Thread: Trinkets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    in fact, femaledwarf gives top2 place to relic, and even Terror N (2\2, so 504) worse than relic 476, how it can be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    in fact, femaledwarf gives top2 place to relic, and even Terror N (2\2, so 504) worse than relic 476, how it can be true?
    Could be because of the duration. The ICD of TiTM is 105 seconds, so change the duration to a fight that would favor it. Say ~4 minutes. Not sure how it would differ though. Looking at my logs the relic has a higher uptime than TiTM so I will be sticking with that as my BiS.

It even greatens the gap between the two (in favor of Relic > H TiTM) when I sim it. Not sure.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-06 at 07:59 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon Gate View Post
    straight forward and cpt. obvious answer: because relic has static agi and agi procc, where all other trinkets have second stats as one of the two.
    and frankly, agi is still so much better than the other second stats.
    and allthough blizz realized this, and gave sockets double the amount of second stats than mainstat, so they could compete (still not quite as good though)
    the same thing does not seem to apply to trinkets, where again second stats have to try and compete with agi. (but only on Coren + Relic)

Quote Originally Posted by rustyboy View Post
    I would rank them

Heroic Bottle of Infinite Stars
    Heroic Terror in the Mists
    Relic of Xuen
    Bottle of Infinite Stars
    Terror in the Mists

I'm not 100% sure but I heard that the proc chance (based on critical hits) on the Relic of Xuen has been improved slightly in 5.1 so it's not as bad as some people still think it is. It has a 55 sec ICD which is excellent for BM just as long as it doesn't take 15 secs to proc.

Bottle of Infinite Stars has a 45 sec ICD and procs almost instantly, a heroic version upgraded 2/2 is almost 4k agility on proc for 40% uptime.

Terror in the Mists has a 90 sec ICD which is also very good for Hunter's as it lines up nicely with other abilities.
    terror is 105 sec ICD

Quote Originally Posted by Cerealkillr View Post
    Its the haste proc that is the problem. The BMF trinket is a crit proc, and the BoIS is Mastery which are both better than the haste that comes with Terror. The agility is good, but just doesn't seem to outweigh the boost you get with the agility proc. Haste just doesn't do that much for hunters.. Great for combat rogues, not so much Hunters.
    do you even know what trinkets your talking about?? none of those descriptions match up.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    On the Asian servers experimenting with no 10/25 shared lockout, 25s drop higher ilevel items pre upgraded to 2/4.

I replaced my 0/2 Stone guard heroic bracers with higher ilevel 2/4 ones this week. They come pre upgraded. Also my old 489 bow (0/2) was replaced by today's normal kill bow 497 2/4 upgraded. That's right, normal Emperor dropped a 497 bow which can be upgraded TWICE more.
    WTB this change in raids NAU!

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    do you even know what trinkets your talking about?? none of those descriptions match up.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:14 PM ----------

WTB this change in raids NAU!
    It's working out pretty well right now. They did buff fights by 10%, but it hasn't effect any of our kills so far.

i see this killing 10m though.... its the same issue they ran into in ICC where people will feel they need to do both or HAVE to do 25m for the best gear.

not saying its bad, just saying it will force progression 10s to go to 25s for the best loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i see this killing 10m though.... its the same issue they ran into in ICC where people will feel they need to do both or HAVE to do 25m for the best gear.

not saying its bad, just saying it will force progression 10s to go to 25s for the best loot.
    Better to keep 25 the more popular for serious players. Those who claimed to do 10s for playing with their friends/schedules will continue to do it. Again, a 10% increase in HP and boss damage is nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Better to keep 25 the more popular for serious players. Those who claimed to do 10s for playing with their friends/schedules will continue to do it. Again, a 10% increase in HP and boss damage is nothing to scoff at.
    the thing is overall 10s are the vast majority. there are only a handful of "serious" 25s once you get past the heavy hitters like blood legion who at the start of a raid teir run 5-7 25m raids full of alts just to feed gear to the mains, you see a massive shift.

you get the guild that raid only with mains and most of them at 10 man guilds now. I'm not saying the change is a bad idea, i'm just saying its going to force people into 25s. Face it the reality of the player base is even on a server the size of illidan with its 10k+ players there are only 3-4 english speaking 25m guilds that are actually progressing. Getting 25 competent players even in a pool of 10k players is so hard only 4 guilds manage to do it. That is 1% of that servers population.

