View Poll Results: Is this expansion worth the money?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Yes

142 70.30%
  • No

35 17.33%
  • Sort of - It has got stale fast

25 12.38%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sure it's worth it. Excellent expansion and lots of stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed I am. Enjoying it much more than Cata.

I unsubbed recently. Hoped I would be interested in it longer but the desire to play dropped off very quickly. Brand new expansion and only a couple weeks in I was just logging in to raid. Then I didn't even want to do that. I don't think the money I spend was worth it. I guess the game and I are just too far along different paths to exist together anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well, all the questing throughout the entire leveling experience does nothing to explain why the mantid, and mogu are dangerous. Its a bunch of random, help farmer zook kill those dang mutated rabbits, and find 20 zillion luckydo's etc. It just does not do a great job making the player feel that is important to go in and do anything to defeat the "threat" on pandaria.
    His opinion, no need to bash it just because it isn't yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my monies worth when I was subbed, this expansion is fantastic, lore etc is very well paced, fresh, interesting and engaging (I like how there's meaning behind the questing, finally) and each zone increases in intensity as you progress and doesn't feel taped together with used tape like previous expansions. Not sure how you're missing the lore associated with the Mogu and Mantid (pay attention maybe? though I'm guessing your intent for this thread is most probably nefarious), there's plenty of explanation and outlay provided, in fact there seems to be a good chunk provided in almost each zone (with more to come in future patches no doubt).

Did you quest through the Dread Wastes at all and if so, did you go through the entire zone just skipping all the quest text?
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I log in everyday and make progress. Expansion is going good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Since it's the second hub you go to after Jade Serpent (which might be skipped if you queue for dungeons right away), and you can easily go from 86-88 just from questing there, it's very possible to miss a lot of the really compelling lore. I think the existence and tone of the zone is fine, but I also think it can feel a bit detached to go there and be worried about annoying rabbits and stubborn weeds when the threat of war is looming overhead.
    I loved the Valley of the Four Winds!

If you want to understand the full story of any WoW expansion, I believe you need to fully quest through all the zones, regardless of when you hit 90. I know a lot of people don't bother when they max out, but that is, like most things in WoW, their choice.

I think Townlong Steppes is actually my least favorite zone (I liked parts of the quests, though) and I'm not a big fan of the southern portion of Kun Lai.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-12-05 at 09:56 PM.

Jade Forest introduction was fantastic.

From there, it was pretty much about discovering the various elements of Pandaria before the troops arrive.

Not really, not anymore. I have to volunteer for the bench because of the mage changes it makes no sense to bring me when people just do more dps now, when before the margin was quite significant. So I'm currently paying $15 to do fuck all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No. I unsubbed from it pretty quickly. Cataclysm held my interest longer.
    This is quite surprising actually when you compare the amount of content. However reasons vary, I found Cataclysm lackluster because I was not interested in any of the story that was going on, that and Deathwing was a letdown compared to Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    This is quite surprising actually when you compare the amount of content. However reasons vary, I found Cataclysm lackluster because I was not interested in any of the story that was going on, that and Deathwing was a letdown compared to Arthas.
    Nothing surprising about it. Progression is simple to slow in Mists. In fact everything in this game is to slow and offers to little reward. Lot's of content isn't that impressive when it's all gated and all rng and all just meant to keep you playing while you get NOWHERE. I much prefered Cataclysm. Yea I was bored 2-3 months in but at least in that 2-3 months I enjoyed myself and felt I was progressing. In mists in the first month I unsubbed because nothing was getting me anywhere and I wasn't progressing. LFR wasn't giving me shit. Dailies weren't giving me shit. I was getting to little valor and the cap was to low. Hell even the NPCS were telling me to go slow. Ultimately it was just frustrating.

In the end their is very little difference between being bored because you don't like what's available to you and being bored because you exhausted everything you liked doing. The latter is probably better. At least I had fun in that model.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-05 at 10:18 PM.

