High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

askmrrobot / icy-veins / noxxic question

I've usually gemmed for mastery if possible and askmrrobot has prompted me to use mastery gems and such in certain sockets, but when I went to the site to check on a recent upgrade, it's telling me to change several of my gems to pure stamina gems. Has something with 5.1 changed that I'm unaware of? What type of actual hp threshhold should I be looking to have? I know my armory won't really show it, but I'm around 550-560k unbuffed.

armory - Daovan

I also just received the lfr tier shoulders, should I replace my current shoulders in favor of the 4 pc bonus?

Mastery is still king. I really don't trust those sights as much as I do EJ. All 3 of those sites show different things sometimes. Honestly, if you need to know how to gem/enchant your stuff, just check people in the top raiding guilds on WoWProgress.com and check their gear. They're not doing it wrong.

Hey Daovan, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Good question!

We recently updated the weight on Stamina for tanks after some research and feedback. A higher stamina build makes it easier to live through spiky damage. Now, this isn't going to be best for every player, and it depends on how your healers are doing too. Feel free to edit the stat weights and lower stamina a bit if you were staying alive in your raids.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by heath1056 View Post
    if you need to know how to gem/enchant your stuff, just check people in the top raiding guilds on WoWProgress.com and check their gear. They're not doing it wrong.
    They also have healers who aren't doing it wrong, and are raiding content that most people aren't. That not to say you shouldn't be looking at what the top players are doing, because you totally should. Just don't copy what they do because you have to realize they aren't in your exact situation and raid team. Only you (and your healers) can decide if you have enough stamina.