Poll: So, do you like snow?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Been already -20 here and half a metre of snow, loving it, so does the dog.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eclairs View Post
    Snow is great when it stays up on the hills. Down in residential areas, it can be an absolute nightmare. And it also gathers up a ton of dirt and stuff and is super ugly after a while.
    In bigger cities sure, but in small cities it doesn't get that fugly tainted scheme.

Deleted
    Went with 'Meh, It's alright.'
    Since I like it when there's a thick layer of snow, beautiful to look at, good to play in with friends.
    On the other hand, I hate snow; Cold, wet, messy, impairing

It sucks during the morning, while I bike.

I do this mistake of getting out of bed at 7 every day, and with the snow going on I loss about 4-5 minutes during the morning witch is alot for me, cause biking inn snow sucks.

It's also quit dangerous biking inn snow cause you're more far out on the road now, cause where you normally would stay (At the sidecourt edge, far inn on the road) are blocked by snow, so you're biking out where cars are.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I used to like snow when I was in the Southeast US. We would get snow maybe like twice a year at best. A few years ago we actually got a few feet, which was cool to me then.

Then I moved to the midwest where it was regularly below zero in the winter and it would snow literally all the time. I hated shoveling the driveway and sidewalk all the time, and by myself too. I had a 2 wheel drive truck with the rear tires in the front so my traction in the snow was awful, I absolutely dreaded driving in the snow. Also the city was super hilly, which just added to the stress.

After a year or so I moved back to Virginia and I no longer care for the snow.

I have such a love hate relationship with snow

As a kid i fucking loved the stuff especially when it canceled school

As a adult working for the royal mail i fucking hated it nothing worse troucing through sleet and snow to deliver letters

As someone who now lives in Arizona and never sees the stuff i really do miss it especially around christmas time

I absolutely love snow...unless I have to drive in it. If its on a day off..Bring it on! It looks so pretty, and fun to play in!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it with a passion.

- not snow, but the coldness makes car windscreen freeze up in the morning which is a hassle to deal with.
    - Road can become icy and such, and everyone suddenly drives at fucking 20mph.
    - A walk down to the pub takes longer if you didn't want to slip.
    - it is fucking freezing.
    - girls wears more.

As much as I hate rain also, I prefer rain than snow any day.

No, I fucking hate that white piece of shit. It can melt away in hell for all I care.
    Walking outside 7.00 am to get to school/work, and that shit's 20 cm deep and you have to act like a bloody plow machine just in order to get to a mundane place...

Best part is when the snow actually melts a little, but not too much, thus turns to ice come night, followed by some more snow during the night. Ah, nothing is like snow on ice and the potential risk of hurting yourself.

As for the 1 meter snow covering some tree or whatever, picturesque images of winter, yeah, I can admit it looks decent, but that is until you learn what hell is. And hell is winter.

With regards to the "oh I don't really like snow, but it's nice around chritmas"- people, what the fuck does it matter? I mean, all you're gonna do is just sitting inside your house, right? With lights turned on and eyes on christmas dinner/presents/tree/what have you, you won't really see anything if you attempt to look out the window. Unless you actually are some creepy person who gazes inside someone's house at christmas.

Sorry for my bad language, but I just really fucking hate snow.
    (I live in Norway)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

If it's dry and cold enough to not to turn into shitty wet slush, then for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't go skiing without snow, so it's awesome!
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I used to have this fantasy about living in a place covered in snow. Then I tried it for a year in my 20s. It's hard to have hot gay sex when your penis won't come out of its warm hiding spot in your abdomen. So, I moved away.
    I just tasted the food i just ate again.

OT: Snow is nice during Xmas and Newyears, After that its rather annoying.

From the day I was born until I was twenty one, I lived in the snow belt. As a child lake effect snow off of Lake Erie was awesome in north-eastern Ohio. It meant snow days, forts, snowball fights.

The older I got however, the less time I had to enjoy the snow and the more it just became a hassle with everyday life. Driving in it was a danger, nothing like watching the people around you forget how to drive every winter. I'd have to wake up extra early to shovel it every day. It became something that, on the week days, just caused me more work. It made me miss being a child and knowing that I had a good week of doing nothing but sledding.

Now I've since moved, to an area where I get no snow. I find, Christmas just isn't the same. My perception of time has distorted slightly too. Some days I'll walk outside and forget what time of year it is, because it can't be December, I'm wearing a T-shirt.

In short, I like snow, but not the work that comes with it. I miss being able to enjoy it, instead of "deal" with it.

No, I hate it, but only because it's cold. If it snowed when it was 80 degrees out, that would be cool. I think it looks cool but that's about it. I only want it to snow on Christmas and it NEVER snows on Christmas where I live for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love it ! We have plenty of snow here in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i like it because its rare. where i use to live we got snow for 1 or 2 days every few years, so it was always great fun when it did snow.
    this happens in Austin Texas....but 1cm isn't really "snow" imo, yeah i like it when it happens but its gone within a couple of days (if it even stays cool enough to form that 1c layer...sometimes it just melts soon as it hits the ground)

more often than not just get sleet here...semi-frozen rain...that stuff is NOT fun
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    I love snow. But only when it's fresh and white. After a week or so it starts to get yellow-brownish and I don't like it so much anymore.

During last years though we got less and less snow. This last year we got a bit more in january and february, but mostly we got cold rather then snow. Plus this year they actually lifted it from the side streets too, so my street as well, but they broke my fence, the pavement, etc since they used bulldozers... kinda sad. No more snow and cracked fence.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-12-07 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a news coverage in Taiwan and people were going crazy about sloppy snow... I hate sludge snow, I don't mind the snow that sticks for a bit... hopefully not enough to stop transportation from moving.