Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How to get raid ready in 2 days

To those saying it takes weeks and weeks to get ready for raids. That you have to farm rep endlessly.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoof/Baar/feed

I was having bad luck with drop or I would have a bit better gear.

Anyone else able to get raid ready in just a few days also?

Deleted
    I'm confused, I can't remember anyone saying you need 2 weeks to get ready for normal modes?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    full 463 is more than enough for MSV normal. you can do that in a matter of hours if your lucky, or days if your not provided you have the time.

I think the OP has created a strawman in his head and is arguing against that, rather than anyone in particular.

Absolutely, it really doesn't take long to get geared enough for raiding and it's not required to grind reps. Honored is plenty to get started, with the rest of your gear coming from heroics, JP, and LFR.

Deleted
    I'll give you a hint: Hit level 90 on monk buy gear to start heroics, buy a few epics. Go into heroics, grind them all weekend ... get one leather drop for mainsspec and two for offspec all weekend.

It's called RNG and yes it can be this bad as I so unfortunately found out. Now imagine someone not able to play all weekend but only averaging one heroic per day. With the same luck he will be at it for two months and gain two items.

(so I went into raids just 3 ilevels above the minimum required to enter heroic instances)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I think the OP has created a strawman in his head and is arguing against that, rather than anyone in particular.

Absolutely, it really doesn't take long to get geared enough for raiding and it's not required to grind reps. Honored is plenty to get started, with the rest of your gear coming from heroics, JP, and LFR.

I've seen so many people say it takes forever to get into raids now because you have to do dailies and they take forever. This is proof that 1 you don't need to do them and 2 it doesn't take forever.

How did we farm dailies on release? MSV came out the weekend after -_- None of us could even spend VP that we didn't have, not to mention JP wasn't even usable back then.

You can buy BOEs, craft stuff, or the most normal route of get full 463 in every slot. That's fine for MSV normal.

I was rdy for normal modes right after my ding. Better gear makes it easier but it's not impossible without.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    I was rdy for normal modes right after my ding. Better gear makes it easier but it's not impossible without.
    Wasn't planning on doing anything with him to start. The guild tank left and we needed a new one so I got geared.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    To those saying it takes weeks and weeks to get ready for raids. That you have to farm rep endlessly.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoof/Baar/feed

I was having bad luck with drop or I would have a bit better gear.

Anyone else able to get raid ready in just a few days also?
    -You got 9 pieces of gear from heroics in 24 runs which is a LOT of heroics for 2 days but possible.
    -Then you bought the DMF trinket which most people can't afford or won't buy but possible.
    -You crafted an epic from blacksmithing which is possible.
    -Obtained boots from LFR (luck) but possible.
    -Klaxxi neck epic (not possible in 2 days I don't believe)
    -Got your guild to give you 6 blood shards to craft an epic
    -Got your guild to run you 6/6 MV and got a piece of loot there

Oh and by the way "2 Stone Guard kills (LFR Mogu'shan Vaults)". Seeing as this is a week lockout how exactly did you gear in 2 days?

TLDR : Yes, you can get raid ready in 2 days if you are extremely lucky with drops and your guild carries you to a full clear and gives you blood shards to craft epics. Good one.

Hmm, I've not seen anyone say it takes weeks to 'get into' raids. Maybe to get better gear to progress and complete raids - but not get into. Most posts I see actually say the day you hit 90 you can get some gear from AH and get right into LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    -You got 9 pieces of gear from heroics in 24 runs which is a LOT of heroics for 2 days but possible.
    -Then you bought the DMF trinket which most people can't afford or won't buy but possible.
    -You crafted an epic from blacksmithing which is possible.
    -Obtained boots from LFR (luck) but possible.
    -Klaxxi neck epic (not possible in 2 days I don't believe)
    -Got your guild to give you 6 blood shards to craft an epic
    -Got your guild to run you 6/6 MV and got a piece of loot there

Oh and by the way "2 Stone Guard kills (LFR Mogu'shan Vaults)". Seeing as this is a week lockout how exactly did you gear in 2 days?

TLDR : Yes, you can get raid ready in 2 days if you are extremely lucky with drops and your guild carries you to a full clear and gives you blood shards to craft epics. Good one.
    Yes my guild helped me get ready isn't that what guilds do?

I ran lfr monday and then again on tuesday.

Klaxxi rep was from questing I did no dailies for them. Only the leveling quests

*edit* Should also note I had the sha boots until I did lfr.

