do that you can not only do decently in reg MSV but you can also queue for LFR for shots at 476 loot. In 1.5 LFRs I've gotten 3 epics. So, no, you don't need to spend weeks grinding dailies. Sadly, that won't stop some people from bitching.
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-12-06 at 04:16 AM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I don't see what everybody in this thread, including you, gets so upset about. The OP posted that it is POSSIBLE, to gear up enough in two days once you've hit level 90 to set foot in a raid. Now part of the reason they cleared MSV is due to his guild and the guild's gear level, but that doesn't mean that the OP's gear level is lower than the gear level used by my guild originally when we started out clearing MSV. We managed to clear the place in similar gear levels when we started.

    And I'm sorry, you're talking about unimaginable quantities of free time. Even for somebody who works full time (8h a day) it is not unrealistic that that person manages 4-5 hours a day (on a weekday) if he wants to (as someone before calculated it would take roughly 9.2 hours to run all these dungeons including wait time). Let alone if it would be weekend!

    Al though you don't agree with the OP, he's not wrong. You are! You're saying that he's claiming that the game is one way. Which he isn't! He's saying, in the current game, if you spend a bit of time and effort you can reach gear levels that enable you to raid. In short he's talking about the way he played the game.

    Maybe he could've given more details about himself, but you're exaggerating when you say he got tremendous donations from his guild (1 item o.O, which he could've bought from the AH if he was willing to spend more money).

    In closing, try to post something more reasonable next time if you want people to agree with you!
    No one is saying people can't get geared in a few days. Of course it's possible. For the most part though it's all about luck.

  18. #58
    The average player does not play 20 hrs/day.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The average player does not play 20 hrs/day.
    To be fair, the average player also doesn't raid...

    Getting ready for raiding doesn't take any more time than it did in previous expansions so I don't really see the point of this thread. But trying to get the VP gear for new characters/alts does take more time. If they're necessary or not will depend on various things and I'm not touching that with a 10-foot pole.

  20. #60
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    The average player does not play 20 hrs/day.
    As someone said, 9.2 hours in 2 days averages 4.6 hours for 2 days. Thats a little over a fifth of what you were saying..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •