Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR and a Screwed up loot system

Ok im going to QQ so feel free to flame.

I ran lfr yesterday did Toes and low and behold no loot no big deal i use extra roll on sha for wepon got gold meh nxt week i rlly dont have fits
    so i do Hof first two bosses drop loot o wait they are downgrades meh ill sell for gold. get to boss i need get gold on bonus roll getting upset by now.
    second half i get my chest token woot wait iv got it three times now. Now i just finished MSV and i get gold wait i saved a roll for a trinket i need guess what i win the pants i have Blizzard FIX YOUR BROKEN ASS RNG.

Im not going to quit wow over something as sad as this or broken but if you guys at Blizzard would like i could probbly come up with a Algorithm that can scan a person and say o wait they dont need and either give gold or give them what they need not items that are downgrades or the same thing.

Rant is done

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    Im not going to quit wow over something as sad as this or broken but if you guys at Blizzard would like i could probbly come up with a Algorithm that can scan a person and say o wait they dont need and either give gold or give them what they need not items that are downgrades or the same thing.

Rant is done
    I'll bet you cant
    Last edited by Smeeh; 2012-12-05 at 07:01 PM.

so wait, youre wanting them to consider what they said they are currently considering?
    •One thing being considered is offering another choice to players that get the same item from a boss repeatedly. This would be some consolation prize like loot, not another item from the boss.
    (source is on the mage page of mmo-champion. ghostcrawler interview)

o, pepito, i cry for you

Valor Points.

This is why they're in the game.

I cant complain, I've pretty much gotten a piece of loot every week that is worth something to me..

got the 2h axe off sha last night ))))))

It's not like you have a much lower chance at getting loot now than you did back when we had to roll for stuff. Previously, loot that is a downgrade for you would just be dropping, or loot that's an upgrade would either not drop, or you'd lose the roll.

As it goes, RNG is RNG.

Most people are going to complain about duplicate loot but it's not as simple as just scanning for whether the person already has the item or not because there are players who will keep multiple copies of an item to swap in for different specs / fights, etc. As a monk for instance, most of my tanking and DPS spec gear is the same, but the reforge on the items is different. As a monk tank, there are times where you might want to reforge heavy into mastery and other times you might want to reforge heavy into stamina, or dodge, etc. While I personally wouldn't hang onto a duplicate piece of gear that was reforged differently for that reason, someone else might. I think a better system would be to bring back the ability to optionally shard the loot when an enchanter is in the raid.

I have 3 copies of HM elegon's chest. using 2 of them a as a rogue (one reforged to make my combat spec exp capped when im in mut reforge.. which is 90% of the time)

Deleted
    4 Chars

5 Weeks of LFR

3 Items on my disc, all of them Shadow items.

Thats all i got. Its so incredible frustrating to see this shitty shit bag of gold popping up

only thing frustrating is doing every weapon boss every week with bonus roll every time, no drops. going in on my alt, first kill a weapon drops, not even bonus roll used. but then again, EVERYTHING in this game is RNG based. no need to whine over rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR isn't intended to be a loot pinata or a path to easymode epics. And say what you will but the new system kicks the sh** out of the old one.

If you want a reliable, slightly less RNG loot system, do normal 10-25 raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feylor View Post
    Most people are going to complain about duplicate loot but it's not as simple as just scanning for whether the person already has the item or not because there are players who will keep multiple copies of an item to swap in for different specs / fights, etc. As a monk for instance, most of my tanking and DPS spec gear is the same, but the reforge on the items is different. As a monk tank, there are times where you might want to reforge heavy into mastery and other times you might want to reforge heavy into stamina, or dodge, etc. While I personally wouldn't hang onto a duplicate piece of gear that was reforged differently for that reason, someone else might. I think a better system would be to bring back the ability to optionally shard the loot when an enchanter is in the raid.
    1) You kill boss
    2) Boss rolls randomly
    3) You win loot!
    4) It checks if you have already have that item, you do so:
    5) It pops up "You win [Item] - You already have this item! Keep or Re-roll item?"
    * Re-roll = It re-rolls all of the items available on that loot table but omits the item(s) that were previously declined, then goes to step 4
    * Keep = grats, you decide to have 2 of the same item.

lower loot drop rates by a small margin to compensate.

