View Poll Results: Which is the worst casting decision in movie history?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Cruise as a six-foot-five 250lb blonde guy

10 5.35%
  • Vince Vaughn as the Psycho

2 1.07%
  • Sean Connery as an Egyptian Spanish Immortal

8 4.28%
  • Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist

27 14.44%
  • Kevin Costner as Robin Hood

6 3.21%
  • John Wayne as Genghis Khan (yes really)

20 10.70%
  • Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader

62 33.16%
  • Sofia Coppola as not the director's daughter

7 3.74%
  • Keanu Reeves in anything except Bill & Ted

12 6.42%
  • Other (and PLEASE elaborate!)

33 17.65%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nick Fury is based off of the Ultimates universe, at the end of the day Sam L Jackson is better then David Hasselhoff.

Hayden Christensen isn't a bad actor. They just gave him the most horrible lines and angles, it wasn't his fault.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Mila Kunis as Mona Sax in Max Payne.
    The dude that plays Max Payne in Max Payne.
    They guy that wrote the story for Max Payne the movie.
    I have to say, I gave that film a shot and I thought it was semi decent. I have seen worse. Mila Kunis is a decent actress, Mark Wahlberg is an amazing actor. If you disagree, you should watch The Big Hit . It's really not poorly cast. I think some are mistaken "worst casting" with "films I disliked".

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Raul Julia as M. Bison in Street Fighter the Movie.
    Raul Julia was actually the only decent actor in that entire film. It might've not been an amazing cast, but as mentioned, alot better then Kylie Minogue. He portraits the baddie pretty well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    people voted for ron perlman because he looks like a gorilla, and so do orcs (a little). He's one of the fucking worst actors on earth tho.
    Ron Perlman is surely not one of the worst fucking actors on earth. You should get some grip and start realising this thread is about worst casting.
    Ron Perlman is ace in Sons of Anarchy. (yes, he does have a monkey face XD)

Also, not mentioned but it's the main reason I can't watch the show.... David Caruso... In anything he does, but he made CSI Miami uninteresting from the get-go! Leading a show like that, after getting used to "Grissom" in CSI Las Vegas is an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Hayden Christensen isn't a bad actor. They just gave him the most horrible lines and angles, it wasn't his fault.
    That's kinda true but he could have done better, but tbh, I don't think he used to be a great actor, that is why his role was very awkward to watch. o.O

Doesn't look like samuel l jackson at all, oh wait...

Not sure if it was mentioned but Nicholas Cage... GHOSTRIDER :-( Why God Why.

I picked John Wayne as Genghis Khan. I never knew about this one, I mean WOW what in the world were they thinking when they did that?
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

Russell Crowe as Robin Hood. Everything about it is epic fail, not least his hilariously bad and weirdly indefinable accent.

Hayden christensen, almost ruined my love for Star wars.
    Think of the hubris it must take to yank a soul out of non existence into this... meat, to force a life into this... thresher. That"s... so my daughter, she spared me the sin of being a father. - Rust Cohle

Charlton Heston as a Mexican is always one of my favorites

there's plenty more bad ones, I'm sure I will remember them

Kristen Kreuk as Chun Li comes to mind

oh and it really irks me when every roman/greek/historical non-british person is always british actors
    it really came to a head for me when they had Brad Pitt as Achilles using an accent, was it a greek accent? GUESS AGAIN

brits tend to play nazis a lot too, but there are plenty of movies that do a good job of employing german actors, several of whom largely built their careers playing nazi villains

re-make casts are generally gross, but thats hard to counter, re-makes just need to not be made to solve that problem

Quote Originally Posted by Amalama View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned but Nicholas Cage... GHOSTRIDER :-( Why God Why.
    Fully agree. Didn't like him in Gone in Sixty Seconds either. In my opinion Cage is just not suited to play badass/macho roles.

My own nomination would be Sophie Turner playing Sansa in Game Of Thrones. She is not bad actress by any means, but I just can't accept her as Sansa.
    BLANK

I would say not only Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader but also his love interest, what's her name. It never seemed like there was any chemistry between the two. While I still think there was great chemistry among the original trilogy's cast.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I would say not only Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader but also his love interest, what's her name. It never seemed like there was any chemistry between the two. While I still think there was great chemistry among the original trilogy's cast.
    Padmé?

Lol, I feel ashamed, I can't really remember, it's been atleast one year since I saw the 6 episodes.

I really wasn't too happy with kirsten dunst as Mary Jane in Spiderman myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Padmé?

Lol, I feel ashamed, I can't really remember, it's been atleast one year since I saw the 6 episodes.
    Hehe... That was her. Is it a bad sign that I'm not even willing to google it to find out the actresses name? It was so terribly bland.

I have a few, maybe not some of the worst casting in the history of cinema, but off the top of my head:
    Keanu Reeves in Bram Stoker’s Dracula
    Kevin Spacey in Se7en (love the actor, liked the movie, disliked the casting choice for some reason)
    Chris Evans in The Avengers
    Kevin Bacon in Mystic River
    Edward Norton in Kingdom of Heaven
    Robert De Niro in Red Lights
    Shia LaBeouf in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    Leonardo DiCaprio in Gangs of New York

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Jack Nicholson in anything. He plays the SAME character, which just happens to be himself, in every single film. He has no range whatsoever.
    Okay, this is where I have to step in. What the serious fuck. No. I don’t even wanna say a single word. This is too ridiculous. Holy shit.

- Chris Evans as Cap America (baby face)
    - Nic Cage as Ghostrider

and a complete winner in my book

- WENTWORTH MILLER AS CHRIS REDFIELD

Seriously, this film is an absolute piece of shit but if there is one thing they got wrong in every single aspect, it was Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    My own nomination would be Sophie Turner playing Sansa in Game Of Thrones. She is not bad actress by any means, but I just can't accept her as Sansa.
    Myself, I can't imagine anyone else as Sansa. On top of her portrayal being spot-on, she is a borderline hottie and will propably turn out to be one of more recogniseable actresses in near future which is makes casting her even better decision.

credits: Supernerd

Hehe... That was her. Is it a bad sign that I'm not even willing to google it to find out the actresses name? It was so terribly bland.
    It's not bad that you didn't, I didn't too. xD

And yeah, her acting was pretty bad. Tbh, now that I think of it, almost every one from the 2 trilogy was a pretty shitty actor, asides from Mace, the Chancelor and problaby Obi Wan and his master, I can't really remember now.

I need to watch everything!

The reason is that Lucas can not write believable romance dialog. It was doomed from the start.

Any film with Bill Paxton in - crap actor