Yeah its been pretty good. Haven't done dailies in a long time, gave up on them really. I would much rather do anything other than the same quest every day for a month. I might go back to them for more token rolls though...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Nothing surprising about it. Progression is simple to slow in Mists. In fact everything in this game is to slow and offers to little reward. Lot's of content isn't that impressive when it's all gated and all rng and all just meant to keep you playing while you get NOWHERE. I much prefered Cataclysm. Yea I was bored 2-3 months in but at least in that 2-3 months I enjoyed myself and felt I was progressing. In mists in the first month I unsubbed because nothing was getting me anywhere and I wasn't progressing. LFR wasn't giving me shit. Dailies weren't giving me shit. I was getting to little valor and the cap was to low. Hell even the NPCS were telling me to go slow. Ultimately it was just frustrating.

In the end their is very little difference between being bored because you don't like what's available to you and being bored because you exhausted everything you liked doing. The latter is probably better. At least I had fun in that model.
    Well anyone has his own reasons to unsub. Some unsub just because their class was nerfed and others just because they dont get the loot they want as fast as they want.

I remenber a few of your posts and i believe the main reason u unsubbed was due to the fact that u were paying to play the game and u werent getting the loot u wanted as frequently as u wanted. Entitlement is a serious issue with gamers lately specially blizzard games.
    Ultimately its their fault to catter to this type of gamers.

But let me ask you this : if u got all the loot u wanted when u wanted what then? Wouldnt u unsub too?
    Last edited by mmoc349aaf9315; 2012-12-05 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    Well anyone has his own reason to unsubbed. Some unsub just because their class was nerfed and others just because they dont get the loot they want as fast as they want.

I remenber a few of your posts and i believe the main reason u unsubbed was due to the fact that u were paying to play the game and u werent getting the loot u wanted as frequently as u wanted. Entitlement is a serious issue with gamers lately specially blizzard games.
    Ultemately its their fault to catter to this type of gamers.

But let me ask you this : if u got all the loot u wanted when u wanted what then? Wouldnt u unsub too?
    Right. See now you'll just reduce my criticism to I'm entitled. You know what that's fine though. Keep telling people who are frustrated with the game that they are entitled. Instead of calling for some moderation and reasonable change you'd rather turn on your fellow players and shit all over them. Good Job. Keep it up. Turn this into cataclysm 2.0

The simple reality is that this game isn't rewarding enough. That doesn't make me entitled, it makes the games reward to time structure extremely poor. It's obviously a balance issue ( I don't expect get everything in a day or a week or a month) and we can agree to disagree on the nature and exact amount of that balance but when you just immediately resort to calling me entitled it helps no one.

To answer your question. It depends. If I got all the loot I wanted in 2-3 months let's say and Blizzard takes 7 months to release new content then yes I would unsub. In either case it leads me to unsubbing. As I said in the one instance I at least enjoyed myself for the couple months I was playing. IN the other case I was bored from the get go.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-05 at 10:34 PM.

Yes. It's better than Cataclysm for sure.

I like the new raids (more than any Cataclysm raid). I'll finish my pandaren ambassador tomorrow (damn you Klaxxi). I explored everything (finished both The Relic Hunter achievement and the new one added in 5.1). I got all my professions to 600 and I'm trying to finish my last cooking achievement which will take me 28 days. After I finish Klaxxi I'll finish my Archaeology and Fishing achievements. This Sunday I'll start doing challange modes. I don't know when I'll start the pet battles.

In Cataclysm all what I had was: raid....and thats it.

Considering I bought this game with money I got from diablo 3 selling a 4-affix item helm without socket, so yeah

Oh nice, they finally banned Jaylock. About time.

From a non raid content standpoint, this is my favorite xpac of all time. I've really enjoyed everything about it, other than dailies after doing enough of them. I don't pvp so I can't speak to that.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-05 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, I tend to always get my monies worth when it comes to wow, because its cheaper than a night at a the cinema :S

its a decent xpac, i just wish there was more to do besides dailies (when not raiding)

blizzard needs some new ideas for content, imo. the solution to people being burnt out on dailies is NOT MORE DAILIES.

make something unique that people WANT to do.

the monthly sub costs less than a movie ticket and i do still enjoy the game so yes i'd say i get my moneys worth.