Its not so hard for a simple fix, this was thought of and written in less than 3 minutes. Blizzard has the advantage of having multiple highly paid designers whose job it is to create systems in general. There should be no excuse imo, they should know better by now.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2012-12-05 at 08:33 PM.

In summary, you don't understand probability, got unlucky in a way that's possible to get unlucky in any previous and existing loot system in WoW, and are blaming it on the new one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    1) You kill boss
    2) Boss rolls randomly
    3) You win loot!
    4) It checks if you have already have that item, you do so:
    5) It pops up "You win [Item] - You already have this item! Keep or Re-roll item?"
    * Re-roll = It re-rolls all of the items available on that loot table but omits the item(s) that were previously declined, then goes to step 4
    * Keep = grats, you decide to have 2 of the same item.

lower loot drop rates by a small margin to compensate.

Its not so hard for a simple fix, this was thought of and written in less than 3 minutes. Blizzard has the advantage of having multiple highly paid designers whose job it is to create systems in general. There should be no excuse imo, they should know better by now.
    They can't really lower the drop rate. People complain that it is too low now as it is. Better to convert duplicate items into enchanting mats or gold.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    In summary, you don't understand probability, got unlucky in a way that's possible to get unlucky in any previous and existing loot system in WoW, and are blaming it on the new one anyway.
    The reason that not many people did scenarios is because you got literally nothing out of it unless you got lucky 10% of the time. Now imagine that there are people out there that have done LFR since the start, used 3 coins every week and received nothing. No one likes putting time into things which are meant to reward something and come out with nothing but a repair bill.

Myself? I have done every boss every week and used coins and received 3 items. 1 was a downgrade and got vendored, 1 was a DPS trinket (I queued as tank) and 1 item was actually useful. Just count how many bosses that was since LFR was released and add a few extras for coins and you will get the point.
    PS: This includes Sha of Anger, I have received nothing from Sha yet.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    They can't really lower the drop rate. People complain that it is too low now as it is. Better to convert duplicate items into enchanting mats or gold.
    Well if you add a system which is going to increase the amount of valuable loot then the loot in general from LFR is going to increase by a hell of a lot. If there is going to be a system implemented for duplicate items then they will likely take down the chance of loot dropping by a small margin (Nothing major, just to offset the extra loot people will be getting).

I love how people can just blame it all on RNG or probability. It still doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly frustrating to get zero out of every single LFR every single week (like it's been on my hunter, including the extra rolls for tier), and that ALONE has nothing to do with getting the same item repeatedly. Not to mention, @Eijin, it says some OTHER consolation prize NOT FROM THE BOSS'S LOOT TABLE; so what will this be? Downgrade blues? I like how they don't really go into detail, but this should've been decided upon long ago.

To OP:
    Big problem here - they don't want to "fix" this...
    This broken RNG keeps you coming back for more.

I guess on a side note - nothing is worse about the LFR looting system than before - it's only BETTER. you have MORE chance at loot than before. If something you needed didn't drop or you didn't win the roll before you got NOTHING. Now, you get some money - and/or a bonus roll for loot. How are people complaining about this - I am starting to see the complain first attitude and it's disturbing.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-12-05 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    The reason that not many people did scenarios is because you got literally nothing out of it unless you got lucky 10% of the time. Now imagine that there are people out there that have done LFR since the start, used 3 coins every week and received nothing. No one likes putting time into things which are meant to reward something and come out with nothing but a repair bill.
    I haven't gotten anything out of a normal raid in over a month. It's a combo of having good gear from a few lucky weeks and bad luck in not having certain pieces drop. This can also happen after repeated 5 mans. This is not a "problem" that started with the new LFR loot system.

I have no clue what the OP said. Punctuation is your friend...

But what is stupid as shit is getting an LFR item that you have the normal version of, then not letting me give it away. Also make the gold bags sometimes give VP.