Poll: Continue uploading 86-90 ?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Realm 1st - Leveling 85-86 in 1 Hour 10 Mins

What you need if you really want to lvl fast. ( if you have those items you will save 1-2hours during questing from 85-90, it is very possible to lvl up from 85 to 90 if you are using MoP flasks / Potions . I did it in almost 7hours with cata flasks / potions )

- Flasks x10
    - Food x40
    - Intell / Agi / Str Potion x40
    - Healing Potion x40
    - Bandage x20
    - Drums of Forgotten Kings x2
    - Runescroll of Fortitude x2
    - Swiftness potion x40
    - Lesser Invisibility Potion x40
    - Swim Speed Potion x40
    - Runspeed Boot enchant
    - 15%, 10% and 5% Guild Standards ( Guild Standards should be used on cooldown - Bind them to your most spammable ability )
    - Traveler's Tundra Mammoth ( Helps alot aswell )

Keybindings

Bind "Show Friendly Nameplates" and "Interact with Friendly Target". There could be a huge amount of people that will block NPCs with their mounts. ( Was mainly needed for realm 1st )

AddOns

kAutoQuest
    NPCScan
    Selljunk

Macros

/click WatchFrameItem1

This macro uses quest-specific items.

If you aren't using Selljunk , You can replace it with macros

----Sell all Gray items in your bag----

/run for b=0,4 do for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b)do local n=GetContainerItemLink(b,s)if n and strfind(n,"ff9d9d9d") then print("Selling "..n)UseContainerItem(b,s)end end end

----Sell all Green items in your bag---- ( this macro will sell all greens including the green battle standard so keep the green battle standard the last item in your bag so you can buy it back easily)

/run for b=0,4 do for s=1,GetContainerNumSlots(b)do local n=GetContainerItemLink(b,s)if n and strfind(n,"ff1eff00") then print("Selling "..n)UseContainerItem(b,s)end end end

-----This macro will put all MoP cloth in your bank -----

/run for b=0,4 do for s=0,22 do l=GetContainerItemLink(b,s) if l and l:find("Windwool Cloth")then UseContainerItem(b,s) end end end

---- If you are using a caster dps , this macro will equip the gear upgrades you need if you have 390+ epic cata gear or 415 MoP crafted gear---

/equip Swampwalker Cowl
    /equip Mindbender Trousers
    /equip Mindbender Cuffs
    /equip Oakhide Choker
    /equip Cloak of Seething Hatred
    /equip Swampwalker Treads
    /equip Band of the Dance Ritual
    /equip Band of Terror
    /equip Dusklight Band
    /equip Amberglow Choker

Guild Standards

Guild standards work only for mob kill experience. you should buy all three guild standards and use them on cooldown for the bonus exp,. ( They don't share the same cooldown )

Zones

1. Jade Forest (85-86)

- On the very 1st quest , leave the vehicle as soon as you sink the 2nd ship.
    - You can use Swiftness potions during the vehicle quests in Pearlfin Village , they works & increase your speed.
    - Your hearth stone should be set to Heart's Blossom as soon as you get there. Hearthstone back once you hit lvl 86 to head to Valley of the 4 winds. ( Follow the videos for a detailed guide where to put your hearthstone at every point )
    - Beware of Horde once you reach the northern part of the map.
    - Leave Jadeforest as soon as you hit 86

2. Valley of the Four Winds , Krarasang Winds(86-87)

-Set your hearth to Thunderfoot Acres as soon as you reach there.
    -Leave those zones & go to kun lai summit as soon as you hit 87

3. Kunlai Summit (87-88)
    Stay in Kun lai summit till you have progressed 15% into lvl 88

4. Townlong Steppes (88-89)
    You should complete all quests here except yak one , it takes 5mins ( waste of time ) then head to Dread wastes , at that time you be have 5-10% into lvl 89

5. Dread Wastes (89-90)
    You all do all quests here but the questing path in this zone is really tricky to finish it in less than 2 hours, It will be explained in the videos.