Also since I was tanking the guild didn't "run me" as much as I was another member in the raid.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Hmm, I've not seen anyone say it takes weeks to 'get into' raids. Maybe to get better gear to progress and complete raids - but not get into. Most posts I see actually say the day you hit 90 you can get some gear from AH and get right into LFR.
    As you see we not only got in the raid but did a full msv clear. We will be doing Heart of Fear tomorrow
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-12-05 at 02:37 PM.

I got raid ready without heroics, and I have never done a single new daily ever, and it only took me about a week to be raid ready.

It's much easier to gear a tank through heroics than a dps, unless you have a generous and kind tanky or healery friend. My tank was in full 463 by the time the first weekend was over. I dinged 90 on my mage 7 days ago, and I've still got crafted 450 ring, neck, legs, belt and wrist.

So while you're waiting out that 20-25 minute dps queue, you might as well do dailies. They improved the scenario rewards, though, and I think it's actually better gear-per-hour if you're a dps to spam scenarios than to spam heroics. I got some purple shoulders from a scenario yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Yes my guild helped me get ready isn't that what guilds do?

I ran lfr monday and then again on tuesday.

Klaxxi rep was from questing I did no dailies for them. Only the leveling quests

*edit* Should also note I had the sha boots until I did lfr.

Also since I was tanking the guild didn't "run me" as much as I was another member in the raid.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:31 AM ----------

As you see we not only got in the raid but did a full msv clear. We will be doing Heart of Fear tomorrow
    Here again, according to your activity log you ran 24 heroics. Most people can't do that in 2 days. This is where the majority of your gear came from

Also, yes, your guild is supposed to help but they gave you 6 blood shards to craft an epic. My guild is still using the gear that drops to gear the raiders so we don't have 6 blood shards laying around to gear a new alt. So yes, if your guild is good and clearing a bunch of stuff and is DEing a bunch of stuff to do this then sure. Most guilds are not so you can't use this in your arguement.

I'll concede the Klaxxi rep. I didn't remember if you had to do dailies or not to hit honored. I will also concede the LFR Mon/Tues as two days however you only got 2 pieces of loot from this which wouldn't come close to gearing you.

While I do agree that being the tank makes you just another member, I also have to say that either your guild is REALLY good or you got carried to some extent by the raiders to be able to do a full clear of MV with that ilevel of gear as the tank. Most guilds can't do that.

So bottom line is yes, you can gear up in 2 days with luck, guild funneling you mats for epics and you have a really good guild that can progress easily. This does not represent much of the WoW raiding population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should hide and delete my post to hide my epic failure gearing choice lmao.....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/89648 <- not very good for tanking HAHA

Something to note - you can go into regular MV with a lower ilvl avg than LFR requires, and still pull your own weight. Even as a tank. I'm not recommending a full set of greens, but if you have ilvl 455, you'll do just fine as long as you play smart.

So yes, you can be raid ready pretty fast. How much RNG likes you and how much you are willing to purchase play a role too.

Also, I don't think anyone ever said you need to do dailies to raid. It was all about people who felt required to do everything possible to maximize their gear, no matter how miserable it made them.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Here again, according to your activity log you ran 24 heroics. Most people can't do that in 2 days. This is where the majority of your gear came from

Also, yes, your guild is supposed to help but they gave you 6 blood shards to craft an epic. My guild is still using the gear that drops to gear the raiders so we don't have 6 blood shards laying around to gear a new alt. So yes, if your guild is good and clearing a bunch of stuff and is DEing a bunch of stuff to do this then sure. Most guilds are not so you can't use this in your arguement.

I'll concede the Klaxxi rep. I didn't remember if you had to do dailies or not to hit honored. I will also concede the LFR Mon/Tues as two days however you only got 2 pieces of loot from this which wouldn't come close to gearing you.

While I do agree that being the tank makes you just another member, I also have to say that either your guild is REALLY good or you got carried to some extent by the raiders to be able to do a full clear of MV with that ilevel of gear as the tank. Most guilds can't do that.

So bottom line is yes, you can gear up in 2 days with luck, guild funneling you mats for epics and you have a really good guild that can progress easily. This does not represent much of the WoW raiding population.
    you get a maximum of 1k vp per week how do you get a klaxxi neck if you just hit 90

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I've seen you don't even need to touch your dailies for raid ready gear. Just keep running heroics till you can que for LFR, and then so fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    you get a maximum of 1k vp per week how do you get a klaxxi neck if you just hit 90
    He actually did it across two weeks. Mon/Tues. It's still technically 2 days and with running 24 heroics he should have made the valor cap.