Question The better flask

I have a warlock who is also an alchemist. He has his alchemists enhancement flask which gives him 320 intellect. He also makes Elixir of the Monk which with his alchemists mixology gives him around 990 mastery. He's affliction for heroics and raids. For raids its Flask of the Warm Sun hands down. BUT... For five man heroics between the 320 intellect flask and the 990 mastery flask, which would do him greater good given he's around 471 overall item level and sports over 21K spellpower unbuffed.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    I have a warlock who is also an alchemist. He has his alchemists enhancement flask which gives him 320 intellect. He also makes Elixir of the Monk which with his alchemists mixology gives him around 990 mastery. He's affliction for heroics and raids. For raids its Flask of the Warm Sun hands down. BUT... For five man heroics between the 320 intellect flask and the 990 mastery flask, which would do him greater good given he's around 471 overall item level and sports over 21K spellpower unbuffed.
    For 5 mans, doesn't even matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Non-answers are non-helpful.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

This should likely be in the warlocks thread. Personally I don't know if mastery or int is better for locks. However 320 int for 990 mastery, I'd likely think that mastery is better. For my boomkin for example mastery is useless so the int would be more beneficial but I cannot answer that for a lock. Also as the other poster said, in heroics it hardly matters. You don't even need to flask they're so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Challenge modes do.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    Challenge modes do.
    You seriously considering not-flask to challenge modes?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    Non-answers are non-helpful.

If int is better for raids it is better for dungeons.

The only stats that change from raids to heroics is how much hit/exp you need to cap. everything else has the same value.

And for challenge modes one needs 15% hit aswell

I don't have a recent simcraft handy to be able to verify it, but I would imagine similar to as your gear gets better the stat weight on mastery starts to pass int with regard to gems, so I would imagine the same would apply to an elixir with 320 int vs 990 mastery (where gems are on a 2:1 ratio and this would be a 3:1 ratio). So in lower gear levels they would be about even, but at higher gear levels the mastery would pull ahead. Obviously the best choice for anything with raids or challenge modes would still be the 1000 int flask, but for stuff that is for funsies or just messing around the mastery would be the better of the two above.

10+ Year Old Account
    with mixology the flask gives 1480 int. plus for challenge modes his ilvl will be scaled down to 463 anyways and his stat reduced accordingly.

for just fun the mastery would be better for him imo.

Run a sim and find stat weights. Is (990 Mastery * MasteryWeight) > (320 Int * IntWeight)? Use Mastery elixir. Otherwise use Int elixir.

Neither. Use a proper 1000 int flask (mixology increases that to 1320). If you want to do challenge modes, do them right. Also bring pots.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    for afflicion, at around 380 ilvl int:mastery is 2:1. so if it was 660 mastery to 330 INT, then at 380 ilvl the mastery would be better. therefore for affli, mastery is miles better. its closer for demo/destro

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment View Post
    Challenge modes do.
    he said 5 man heroics. Not challenge modes.

Deleted
    I can't seem to find out how 471 ilvl can have 21k spellpower..
    I'm at 492 with 22.9k and that's with hc Torch 2/2 upgraded.

In any event, the mastery is probably better of the two, seeing as your int:mastery value will probably be 1:0.48 or something at that gearlevel.

I'm confused. You're asking whether or not using a mastery flask (which is a consumable, meaning you are spending resources) is better than the default, non-consumable flask you get for not using any flask at all.

The Alchemist's Flask isn't so much a "flask" as it is a baseline for using no flask at all (to make up for others getting their +320 int with or without flask). So using anything should be better than Alchemist's.

Flask>elixir>alchemy flask....
    GG
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."