Please like/dislike the video so i know if i should upload 86-90 or not. ( it took me 3 days to Re-record, Edit & upload 85-86 )

Here is what you should expect from this guide.

85-86 1hour 10mins
    86-87 1hour 30mins
    87-88 1hour 43mins
    89-89 roughly 2hours
    89-90 2hours 5mins

This is the time i spent leveling for realm 1st 90 ( using all buffs mentioned above with Cata food / flasks / potions & 403 ilvl gear with dragonwrath ) i believe it can be 1hour faster with MoP flasks / food / potions & those ilvl 415 crafted gear with 450 weapons.

Edit : Awesome weps for lvling alts thanks to Feio

http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=...33;crs=1;crv=0
    Last edited by amherian; 2012-12-05 at 09:42 PM.

And how is this relevant? I'm pretty sure all realms already have a level 90 on them already.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much effort for a video game Think I will just read the quests and level at a regular speed.

Cool guide, but I think this is pretty standard leveling speed for people who actually level and don't just mess around while they're online. Especially for those classes who can aoe grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    And how is this relevant? I'm pretty sure all realms already have a level 90 on them already.
    Ya , i made this for people that want to lvl fast . I had many requests atleast from my server on how i got it solo.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much effort for a video game Think I will just read the quests and level at a regular speed.
    Ya i lvled over 15 times on beta to figure this out , i just wanted to share if for any1 who want to lvl fast

I did one character on beta and got realm first 90. Grit and granola bars is all one needs. If anyone was going to level "fast" they'd already of done it.

40 swim speed potions.... haha laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I did one character on beta and got realm first 90. Grit and granola bars is all one needs. If anyone was going to level "fast" they'd already of done it.

40 swim speed potions.... haha laughable.
    Guess u didn't do dreadwastes

Quote Originally Posted by amherian View Post
    Guess u didn't do dreadwastes
    Anyone leveling with half a brain won't do most of Dread Wastes, let alone the south hell hole. I skipped every dungeon and most of valley and only had to do a few Dead Wastes quests. With 0 rested.

I leveled once to 90 on beta, and 2-3 times to 86 and still got realm first 90. You're putting too much effort in stuff that doesn't really require effort. Got it in 13 hours, raw solo questing, no dungeoneering.

Anyone leveling with half a brain won't do most of Dread Wastes, let alone the south hell hole. I skipped every dungeon and most of valley and only had to do a few Dead Wastes quests. With 0 rested.
    Ya but how long did it take u to 90? there is NOWAY to lvl 85-90 in 7hours with doing anything other than questing. I don't know about you but i got realm 1st on 1 of the highest populated realms on EU.

You really can't skip dreadwaste lol, unless u know some other way to lvl from 89 to 90 in 2hours please share it, I highly doubt there is a way to do so unless u are talking about exploiting.

I got realm first without ever having played the content before on beta. The stuff you are mentioning are useful if you want the fastest possible way to level 90, but obviously wasnt necessary : >
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

I made it in 7 hours

What's wrong with Dread Wastes? The zone is cake.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    What's wrong with Dread Wastes? The zone is cake.
    Ya it is awesome for lvling if u know the quest path but those water quests can be annoying with come competition.

I made it in 7 hours
    You keep mentioning that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    You keep mentioning that.
    I just want to know if people are interested in those guides so i can continue or not , editing & uploading takes alot of time T.T

Ya it is awesome for lvling if u know the quest path but those water quests can be annoying with come competition.
    Yeah, you have to not suck, but I thought that applied to everything.

Deleted
    If this thread is dedicated to alt leveling then I've got something for you: Don't forget these! (most important for fast leveling imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    If this thread is dedicated to alt leveling then I've got something for you: Don't forget these! (most important for fast leveling imo)
    Ya that is true , but they req lvl 86 , you can buy 450 weps from AH that is usable at 85 but they are expensive

Thanks for linking those i forgot to add them

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    Did I just go back in time to September?
    i think so