View Poll Results: Is this expansion worth the money?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Yes

142 70.30%
  • No

35 17.33%
  • Sort of - It has got stale fast

25 12.38%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    We'll Id rather buy a bag of chips, some cola, and whatnot 2 times a month than for my wow sub, so I cancel early inn MOP. I proboaly wouldent even play if it was free

Hoping 5.2 will bring something propor that lets me re-sub, but got no high hopes...5.2 screams welfare epics inn a troll dungeon 5 man, and a new raid, while continueing the daylie trend and barely focusing on pvp balance etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    A jaylock thread that isnt dripping with hidden negativity...oh those polls yes no or maybe it has gotten stale fast...why not maybe Im enjoying it still...Typical, and then the descending in to negative with posts asap.

Anyway yes Good raids, good levelling, bad rep system and dailies overall well worth the sub fee.

It looks like more than 25% of poll respondents do not think that this expansion is worth their money. Very interesting statistics to say the least. Makes me wonder if subs will decline fast like they did during Cata.
    Master baiter...master flame baiter that is. Worthless poll giving worthless information, I dont think you even try anymore :S

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-05 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    A jaylock thread that isnt dripping with hidden negativity...oh those polls yes no or maybe it has gotten stale fast...why not maybe Im enjoying it still...Typical

Anyway yes Good raids, good levelling, bad rep system and dailies overall well worth the sub fee.

Master baiter...master flame baiter that is.
    Its like is his job here on mmo-champion.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-05 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Nice post. Great points.

But why did you put "Are you not entertained?" in Quotes?
    It's a reference to Spartacus, and my closing point that no matter how much content Blizzard provides, we expect them to provide more content, more fun, more, more, more. Just like spectators in the coliseum, we clamor for more blood to be spilled.

Just the first two weeks of play were well worth the money I spent on it. What I spend on it that I actually value is my time and I am getting a great value there also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This should help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

Read it and get back to me lol.
    I don't understand why this was a good comeback, Jaylock. Your sampling, population, and surveying technique all point to being statistically insignificant according to your link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Deleted
    I play everyday since MoP came out, yeah I think it was worth it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No? Are you r... I mean... if not, why keep playing / paying?

It's like listening to a song you don't like.

I really don't enjoy MoP leveling at all. I don't like the quests, I don't like the layout, I don't like how the "China" theme gets so old after a while. Overall though, at 90, it's not that bad. I've been enjoying PvP moreso this expansion (even though it's actually worse off than usual). I've kind of migrated towards that aspect now more than PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    Everything was so boring, felt like WotLK all over again just without any real soul put into it. It's basically just an hollow expansion without any real way of connecting with the players, even cataclysm was able to do that to some extent.
    Your experience is not typical. This expansion has more soul than any other expansion this game has ever had, in my opinion. I actually care about these characters. I care about Pandaria. I felt terrible when both factions ended up destroying the Jade Statue. I raged when i saw that the Horde kidnapped pandaren children to force compliance in Paw'don. I seethe every time I think of those bastard Goblins mucking up the pristine wilderness of Krasarang so close to the Cradle.
    I love Grummles. I really empathized with Suna Silentstrike's meltdown.

To say this expansion is without soul means to me that you haven't really -experienced- it any further than looking for that little yellow text to show you that you completed an objective.

And that makes me sad.

As far as getting moneys worth out of games for me has always been dictated by a single rule of 1$=1hour for me. If a game costs 40$ and I spend 40 or more hours on it then it was worth it. And I have spent a great deal of time on MoP already to make up for an extra month's payment or two. So yeah I got my moneys worth.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This should help you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_(statistics)

Read it and get back to me lol.
    And now we are down to 14%.....

You were saying something?

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutly ! and i forced myself to slow down and since i work more than ever, this expansion is made for me i can do anything when i feel like to

I am enjoying it still but am starting to get bruned out on the dailies. That is no big surprise as I have never liked dailies to begin w/, just sucks that so much is centered around dong the dailies. VP upgrades is a very welcomed addition. Beyond that I feel I have gotten my money's worth.

It's better than Cataclysm. I cancelled, but cancelled the cancel before the sub ran out. Not entirely satisfied, but then entirely satisfying anyone is not Blizzard's goal.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    --SNIP-- (removed by moderator)
    fixed it for you.

Infracted. Don't post to adjust someone else's post in a negative fashion
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-05 at 10:58 PM.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.

Quote Originally Posted by Baene55 View Post
    fixed it for you.
    Considering he stated it was his opinion, and opinions are individual, I'd say you actually broke it.

And if you rage every time you see a Black Friday deal on something you already bought, you need to see some sort of therapist, because your blood pressure must be astronomical at this point.

Best expansion yet so far... and yes I have played since Vanilla. More to do than there ever has been and I like the 1st tier of raids. As long as the future raids are upto scratch i'll be very happy. Also liking the idea of these little patches that don't necessarily introduce new raids (operation shield wall).

No. I unsubbed from it pretty quickly. Cataclysm held my interest longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Considering he stated it was his opinion, and opinions are individual, I'd say you actually broke it.

And if you rage every time you see a Black Friday deal on something you already bought, you need to see some sort of therapist, because your blood pressure must be astronomical at this point.
    But it's ok to rage about video game children being kidnapped.
    I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species.