Poll: Which is the worst casting decision in movie history?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Id rather have a Sam Jackson then a David Hasselhoff like that god awful film he starred in.
    Oh damn that would be hilarious.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    entire cast of twilight. any live action movie based on an anime ie: DBZ. any movie with adam sandler, seth rogen, and mila kuniz.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

God damn some of you people are so critical.... I can see why some of you are on here instead of hanging it with your "friends"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Also disliked Edward Norton as The Hulk
    really? I thought he was a lot better than the guy they got for the first Hulk movie... can't remember his name, that's how bad he was... although I did like Ruffalo in the Avengers movie

the whiny Canadian as Darth Vader is my second choice, first place goes to... Will Ferrell in any movie where his name is listed first. great background character, loved him as Mugatu in Zoolander, Willenholly in J&SB Strike Back, Mustafa in the Austin Powers movies; cannot stand him in Elf, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Deleted
    Samuel L Jackson in the Star Wars prequels. Maybe not the worst, and those films are pretty weak regardless, but I felt like he was meant to be some form of reliable wise character that people could look up to, but instead he just looked boring and emotionless with every line. Jackson is much better for playing animated characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    really? I thought he was a lot better than the guy they got for the first Hulk movie... can't remember his name, that's how bad he was... although I did like Ruffalo in the Avengers movie

the whiny Canadian as Darth Vader is my second choice, first place goes to... Will Ferrell in any movie where his name is listed first. great background character, loved him as Mugatu in Zoolander, Willenholly in J&SB Strike Back, Mustafa in the Austin Powers movies; cannot stand him in Elf, Talladega Nights, Step Brothers...
    The problem with Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn and Adam Sandler is they always play the same fucking character and do it the same way.
    Putin khuliyo

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Padmé?

Lol, I feel ashamed, I can't really remember, it's been atleast one year since I saw the 6 episodes.
    What, you mean Natalie Portman? She is a good actress, she got stuck in a shit role with a shit script that wasn't believable. She has been in some good films though, like V for Vendetta, Closer and Black Swan. I'd say her acting skills are pretty good considering she has had numerous award nominations and won some rather prestigious awards from the Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild and an Academy award. She has been better in recent years I think and Star Wars did no justice to her ability to act, since the role was a laughable joke with a terrible script from start to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    What, you mean Natalie Portman? She is a good actress, she got stuck in a shit role with a shit script that wasn't believable. She has been in some good films though, like V for Vendetta, Closer and Black Swan. I'd say her acting skills are pretty good considering she has had numerous award nominations and won some rather prestigious awards from the Golden Globes, Screen Actors Guild and an Academy award. She has been better in recent years I think and Star Wars did no justice to her ability to act, since the role was a laughable joke with a terrible script from start to end.
    "Ani . . . you're breaking my heart!"

Gag!

But then, who can blame her? Not sure even Morgan Freeman could deliver that terrible line and make it good.
    Putin khuliyo

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    "Ani . . . you're breaking my heart!"

Gag!

But then, who can blame her? Not sure even Morgan Freeman could deliver that terrible line and make it good.
    Pretty much, it was a stupid role that belonged to someone who can't act, it's too bad people still see her in that kind of role because it was still early in her career, because she has done great work in other films since.

Deleted
    How dare you sir! Bill Paxton is very good actor. The only actor to be in Terminator, Aliens and and Predator franchises.
    *cough* Lance Henrikson *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, it was a stupid role that belonged to someone who can't act, it's too bad people still see her in that kind of role because it was still early in her career, because she has done great work in other films since.
    I liked her role in V for Vendetta. She's not a bad actress.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    *cough* Lance Henrikson *cough*
    Not in Predator one, two or three. Dont you dare mention AVP because thats a different franchise and sucks hard.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Am I allowed to say Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan? If so, her
    Indeed, and not only as Bella. I have nothing against Kristen Steward, but was also checking Snow White and the Huntsman and I don't know, in all her roles she's so devoid of emotion, I can't explain, she's just bad. Like really bad. She's missing the talent. I can see she exercised much for her roles, but she still lacks the talent and it can be seen.

Deleted
    I actually think she did pretty good considering the circumstances...

Also, Hayden Christen didn't help much, but tbh, I think the script is to be blamed here but even so. Meh, I think she did fairly good.
    Not in Predator one, two or three. Dont you dare mention AVP because thats a different franchise and sucks hard.
    No. AvP does not suck.

Okay, maybe a little bit.... The second movie was pretty shitty but the first one was pretty decent.

Deleted
    AVP is hilarious, I highly recommend the DVD commentary, makes it a much better film.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    No. AvP does not suck.
    I am inclined to disagree. I thought the first was bad, and the second was awful. A damn shame too, cause the original AvP script was badass(it was mostly based on the first very Dark Horse AvP comics series). Unfortunately, that script wasn't used, and they went with a much, much weaker one with an almost totally different plot instead.

Deleted
    Actually On her majestys secret service is hailed as one of the very best Bond films by many Bond geeks..

I´ll go with Hayden in Star Wars and the entire DBZ film including the nutless monkey who wrote the script.

And looking at your Jack Reacher bit, I would also add The running man, in the Stephen King/Bachmann book he is a 6.2 thin gangly black man, in the movie he is played by Arnold.

Any Dane except Nikolai Coster Waldau and Connie Nielsen in an english speaking role. But might just be the English with danish/copenhagen accent sounds a lot worse to danes.

And before that as well, she was fantastic in Leon
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-12-14 at 10:43 AM.