Thread: Trinkets

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Trinkets

    What better now in 5.1 for BM hunter, Bottle of Infinite Stars 489, Terror in the Mists 497 or Relic of Xuen 479 ?
    i inspected hunters in top guilds, and saw kit with Bottle of Infinite(hm) and Relic of Xuen.os it's mean what bottle better than terror?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    What better now in 5.1 for BM hunter, Bottle of Infinite Stars 489, Terror in the Mists 497 or Relic of Xuen 479 ?
    i inspected hunters in top guilds, and saw kit with Bottle of Infinite(hm) and Relic of Xuen.os it's mean what bottle better than terror?
    Its the haste proc that is the problem. The BMF trinket is a crit proc, and the BoIS is Mastery which are both better than the haste that comes with Terror. The agility is good, but just doesn't seem to outweigh the boost you get with the agility proc. Haste just doesn't do that much for hunters.. Great for combat rogues, not so much Hunters.

  3. #3
    eem, what did you say?
    Why haste? terror give crit proc, relic and bottle give agility, as i think

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    eem, what did you say?
    Why haste? terror give crit proc, relic and bottle give agility, as i think
    You are correct.. The poisons must be going to my head... lol I was thinking of Hawkmaster's Talon andJade Bandit Figurine. Scattered Shots lists DMF and Bottle as top with Terror 3rd. I have seen most top hunters using a mix of the three.

  5. #5
    Well, on the higher ilevel 25 man servers items drop with 2/4 upgrade. I had a 489 bottle 0/2 upgraded, and coined a heroic 500something bottle with 2/4 upgraded. For us at least, Terror/Bottle are best (since relic only goes 2/2)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Well, on the higher ilevel 25 man servers items drop with 2/4 upgrade. I had a 489 bottle 0/2 upgraded, and coined a heroic 500something bottle with 2/4 upgraded. For us at least, Terror/Bottle are best (since relic only goes 2/2)
    I'm confused about your statement. Are you saying that heroic drops have 4 possible upgrades? Because that's not true; they also have 0/2 just like everything else.

  7. #7
    On the Asian servers experimenting with no 10/25 shared lockout, 25s drop higher ilevel items pre upgraded to 2/4.

    I replaced my 0/2 Stone guard heroic bracers with higher ilevel 2/4 ones this week. They come pre upgraded. Also my old 489 bow (0/2) was replaced by today's normal kill bow 497 2/4 upgraded. That's right, normal Emperor dropped a 497 bow which can be upgraded TWICE more.
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-12-05 at 08:44 PM.

  8. #8
    TiTM and Bottle are the best trinkets. As it has been said by other hunters (and tested) the DMF trinket relies on a ranged crit and therefore procs sometimes at inappropriate times. It's a great starting trinket, but if you can get your hands on a bottle and a TiTM you should use those.

  9. #9
    From what I've understood that's only if you have both heroic trinkets upgraded 2/2 versus the normal ones where it slightly changes and relic outweighs terror. Or am I incorrect here?

    Does anyone have the stats they can post on each of the trinkets?
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    TiTM and Bottle are the best trinkets. As it has been said by other hunters (and tested) the DMF trinket relies on a ranged crit and therefore procs sometimes at inappropriate times. It's a great starting trinket, but if you can get your hands on a bottle and a TiTM you should use those.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    On the Asian servers experimenting with no 10/25 shared lockout, 25s drop higher ilevel items pre upgraded to 2/4.

    I replaced my 0/2 Stone guard heroic bracers with higher ilevel 2/4 ones this week. They come pre upgraded. Also my old 489 bow (0/2) was replaced by today's normal kill bow 497 2/4 upgraded. That's right, normal Emperor dropped a 497 bow which can be upgraded TWICE more.
    Okay, but that doesn't apply to the majority of readers on these forums.

