Poll: Which is the worst casting decision in movie history?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. What the hell were they thinking!?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    wait that was foreman?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern. What the hell were they thinking!?
    Was he that bad? All I was doing was looking at his looks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    anything with the cast from entourage, with the exception of jeremy piven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    Anything starring Ryan Reynolds
    Disagree, I LOVE Ryan Reynolds. Don't hate on him just cuz of The Green Lantern.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted

CLassic fail casting. Great actor, but a horrible choice for that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Val Kilmer's Batman or maybe Russel Brand(in general)
    sTyLnk...could not agree more I have never once seen her show an emotion not even in her roles as a child or at a movie premier getting photos taken possibly the worst actress in recent years.
    Russell Brand was awesome in Forgetting Sarah Marshal..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Am I allowed to say Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan? If so, her
    You can't take a bad actress, a bad script based off a bad book, and make movie gold out of it, it just doesn't happen.

Also, if you want to talk about bad casting, how about Shea Lebouf (or however the fuck you spell his name) in the Transformers movies? Great films, but he is just such a shitty actor.

The entire cast of the Eragon movie with the exception of Brom. I think Jeremy Irons did good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Maggie Q as Mai Shuranui in King of Fighters.
    Raul Julia as M. Bison in Street Fighter the Movie.
    I thought Kylie Minogue was way worse in street fighter
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    So many to choose from....

Michael Clark Duncan as the Kingpin in Daredevil. I love him but him playing as a bad guy; just seemed wrong and unbelievable.

Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker. No charisma. Needed someone who can switch between light to believably dark.

This. Andrew Garfield did a much better job.

George Clooney as Batman. Didn't fit at all. Neither did Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze.

Elijah Wood as Matt Buckner in Green Street. Got the well spoken part down fine but the hardman bits were off.

Brad Pitt in Snatch. He played the part well but come on.....brad pitt as a pikey.
    To be fair, most of those movies were horrible from conception, especially the Batman movie with George Clooney, bad scripting really didn't do him justice. I think ultimately had the script not sucked so much complete ass and the plot lines not be completely thrown together and tacky, it would have worked. Arnold as Mr Freeze would have been badass if the part had been written properly. Never saw Snatch or Green Street though. Toby Maguire as Spiderman was absolutely insulting though, but again, the movies had such atrocious writing to them as well which didn't help things either, but he was such an emo little bitch for most of his role in each of the films that it wasn't even worth watching.

Everyone in Rock of Ages. ESPECIALLY Russel Brand, cast in a part that should in any decently-run universe have gone to Jack Black.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I thought Kylie Minogue was way worse in street fighter
    This and the whole dragonball evolution cast, I mean seriously? Also Piccolo looks so butchered...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    insert picture of Hugo Weaving as Elrond
    CLassic fail casting. Great actor, but a horrible choice for that part.
    100% disagree

Denise Richards got my vote. When I flip by and see that movie I'll watch it just to see her introduce herself as Dr. Christmas Jones.LOL

Deleted
    I think it's more important they use good actors, rather than just finding a mediocre/bad actor that might look like how people are portrayed in books.

Like a couple of years ago when the wow movie was hot stuff, there was a poll on who should play thrall if he would be in it. people voted for ron perlman because he looks like a gorilla, and so do orcs (a little). He's one of the fucking worst actors on earth tho.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    George Lazenby's Bond is almost universally proclaimed the worst, but the writing and the role of that god-awful movie are more responsible than the American actor.
    Might have something to do with the fact that he's Australian, not American. I mean seriously, Americans stealing our actors! It's not like we steal actors, after all, it's not like Sam Neill and Russell Crowe are actually from New Zealand or something...oh wait.

OT: Tom Cruise as anything after about the mid 90s (Jerry Maguire is the last decent film he made) is just bad....but as you point out, that's because he's a average actor, not because the role is just wrong for him.

Orlando Bloom as soldier in Black Hawk Down is a bit odd but I suppose it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The entirety of the cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the live movie. It's also one of the worst movies ever made.
    True +1 internets for you

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Marvel hasn't, but...

Jaimie Fox will be playing Electro in the Amazing Spider-Man sequel.
    Michael Clark Duncan played Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin in Daredevil.

So there's a couple of race swaps from comic to movies for Marvel properties (owned by Sony and Fox respectively).

Doesn't look much like Samuel L. Jackson, does he?

The swap doesn't bother me, but the above was the Nick Fury I grew up with...

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Like a couple of years ago when the wow movie was hot stuff, there was a poll on who should play thrall if he would be in it. people voted for ron perlman because he looks like a gorilla, and so do orcs (a little). He's one of the fucking worst actors on earth tho.
    Wow, dude, you're insane. Ron Perlman is awesome. If you're saying he's one of the "worst actors on Earth", I'm guessing you REALLY haven't watched very many movies(or tv shows).

Nick Fury is based off of the Ultimates universe, at the end of the day Sam L Jackson is better then David Hasselhoff.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Hayden Christensen isn't a bad actor. They just gave him the most horrible lines and angles, it wasn't his fault.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.