Poll: Which is the worst casting decision in movie history?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So many to choose from....

Michael Clark Duncan as the Kingpin in Daredevil. I love him but him playing as a bad guy; just seemed wrong and unbelievable.

Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. No charisma. Needed someone who can switch between light to believably dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I just remembered.

Tobey Maguire, god, I hated him on the Spiderman movies, horrible. He didn't fit at all as Spiderman.
    This. Andrew Garfield did a much better job.

George Clooney as Batman. Didn't fit at all. Neither did Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Elijah Wood as Matt Buckner in Green Street. Got the well spoken part down fine but the hardman bits were off.

Bradd Pitt in Snatch. He played the part well but come on.....brad pitt as a pikey.
    Last edited by hammock; 2012-12-06 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Where is Ben Affleck as Daredevil?
    Add to the fact that in the suit he looked like The Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Am I allowed to say Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan? If so, her
    Haven't read the books, but my understanding is that she nailed her portrayal of a vapid, personality-free husk of a character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Kevin Costner was very good as Robin Hood. It's better than having some young pretty boy when everyone else looks aged and period-appropriate. Now, Tom Cruise as Reacher... that is mind boggling. He's like 5'3" or something! That role needed a more rugged or hard-looking fellow. I wonder if Cruise is one of the producers....

Keanu Reeves is a great actor! What else do you expect from a God who's had eternity to work on his craft, and he can only get better!

Constantine, Matrix, Scanner Darkly, Johnny Mneumonic, The Replacements?!!? I mean, they are relatively entertaining movies

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Keanu Reeves is a great actor! What else do you expect from a God who's had eternity to work on his craft, and he can only get better!

Constantine, Matrix, Scanner Darkly, Johnny Mneumonic, The Replacements?!!? I mean, they are relatively entertaining movies
    You forgot Point Break. Reeves has had some good roles, but he doesn't have any kind range...

I've got to go with Sean Connery in Highlander.

Deleted
    Mila Kunis as Mona Sax in Max Payne.
    The dude that plays Max Payne in Max Payne.
    They guy that wrote the story for Max Payne the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You forgot Point Break. Reeves has had some good roles, but he doesn't have any kind range...

I've got to go with Sean Connery in Highlander.
    He's got range. My bet is he's sticking with this "role" for about a century then move onto a different role.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The entirety of the cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the live movie. It's also one of the worst movies ever made.
    forever this
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Going with the poll, ignoring the 'OTHER'... John Wayne as Genghis Khan?

/shudders

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    just cus you didnt like him didnt mean he didnt play the role of Ani/DV poorly though.
    Was your double negative on purpose? :P By that statement (if I'm not reading it wrong from lack of sleep), you meant Anni was played poorly by him. To which I agree, Hayden's acting was horri-totalcrappa-ble. Here I was, expecting a precocious, extremely strong individual who understood the Force in a way no one else could, but plagued by an arrogance from the amount of raw power he could not fully understand. But we got an angsty teen thinking with his "lightsaber" and only slightly talented.

Nick Stahl as John Connor in Terminator 3

Obvious answer is obvious
    John Wayne as Genghis Khan (yes really)
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Jack Nicholson in anything. He plays the SAME character, which just happens to be himself, in every single film. He has no range whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Before they turned Ryan Reynolds into dude peel, he was a great deadpool with his witty antics and verbal flair. then they ruined it. I would fullly support a Deadpool movie staring Ryan Reynolds.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:18 PM ----------

just cus you didnt like him didnt mean he didnt play the role of Ani/DV poorly though.
    Oh but he did. His acting was so poor. I would rather see another movie with JarJar Binks than him as Darth Vader.

Collin Farrell in the new Total Recall. I was seriously so pissed when i first heard about this.

Genghis Khan by far, i don't think anything in history of cinema could compare. While Cruise is kinda small for Jack Reacher, he's at least a decent actor, they could've casted male equivalent to Kirsten Stewart instead.

Denise Richards had my vote on that one.

Maggie Q as Mai Shuranui in King of Fighters.
    Raul Julia as M. Bison in Street Fighter the Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Maggie Q as Mai Shuranui in King of Fighters.
    Raul Julia as M. Bison in Street Fighter the Movie.
    Unfortunately, they didn't do much better with Neal McDonough in THE LEGEND OF CHUN-LI