  11. #11
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    TiTM and Bottle are the best trinkets. As it has been said by other hunters (and tested) the DMF trinket relies on a ranged crit and therefore procs sometimes at inappropriate times. It's a great starting trinket, but if you can get your hands on a bottle and a TiTM you should use those.
    I have all 3, personally I think they are EXTREMELY close. I think H Bottle comes out on top of all 3 with it's crazy 40% up time. But the Relic, and Terror are so close, if the relic procs, its better, but the uptime on the TiTM is pretty bad as well

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    From what I've understood that's only if you have both heroic trinkets upgraded 2/2 versus the normal ones where it slightly changes and relic outweighs terror. Or am I incorrect here?
    Relic is a great trinket, but the fact that the proc relies on a crit rather than a hit makes it a problematic trinket somewhat. It can go awhile without proccing and risk proccing while everything is down. On the other hand, TiTM has a 105 sec ICD and relies on a hit to proc. The ICD may seem bad but that lines up with pretty well with LR/MOC and BW. The chances of TiTM proccing while your CDs are up is very high since it relies on a hit, and from what I've experienced (I got one last night and played around with it) and heard it procs as soon as the ICD is up (much like the bottle). Overall, it's your choice because they are pretty close and the relic isn't that bad. I'll try to run some tests on my own and post some numbers during the weekend when I'm not raiding.


    Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    I have all 3, personally I think they are EXTREMELY close. I think H Bottle comes out on top of all 3 with it's crazy 40% up time. But the Relic, and Terror are so close, if the relic procs, its better, but the uptime on the TiTM is pretty bad as well
    Bottle definitely wins because of the fantastic uptime. But again, TiTM is up pretty much right in line with other CDs. As far as the relic proc goes, that's a big IF since it relies on a crit. My crit is pretty good for my gear level, but it's still not even 25% unbuffed.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    Relic is a great trinket, but the fact that the proc relies on a crit rather than a hit makes it a problematic trinket somewhat. It can go awhile without proccing and risk proccing while everything is down. On the other hand, TiTM has a 105 sec ICD and relies on a hit to proc. The ICD may seem bad but that lines up with pretty well with LR/MOC and BW. The chances of TiTM proccing while your CDs are up is very high since it relies on a hit, and from what I've experienced (I got one last night and played around with it) and heard it procs as soon as the ICD is up (much like the bottle). Overall, it's your choice because they are pretty close and the relic isn't that bad. I'll try to run some tests on my own and post some numbers during the weekend when I'm not raiding.

    Bottle definitely wins because of the fantastic uptime. But again, TiTM is up pretty much right in line with other CDs. As far as the relic proc goes, that's a big IF since it relies on a crit. My crit is pretty good for my gear level, but it's still not even 25% unbuffed.
    Very informative, thank you. I'll check back later in the week then: Also, greatly appreciated!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    I have all 3, personally I think they are EXTREMELY close. I think H Bottle comes out on top of all 3 with it's crazy 40% up time. But the Relic, and Terror are so close, if the relic procs, its better, but the uptime on the TiTM is pretty bad as well

    Basically this. Personally, I'd say Relic > TiTM simply because looking at my logs it has a higher uptime which means TiTM isn't giving me that much crit and upgrading to the heroic one wouldn't change the uptime and agi > crit.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Basically this. Personally, I'd say Relic > TiTM simply because looking at my logs it has a higher uptime which means TiTM isn't giving me that much crit and upgrading to the heroic one wouldn't change the uptime and agi > crit.
    Assuming you are talking about Heroic Terror, it has a higher base agility and gains more from upgrades on account of the 30 item level difference as well. I don't think there is any argument that has upgraded TiTM behind Relic. They are very close at 0/2 however.

  16. #16
    I would rank them

    Heroic Bottle of Infinite Stars
    Relic of Xuen =/= Heroic Terror in the Mists
    Bottle of Infinite Stars
    Terror in the Mists

    Relic of Xuen has a 55 sec ICD which is excellent for BM just as long as it doesn't take 15 secs to proc.

    Bottle of Infinite Stars has a 45 sec ICD and procs instantly, a heroic version upgraded 2/2 is almost 4k agility on proc for 40% uptime.

    Terror in the Mists has a 105 sec ICD and procs instantly and can line up nicely with some abilities
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2012-12-08 at 01:51 AM.

  17. #17
    The STR version of relic of xuen apparently has a 30sec ICD, so the AGI version would be the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
    The STR version of relic of xuen apparently has a 30sec ICD, so the AGI version would be the same
    No it has a 55s cooldown, as per GC post. The Str version just has a shorter ICD and is 45s.

  19. #19
    HC BoIS 2/2 + HC TiTM 2/2 are BiS. But HC TiTM 2/2 and RoX 2/2 are very close in values, like around 100 DPS.

  20. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,218
    STR version of Xuen is also on hit, those bastards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •