Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[10 Man Normal Garalon]Enough DPS?

Hey guys. We had our first few attempts on Garalon last night and were wiping at 20% with about 2 minutes to go because we would accidentally switch pheromones 2-3 times near the wipe. If we shore that up and our DPS goes at the pace it is, will we be able to kill Garalon?

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8584&e=8994

No, you need about 100k more dps output. Our first kill, which was seconds before the enrage we did 523k dps total.

I'm not sure if this works as well in 10m, but for 25m we have only melee/tanks on legs, and ranged just turret the boss. That might help your very low Fire Mage at least (Fire got nerfed pretty hard; might want to think about switching specs).

Quote Originally Posted by FoodProduct View Post
    That might help your very low Fire Mage at least (Fire got nerfed pretty hard; might want to think about switching specs).
    No, the Fire Mage is just terrible. Spec won't make a difference. His Living Bomb uptime is only 40-50%. Ignite uptime is only ~60% too. Ignite is applied every time he hits the boss. He also has 17 Inferno Blasts but only 13 Pyros, yet he had 20 Pyro procs. Active time is only ~80%. I don't understand.

What kind of gear do we need to be in? We full cleared Mac twice and this is our second week in hof

Deleted
    Yeah, more DPS is required.

At the end of our first kill, we were at 542k DPS and we killed him ON the enrage timer.

Maybe try 2 healing it? That's what we did. Druid and Shammy healers.

Last edited by mmoc208eb2e059; 2012-12-05 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wownerd2012 View Post
    What kind of gear do we need to be in? We full cleared Mac twice and this is our second week in hof
    Enough to do 550k raid DPS:
    -70k from tanks
    -10k from healers (they can do a lot more, but yours are extremely low as it is)
    470k/5 = 94k per person, on average

I took a peek at the armory of a few of your raiders. It looks like 486 ilvl is average. My guild's gear was similar on our first kill and we beat prenerf enrage without cheese (2 tanks, 3 heals; cleavers get priority on legs, rest tunnel boss). It's not a gear problem, it's a play problem (as is evident by your Mage's performance).
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-05 at 10:18 PM.

I'm shocked you killed Elegon with those numbers 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    -70k from tanks
    -10k from healers (they can do a lot more, but yours are extremely low as it is)

I took a peek at the armory of a few of your raiders. It looks like 486 ilvl is average. My guild's gear was similar on our first kill and we beat prenerf enrage without cheese (2 tanks, 3 heals; cleavers get priority on legs, rest tunnel boss). It's not a gear problem, it's a play problem (as is evident by your Mage's performance).
    We'll try to pick it up

-70k from tanks

This means the double dipping nerf right?

Cuz if you mean you beat it before they gave you an extra minute on enrage, kudos to you sir. We couldn't manage that shit at all

Man I thought that our group was lacking dps... Not sure how you are handling the legs buff, I see ur rogue is doing pretty decent but ur Dk is lacking reaaly bad (we had 2 dks pulling 100k ish)... With this dps you will need to 2 heal and probably 1 tank it (with a plate soaker, if not 2 soakers so no tanks). Or you might try to figure out why ur dk is pulling so bad since he should be up there with the rogue without much effort... Also, ur mage is prob kiting but still, on our worse attempts we had our mage doing like 60k while kiting if I'm not mistaken... Oh and if you are going to 3 heal might as well have 2 healers kiting debuff with tanks, the healer kiting can heal him self and the tanks, have other 2 healers pop some cds and heal the rest... Pre-pots and hero on pull + 2nd pots when bursting again are pretty much a requirement for ur group (and flasks/food). Check their logs and call out who is not prepotting. Oh, have your resto druid to Heart of the Wild and pre-pot + dps on pull with hero up, he should be able to do at least 2-3M damage.

Quote Originally Posted by wownerd2012 View Post
    We'll try to pick it up
    I'd recommend posting logs and armory for your raiders in the appropriate class forum here and asking for help with both gear and rotation optimization. Generally you get some really good advice and you'll see a large boost in DPS if your raiders are willing to implement the advice.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    This means the double dipping nerf right?

Cuz if you mean you beat it before they gave you an extra minute on enrage, kudos to you sir. We couldn't manage that shit at all
    Kill time: 5:40. This was before the double dipping nerf, so my DPS is a little insane on that fight. The extra minute more than compensated for that though.

15+ Year Old Account

Kill time: 5:40. This was before the double dipping nerf, so my DPS is a little insane on that fight. The extra minute more than compensated for that though.
    only fight worth bringing a rogue to imo

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Man I thought that our group was lacking dps... Not sure how you are handling the legs buff, I see ur rogue is doing pretty decent but ur Dk is lacking reaaly bad (we had 2 dks pulling 100k ish)... With this dps you will need to 2 heal and probably 1 tank it (with a plate soaker, if not 2 soakers so no tanks). Or you might try to figure out why ur dk is pulling so bad since he should be up there with the rogue without much effort... Also, ur mage is prob kiting but still, on our worse attempts we had our mage doing like 60k while kiting if I'm not mistaken... Oh and if you are going to 3 heal might as well have 2 healers kiting debuff with tanks, the healer kiting can heal him self and the tanks, have other 2 healers pop some cds and heal the rest... Pre-pots and hero on pull + 2nd pots when bursting again are pretty much a requirement for ur group (and flasks/food). Check their logs and call out who is not prepotting. Oh, have your resto druid to Heart of the Wild and pre-pot + dps on pull with hero up, he should be able to do at least 2-3M damage.
    The dk is a tank and not frost.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:36 PM ----------

I'd recommend posting logs and armory for your raiders in the appropriate class forum here and asking for help with both gear and rotation optimization. Generally you get some really good advice and you'll see a large boost in DPS if your raiders are willing to implement the advice.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 03:29 PM ----------

Ty I'll do that

Deleted
    What worked for us to reach the enrage was to let our 3healers + hunter kite and both tanks go into dps spec and soak crushes. First night dps was kiting and we kept failing on enrage around 20%. 2nd night we made healers kite and we killed it the moment healers got the hang of it.
    We also hero emmediatly at the start (the second tank pulls and gets pheromones) to nuke all legs and get leg regen sooner.

524k dps on our first kill. I as tank was in frost spec, presence swapping to blood for kiting/swipes/crushes. OT was bear. Nuke legs at start w/ lust. The front leg that hangs out in the trail near the tanks, we keep alive once it respawns.

Their dps in these logs is probably also low because these were their first few attempts on the boss. I've always found that our dps picks up as the players learn the fight's dance steps. When you're first pulling an encounter a lot of times you're too worried about not standing in the bad and about what all those DBM timers are supposed to mean than you are about getting your rotation right and responding to a proc on time. Familiarity will improve your dps numbers.

Will it improve it enough? If your group can kill Elegon it can probably kill Garalon. If you learn pheremones well enough, half of your raid can just stand in the middle and practice rotations. I think you can do it, and I think you shouldn't be too hard on your dps. The numbers would be worrying if you were on your third night of pulls, but one night, you'll probably do fine. Your mage and hunter should both stand in the center and turret; 10% more uptime would do wonders for their numbers.

Your DPS is too low. Try to kite the pheromones with one raged who can dmg while moving and the 3 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Their dps in these logs is probably also low because these were their first few attempts on the boss. I've always found that our dps picks up as the players learn the fight's dance steps. When you're first pulling an encounter a lot of times you're too worried about not standing in the bad and about what all those DBM timers are supposed to mean than you are about getting your rotation right and responding to a proc on time. Familiarity will improve your dps numbers.

Will it improve it enough? If your group can kill Elegon it can probably kill Garalon. If you learn pheremones well enough, half of your raid can just stand in the middle and practice rotations. I think you can do it, and I think you shouldn't be too hard on your dps. The numbers would be worrying if you were on your third night of pulls, but one night, you'll probably do fine. Your mage and hunter should both stand in the center and turret; 10% more uptime would do wonders for their numbers.
    We are going tonight and hoping this is the case. We will make adjustments too.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:42 AM ----------

We got it!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7387&e=7794

Thanks for the help guys!