Raiding is not the problem its the fact that blizzard has done things like make LFR that REWARD stupid play. For example garalon the first day it was in LFR you could not retard charge the boss, so very very very few pugs killed it, they had to nerf EVERY mechanic of the fight because the majority of the player base cannot do something as simple as not run inside of a purple circle on the ground.

Having better loot in 25m is cool for me as i am in a 25m guild, i'm just saying the QQ brigade will flip out over 25m raids getting superior loot again. I think havin the same pieces of loot just with higher ilvl is a smart choice so you do not have to get 1-2 pieces in then 10m version cause of the stat combo like you had to in ICC.

And on the 10% increase... when people kill bosses with 5 minutes left on enrage 10% more HP is nothing and if they have that much left over time 10% more damage is not something they will notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    Assuming you are talking about Heroic Terror, it has a higher base agility and gains more from upgrades on account of the 30 item level difference as well. I don't think there is any argument that has upgraded TiTM behind Relic. They are very close at 0/2 however.
    There is an argument. H TiTM 2/2 is simming lower than the Relic 2/2 by 90.29 dps for me and they only come close when I change the fight duration to favor H TiTM's ICD/proc. Looking at my logs for almost every single fight, the relic has a higher uptime for me. Which would make the sims favoring H TiTM irrelevant due to being in a real raid environment, it shows that the fights don't favor H TiTM for me.

This is the worst uptime parse that I could find (note that I was the one who was logging):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=1878&e=2189

The fight duration allowed 3 procs on TiTM and 6 with the relic and I got 3 and 6 procs.

28.8% uptime on the relic
    19.2% uptime on N TiTM (not H, but it still has the same ICD and works the same)

Now, some of the other parses showing uptimes I have are very close, but I'd rather have agility over crit.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-07 at 07:09 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    HC BoIS 2/2 + HC TiTM 2/2 are BiS. But HC TiTM 2/2 and RoX 2/2 are very close in values, like around 100 DPS.
    I think this is probably the best post in this thread. We need a sticky with this so I don't have to log in to see 4 new trinket threads every day.

I will be keeping my relic 2/2 with H bottle. Upgrading the relic gives me the most bang for the valor, and once I get to the point where I get H terror ill have other pieces to upgrade. I wouldn't upgrade terror and replace the relic until every other piece is 2/2 and that isn't a very realistic goal.

either i missed it or just not brought up

what about
    relic (2/2)
    titm (lfr)
    bottle (lfr)

Quote Originally Posted by sl00thy View Post

what about
    relic (2/2)
    titm (lfr)
    bottle (lfr)
    There is no argument with RoX and LFR trinkets. Relic of Xuen all the way.

i guess i shoulda wrote that more clear.

i assumed Rox as 1

i was more so about the 2 others as trinket #2
    seems like i can run sims one day and ones xxxdps better than the next day the other is higher..

i guess i shoulda wrote that more clear.

i assumed Rox as 1

i was more so about the 2 others as trinket #2
    seems like i can run sims one day and ones xxxdps better than the next day the other is higher..
    Bottle > TiTM

thanks!

dont know why i never thought to come to this forums.. Always was reading EJ or more so waiting for someone to post again haha

thanks!

dont know why i never thought to come to this forums.. Always was reading EJ or more so waiting for someone to post again haha
    lol yeah EJ kind of died down a bit for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    terror is 105 sec ICD
    Updated my post

I don't think the difference between Relic and H TitM is that different, however the reason why the Relic is so good is due to a number of factors.

- BM is the dominant hunter spec for the current tier in nearly all fights normal/heroic.
    - Relic has high synergy with BM
    - Relic has high synergy with Engineering which is also very popular with Hunters
    - Agility is much higher stat weight wise compared to crit
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2012-12-08 at 01:50 AM.

what about
    relic (2/2)
    titm (lfr)
    bottle (lfr)
    Use bottle and relic. Focus on getting a N or H bottle (which is a lot easier than getting a H titm).

Now myself... im rocking a 2/2 xuen and a 2/4 H Bottle (yes, 2/4).